[WIP - New map] N0body's Map

Users who are viewing this thread

Яowan

Grandmaster Knight
Map 1
(WIP - Work halted, anyone can download and edit it at will as long as they give credits)

I've been working on a map for about 2 weeks now - and it getting near to being finished, and here are some of the features;
3 Castles - all easy to defend, but some are easier than others - but they have less access to better equipment and gold than the harder ones to defend.
2 Ruined Villages for use of bandits.
1 Bandit camp
A makeshift tavern.  :grin:
2 Mines - One large and one small.
1 Easter egg  :grin:
The castles are actually towns - so there will be street battles.
All the special items can be found on the map.

Here are some pictures: (Outdated)
mb1g.jpg

mb2z.jpg

mb3y.jpg

mb4l.jpg

mb5m.jpg

mb6d.jpg

mb7.jpg

mb8.jpg

The Monastery:
mb9m.jpg

mb10q.jpg

The Vault - Yeah I know, rubbish - but it's still a vault 
mb11i.jpg

The Bandit Camp:
mb12.jpg

The bandit camp living area:
mb13.jpg

The bandit armoury & and underground - a bed for the leader.
mb14g.jpg

A ruined castle and bridge - would be a good place for bandits to hide out in.
mb15b.jpg

Also note this is my first ever scene I've made  :wink:
Have any suggestions or way to improve? Or even some constructive criticism?

Problems so far!
1. Some weapons don't spawn correctly - e.g inside a building where noone can get it.
2. Glass texture in some places.

Any others? Please say and post a screenshot.

You can download the map now - feel free to edit as I have no longer the want to work on it. If you do edit please give me credits for the original map.
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2170

Map 2
City map (With outskirts)
(WIP)

mb8q.jpg
As you can see there is a castle in the centre, this is the original castle with the moat ect. before the town was built around it.

Features:
Red & Blue castles connected to the palace.
Gold owned Palace.
White seige camp outside the city.
Fields & mountains along with a mine and a bandit camp.
2 - 4 bandit hideouts in the city.
Images (Lots, give them time to load.)
mb9b.jpg

mb10t.jpg

mb11w.jpg

mb12.jpg

mb13v.jpg

mb15s.jpg

mb16.jpg

mb18.jp
g
mb19.jpg

mb20.jpg

mb21k.jpg

mb23.jpg

Thats pretty nice, but you need to add more scenic props, trees, plants, boxes here and there.

Also you need to make some of the textures look nicer. But its pretty nice. :smile:

also everything is a bit close together :razz:

Frostysmittyjaja said:
Thats pretty nice, but you need to add more scenic props, trees, plants, boxes here and there.

Also you need to make some of the textures look nicer. But its pretty nice. :smile:

I haven't put much into trees and props yet - but I will.
The textures are awful - yes :lol:
Yeah I realised that after I did the 3rd castle  :???: I'll try moving everything if you can move move in bulk.

N0body said:
Frostysmittyjaja said:

I haven't put much into trees and props yet - but I will.
The textures are awful - yes :lol:
Yeah I realised that after I did the 3rd castle  :???: I'll try moving everything if you can move move in bulk.

Ah, you can't move in bulk :p

You should move the castles a bit away from each other... When they are too near its harder to form solid factions as you'd often be interupted by random groups or other factions. Also, larger plains mean better cavalry fights

faradon said:
You should move the castles a bit away from each other... When they are too near its harder to form solid factions as you'd often be interupted by random groups or other factions. Also, larger plains mean better cavalry fights

Yeah - I noticed how close the were all together - and the problems it would cause, I'm moving them away from each other right now

Splintert said:
N0body make the map have low graphics quality for those of us with **** computers to run!

Well for starters:
There is and will be far less trees and:
I will message you the pass for the test server, then you can see how well your comp copes with the map  :wink:

omfgozk said:
Epic man!

Put a release date on it bruv :grin:

27/07/2010  :grin:

N0body said:
Temuzu said:
Also, if Im not hallucinating, that map isnt the max size, is it?

I doubt it - I just moved the MP map 1 and it created a new map file, then I built on that.
The original PW map isn't max size either. The sliders of the terrain code editor are very limited, but if you know what part of the terrain code you have to edit, you can expand it even further.

N0body said:
Splintert said:
N0body make the map have low graphics quality for those of us with **** computers to run!

Well for starters:
There is and will be far less trees and:
I will message you the pass for the test server, then you can see how well your comp copes with the map  :wink:
Can I test it aswell? =)

Back
Top Bottom