[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Default Username said:
No. Really, how hard is it to download it from Nexus? I can download from Nexus US server while living on the other side of the world.
It's 2013. I'm not going to put up with a piece of crap site like that just to download a file.

RaggedRaggedOutfit said:
Default Username said:
No. Really, how hard is it to download it from Nexus? I can download from Nexus US server while living on the other side of the world.
It's 2013. I'm not going to put up with a piece of crap site like that just to download a file.

Then don't download it. It's that simple. Your options are fairly clear.

I don't get it. Does someone here profit from trying to distribute files on convoluted, dubious, ad-laden hosting sites? Or does nobody on the forum know how to make a torrent? It isn't that hard, just download "maketorrent" create a .torrent file and upload it on thepiratebay

http://sourceforge.net/projects/burst/

That's also unauthorized distribution and highly illegal. Download it from an existing source or don't download it at all. You're not "too good" for the nexus. You don't need a torrent.

Epicrules said:
That's also unauthorized distribution and highly illegal. Download it from an existing source or don't download it at all. You're not "too good" for the nexus. You don't need a torrent.
There is nothing illegal about the authors distributing their own file via torrent. What I am saying is, if they don't have access to real hosting, then a torrent is the easy and obvious alternative. Nobody has given a reason why the current poor solution for file hosting was chosen.

Why should anybody give you a reason why he uploaded his file on any site?

You can either download 3.42 from the mbrepostery
3.51 from Nexus or using a download manager and the alternative link in the download thread.

If you can´t be bothered to do the same thing as a couple of thousand different people as well a pity. One less player.
The reason 3.51 wasn´t uploaded on the mbrepostery only is it ceased to work for SD and nexus was the best alternative.

The idea behind a single upload and download link is to have it under control and see how many downloads you get. The insignificant displeasure you may get while downloading it is just a modest price to pay for something that took up that much time, effort and money as Pop did. Just like the little warm feeling a developer gets when seeing his download counter has hit 100000 is a meagre pay for a tens of thousands of hours of work spent on something.

If you can´t be bothered to show that little respect stick with something else and more trustworthy. But it dould surprise me, guessing from your posts you´ve some understanding of teh internetz and computers, so SaferSurfing shouldn´t be much of an issue to you.

Hi guys,

I can't seem to get the 2 shared links to work and I don't have any other options. Any advice? I had a great time playing this mod a while ago, I don't remember having to pay. I don't mind so much, but frankly I don't trust that website. Are there any other options?

Thanks.

There's nothing wrong with the Nexus. It's a great place for mods and I've been using it for several years ever since I started playing Oblivion and have not had a single problem from the site. Registration is also free. Furthermore, if you don't like the ads, why not simply use AdBlock?

I don't understand the gripe with ads. If you had a site, you'd want to make money too, and the most common way is through ads, which I'm more than fine with. Heck, even Youtube has ads, and I do occasionally click on them so that the channel owners can get something out of it. It's cool as long as the ads don't block like 50% of my screen.

Epicrules said:
I use Nexus for like... everything, and I haven't even noticed any ads. I don't use ad-block, either. It's really not that bad and I prefer it above all else.

Yeah that site requires 1 account for many games, it is much better than having to make an account for every game you want to download a mod for.

Oh **** I was being stupid and didn't notice the "you don't have to buy these packages" bit. Oh well.

Edit: Turns out I already had an account lols.

Glad I remembered: Cooler sheaths for all the swords! Also give the Fierdsvain Longsword a sheath! And also fix the D'Shar Sabre so it doesn't float next to my body! :grin:

Back
Top Bottom