[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Users who are viewing this thread

hellspawn56 said:
Yeah I am from the U.S, I just found out that indeed it was an ip ban and will not be removed for any reason. I have tried a few proxy tools but all of which have ended in failure because most the ips they use are from china, and germany. Thanks for any help, but I think I'm up creek without paddles. The Good news is I did get too enjoy watching the lets play videos, so not everything was at a lost.

Well you could get your internet provider to change your ip if you are old enough to buy your own internet, and next time try not to get banned. Which you probably knew before asking your questions, no one just realizes they were ip banned months/ years later. There are proxies you could use, however I've no idea of any. Though a quick search on google finds information pretty easily. Usually people have already asked such questions on yahoo (for proxies).

AnddyiRaynor said:
hellspawn56 said:
Yeah I am from the U.S, I just found out that indeed it was an ip ban and will not be removed for any reason. I have tried a few proxy tools but all of which have ended in failure because most the ips they use are from china, and germany. Thanks for any help, but I think I'm up creek without paddles. The Good news is I did get too enjoy watching the lets play videos, so not everything was at a lost.

Well you could get your internet provider to change your ip if you are old enough to buy your own internet, and next time try not to get banned. Which you probably knew before asking your questions, no one just realizes they were ip banned months/ years later. There are proxies you could use, however I've no idea of any. Though a quick search on google finds information pretty easily. Usually people have already asked such questions on yahoo (for proxies).

I'm very sorry I'm not sure exactly what i did too anger you but that was not my intention, I apologize. I'm not exactly sure what I did to get banned I just found out when nexus support emailed me backed, which I was shocked and told me I was banned. I also didnt know that I could ask my internet provider to change my ip, I may look into that. I was looking into proxies but wasent sure because I've never used them. Right now I'm trying MitchyMatts method and going to friends houses and using their internet, but thats coming to a dead end, one friend is on charter, another on comcast,  and windstream, and all have been banned and they never even went to the site. So I"m not too sure what to do. I only wanted to try the mod after watching a lot of the lets play videos on youtube because the mod looked really fun to play. I'm very sorry for the stupid questions but I figured it couldnt hurt to ask and maybe someone could help me out. I hope I didnt offend anyone because thats not my intention. Thanks :grin:

I wasn't mad? Anyways are you using a different hotmail to register on their forums? You can't use the same one that got banned. I really doubt they carpet banned a area unless their were a ton of spam bots emanating from that area.

0cwZJaJ.png

0cwZJaJ.png

0cwZJaJ.png

Well, I'll be damned.

AnddyiRaynor said:
I wasn't mad? Anyways are you using a different hotmail to register on their forums? You can't use the same one that got banned. I really doubt they carpet banned a area unless their were a ton of spam bots emanating from that area.

Oh no, what I meant was, I never had an account there. Thats what got me scratching my head and very confused. I have only one email and yeah thats at hotmail. The email my internet provider gives me, my wife uses that one. When I tried registering with my hotmail the error I got was "You are not permitted to register a user account with this community.", so I emailed [email protected]. They emailed me back a couple days later giving me the bad news. When I tried using wifes email to register I got "Your IP address or email address has been flagged as being used by spammers on other forums. As such we're unable to accept your registration on our sites." When I tried using friends computers, I even used their emails and got the second error as well. So all of this has got me very confused. I'm glad you werent upset, you came off as a bit harsh. In some ways I understand that, because even I know this sounds weird being banned for no reason and even using friends computers and their ips are banned as well. I have one more friend whos got internet through their dishtv, its slow as crap, but its my last hope. I wont be able to try it until this weekend, so I'll let you know how that goes. If anyone has anymore ideas I'll be more than happy to try them.

It's ok it's pretty funny, I laughed when I saw the picture.

Also on topic dude you should just create a brand new hotmail just for that so there is no way it is banned. However if you are right about them closing registration I could see that being a problem but they also have so many sites that connect to that one site so I really can't see them closing registration. I believe I signed up to it for elder scrolls or some other game before I even played mount and blade warband. Ah yeah, it was for sims 3 cause they had a few mods I wanted.

