The City Watch (22nd Server)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plazek

Master Knight
mb1-2.jpg

The City Watch is a 22nd endorsed group with special powers on the server. They are there to uphold the law, fighting the brigands and criminals who so cruelly opress the people of our fine city. The idea behind this group is to change the way PW servers are adminned, using the game to punish "evil" players rather than appealing to rules and admin abilities. Think the admin squads in Gmod RP servers, or the police in ARMA and ARMA2 RP mods such as Chernarus Life.

If you break the laws then you have the city watch to fear. This is because we make it our objective to remove all criminals from our city and the surrounding land. Furthermore under sufficient circumstances we may be pulled further afield. For example to the mines or the village to protect the citizens.

Rather than kicking people who for example kill the unarmed (eg bandits) we hope to capture or kill them. Rather than have server rules to ban them from the game we want to respond within the confines of the game. We will retain our current rules but I hope that if this proves sucessful then maybe one day we can repeal them.

All people are considered innocent until we know them to have broken the law. When they do we shall request they surrender for imprisonment, or they may resist... If you are imprisoned after you have served your term you are a free man, free to go about your business. These rules apply even if you are the bandit class. If you appear to follow the laws as a bandit then you will have no trouble from the city watch. However repeated reports from respected citizens may end this if you go too far!

If you have broken the law and are currently considered a criminal by the watch then you can be killed by members at any time. Even if unarmed, even if not a bandit. However spawn killing is the exception to this rule. If you have seen or been a victim of a crime then report it to us the criminals name and the location, preferably by visiting the town watch. If we have enough time/men available we will investigate. However bear in mind that depending on the location and the prevalence of any particular factions it may be out of our jurisdiction.

Current Criminals:
We will give everyone a clean slate after our first night as it was a test and we had not made this announcement.
From now on we will be keeping proper records of LONG TERM criminals. That is people we encounter regularly who are of the bandit bent.

The Laws:
Fighting in the city is prohibited.
Weapons must be sheathed at all times.
Using any means to enter the city or assisting others in doing so is prohibited.
City Watch property is for use only by city watch members unles you have express consent.
You are not allowed to climb upon the city walls or use the city gate.
No public indecency.
No theft.
No murder.
(when we have the means available these laws will extend to outside the city walls also bear in mind these are NOT server rules, feel free to break them and to accept the potential consequences :smile:)

The Watchmen:
Commander Sire Samuel Vimes
Captain Carrot Ironfoundersson
Sergeant Angua von Überwald
Sergeant Fred Colon
Corporal Nobby Nobbs
Constable Dorfl
Constable Igor
Corporal Buggy Swires
The Librarian
Sergeant Detritus
Constable Downspout
Constable Reginald Shoe
Special-Constable Andy "Two Swords" Hancock
Corporal Ping
Sergeant Stronginthearm
Constable Visit-the-Infidel-with-Explanatory-Pamphlets
Wee Mad Arthur

(to the people who joined us who had not got their names sorted get a name and I will add you to the roster, if you want the list were using then PM me)
We are not yet recruiting except by invitation.

Special Powers:
Watchmen may kill any criminal unless he has just spawned even if unarmed, even if not the bandit class.
Watchmen may demand access to the City Watch, co-operation will be rewarded if possible but lack of co-operation will make you a criminal.
Item requisition, watchmen may request items from you, if you are a good citizen you will provide them. However we will not kill you for them. We may steal a horse from time to time though. We will try and return items that are used. If they are lost and we can afford it we will provide replacements. Just come to the City Watch and make your claim citing the name of the watchman who you were so generous as to help.

Rules for Watchmen:
Do not random. You must be sure the person is a criminal.
Always try to arrest people first (if possible).
Always tell people what their crimes are before acting (if possible).

However this whole thing is currently still a work in progress so please bear this in mind. Laws may be subject to change as will membership of the Guard. So be sure to check our roster if you want to know who is who, for whatever reasons. :wink:

Also be aware taking up a position with the City Watch is not something anyone can do you must agree to obey the law yourself at all times when playing as a watchman. Going against this will be punished. If you observe watchmen playing improperly then please inform me privately via PM, preferably with evidence. Two strikes and they are out. First offence is a one week ban and the second permanent. That is from the server, and the group. However be aware this game can get hectic and I am sure mistakes will sometimes be made. Please be considerate in your accusations.

If you have any suggestions, questions or constructive criticisms then please make them.
IMPERSONATORS WILL BE BANNED

~"Fabricati Diem, Pvncti"~

Plazek said:
mb1-2.jpg

The City Watch is a 22nd endorsed group with special powers on the server. They are there to uphold the law, fighting the brigands and criminals who so cruelly opress the people of our fine city. The idea behind this group is to change the way PW servers are adminned, using the game to punish "evil" players rather than appealing to rules and admin abilities. Think the admin squads in Gmod RP servers, or the police in ARMA and ARMA2 RP mods such as Chernarus Life.