What you should do first and foremost is getting an actual virusscanner and uptodate firewall and run a proper virus/malware check on your machine. The proper way (means pluggin in and out of the www a lot).

Afterwards use some different email adress to sign up, somthing not massbanned by nexus like hotmail and less prone to hacking, afterwards retry your effort or try at your local internet shop, or mayhaps ask around here wether or not some player around your region agrees to burn you a hard copy and ship it to you.

Yeah thanks for all the help, but I dont think theres anything else I can do. All the different emails I've tried have failed.My best options are like noosers said maybe someone sending me a hard copy, or option 2, someone pm me a private link. I'm hoping someone will go with option 2. I'm still curious why nexusmods is so freaking difficult to sign up for. I googled around and tried to see if there was any work around but all I found was you can either sign up or you cant. So I'm hoping some can send me a private link, I have fast internet so it shouldnt be a problem.  Hope someone came help me out soon. Thanks :grin:

I registered only to say this:
Please, good creators of mods, do not upload your creations to that stinking piece of **** page hosted by retards - NEXUS. It is simply the worst possible site to upload your mods, where at least 50% of people will simply give up on downloading mods because it is literally impossible to do. Every download stops at least a few times, some of them at 95% after hours of downloading... It' hard to describe how pathetic that "site" is and how much nerves it sucks from people because modders usually don't upload elsewhere for alternative links...

Make a torrent instead! Why to use a **** hole instead of tested and approved way of sharing? More people will be able to download your work!

Quattro said:
I registered only to say this:
Please, good creators of mods, do not upload your creations to that stinking piece of **** page hosted by retards - NEXUS. It is simply the worst possible site to upload your mods, where at least 50% of people will simply give up on downloading mods because it is literally impossible to do. Every download stops at least a few times, some of them at 95% after hours of downloading... It' hard to describe how pathetic that "site" is and how much nerves it sucks from people because modders usually don't upload elsewhere for alternative links...

Make a torrent instead! Why to use a **** hole instead of tested and approved way of sharing? More people will be able to download your work!

What country are you from?
I've never had any problems downloading from nexus' US and UK servers despite the fact that I'm from Russia. M&B, DAO, DA 2, State of Decay - I made lots of downloads but everything worked fine.
So I would suggest it's your local internet problem.

Yeah Nexus is much faster than ModDB for me, I quite like the site, and I have never had problems downloading stuff from there (though I guess PoP being uploaded on ModDB wouldn't be a bad thing, but if you are having problems with nexus I can imagine you having much more trouble with ModDB)

Nexus has way faster download speeds. I've used Nexus and Moddb for years. I know the complete difference. It also depends on your internet provider too, connections to the internet, users using the site, etc.

Nexus is the only area for now that has PoP. That may change in the future, but for right now it's Nexus only.

MitchyMatt said:
Nexus has way faster download speeds. I've used Nexus and Moddb for years. I know the complete difference. It also depends on your internet provider too, connections to the internet, users using the site, etc.

Nexus is the only area for now that has PoP. That may change in the future, but for right now it's Nexus only.
That is interesting, because I have used both sites for downloads (and uploads) on various pc's and moddb's speed was always faster. But anyway i hope to see POP on Moddb someday, as it may benefit greatly.

Michadr said:
MitchyMatt said:

That is interesting, because I have used both sites for downloads (and uploads) on various pc's and moddb's speed was always faster. But anyway i hope to see POP on Moddb someday, as it may benefit greatly.

It's entirely possible. I used Moddb all the time for mods/games etc. Like I said, there could be tons of variables affecting my opinion. I have no ill-will towards anything. I'll have to see about Moddb. I'll talk to SD about it. I check out Persino often on Moddb.  :cool:

It would be nice to see PoP have a second download option. I've never had any problems with Nexus but that is not the case for everyone. It would be a nice gesture to cater to those who would like to try PoP but can't because it is only on the Nexus.

Back
Top Bottom