If you break the laws then you have the city watch to fear. This is because we make it our objective to remove all criminals from our city and the surrounding land. Furthermore under sufficient circumstances we may be pulled further afield. For example to the mines or the village to protect the citizens.

Rather than kicking people who for example kill the unarmed (eg bandits) we hope to capture or kill them. Rather than have server rules to ban them from the game we want to respond within the confines of the game. We will retain our current rules but I hope that if this proves sucessful then maybe one day we can repeal them.

All people are considered innocent until we know them to have broken the law. When they do we shall request they surrender for imprisonment, or they may resist... If you are imprisoned after you have served your term you are a free man, free to go about your business. These rules apply even if you are the bandit class. If you appear to follow the laws as a bandit then you will have no trouble from the city watch. However repeated reports from respected citizens may end this if you go too far!

If you have broken the law and are currently considered a criminal by the watch then you can be killed by members at any time. Even if unarmed, even if not a bandit. However spawn killing is the exception to this rule. If you have seen or been a victim of a crime then report it to us the criminals name and the location, preferably by visiting the town watch. If we have enough time/men available we will investigate. However bear in mind that depending on the location and the prevalence of any particular factions it may be out of our jurisdiction.

Current Criminals:
We will give everyone a clean slate after our first night as it was a test and we had not made this announcement.
From now on we will be keeping proper records

The Laws:
Fighting in the city is prohibited.
Weapons must be sheathed at all times.
Using any means to enter the city or assisting others in doing so is prohibited.
City Watch property is for use only by city watch members unles you have express consent.
You are not allowed to climb upon the city walls or use the city gate.
No public indecency.
No theft.
No murder.
(when we have the means available these laws will extend to outside the city walls also bear in mind these are NOT server rules, feel free to break them and to accept the potential consequences :smile:)

The Watchmen:
Commander Sire Samuel Vimes
Captain Carrot Ironfoundersson
Sergeant Angua von Überwald
Sergeant Fred Colon
Corporal Nobby Nobbs
Constable Dorfl
Constable Igor
Corporal Buggy Swires
The Librarian

(to the people who joined us who had not got their names sorted get a name and I will add you to the roster, if you want the list were using then PM me)
We are not yet recruiting except by invitation.

Special Powers:
Watchmen may kill any criminal unless he has just spawned even if unarmed, even if not the bandit class.
Watchmen may demand access to the City Watch, co-operation will be rewarded if possible but lack of co-operation will make you a criminal.
Item requisition, watchmen may request items from you, if you are a good citizen you will provide them. However we will not kill you for them. We may steal a horse from time to time though. We will try and return items that are used. If they are lost and we can afford it we will provide replacements. Just come to the City Watch and make your claim citing the name of the watchman who you were so generous as to help.

However this whole thing is currently still a work in progress so please bear this in mind. Laws may be subject to change as will membership of the Guard. So be sure to check our roster if you want to know who is who, for whatever reasons. :wink:

Also be aware taking up a position with the City Watch is not something anyone can do you must agree to obey the law yourself at all times when playing as a watchman. Going against this will be punished. If you observe watchmen playing improperly then please inform me privately via PM, preferably with evidence. Two strikes and they are out. First offence is a one week ban and the second permanent. That is from the server, and the group. However be aware this game can get hectic and I am sure mistakes will sometimes be made. Please be considerate in your accusations.

If you have any suggestions, questions or constructive criticisms then please make them.
IMPERSONATORS WILL BE BANNED

~"Fabricati Diem, Pvncti"~

this guy knows how to play the game

I'll join, as Sergeant Detritus
They will fear me from all across the lands. With a ballista as a crossbow, i will demolish people!

town watch,town watch
town watch, town watch
persistentworld cops are on the take
But what do you expect for the money we make?
Whether in a car or on a horse
We don't mind using excessive force
town watch, town watch
town watch, town watch

sung to the tune of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ31KkjbGao

Laszlo said:
I applaud this institution.

Would you like a Town Watch HQ in the official map?

Or perhaps Town Watch class/armour/helmet?

Would be nice!

Used said:
town watch,town watch
town watch, town watch
persistentworld cops are on the take
But what do you expect for the money we make?
Whether in a car or on a horse
We don't mind using excessive force
town watch, town watch
town watch, town watch

sung to the tune of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ31KkjbGao

I lolled.
But I prefer this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4MRmEPNUxY&feature=fvw

:mrgreen:

And what about a public criminal list? it would be good to publicly know who are acussed and why, this way the people could deffend for acussations and so.

Yeah, like these guys are any better than the criminals they claim to fight. They've turned the city into a communist dictatorship. I got shot by Nobby Nobbs, for no reason, whilst outside the city with my weapon sheathed.

Way to go, "guards".

Tarkz said:
i really don't see this working to be honest...

It isn't. The way they're running things is a real joke. This will last until everybody gets pissed off at them and wipes them off the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom