Temuzus map, Suggestion welcome while you still can!

Users who are viewing this thread

I think I can make a thread about my map aswell :smile:

It doesnt have a name, I was thinking maybe Temuscus, as Damascos from AC was part of my inspiration :lol:

Anyway, on to the eyecandy.

Starting area, no weapons can be bought here, and the access to Temuscus's bank.
mbwarband20100722034028.jpg
mbwarband20100722034038.jpg

The Central Plaza, you are able to buy basic weapons from here, aswell as enter the tunnels and move further into the city.
mbwarband20100722034101.jpg
mbwarband20100722034111.jpg

The Red (Or Communist Area, as I like to call it) Area is located near the Plaza, and can be entered from 3 directions. Its the only part of the city defended by a portcullis, and has an prison for... "Political Prisoners".
mbwarband20100722034133.jpg
mbwarband20100722034146.jpg

Part of the town with nothing in it, just filler.
mbwarband20100722034207.jpg

The mines.
mbwarband20100722034236.jpg

The Blues, the protectors of the Dragon Shield.
mbwarband20100722034304.jpg
mbwarband20100722034310.jpg

Whites have one of the defendables of bases in the map.
mbwarband20100722034319.jpg
mbwarband20100722034327.jpg
mbwarband20100722034339.jpg

The Greens have the biggest weapon selection avaiable.
mbwarband20100722034349.jpg
mbwarband20100722034358.jpg

Access to sewers.
mbwarband20100722034414.jpg
mbwarband20100722034425.jpg

The Bandit controlled Slums
mbwarband20100722034500.jpg
mbwarband20100722034511.jpg

And lastly, the hidden Yellow Assassins hideout!
mbwarband20100722034741.jpg

So there you go, want to make suggestions? Perhaps a room dedicated to oloists? Something little for you that only you know about? Post here or PM me :smile:

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a castle atop the city, that all of the factions fight over, and the faction that controls it, controls the city. To spice it up a bit, have the chests in the castle be the best way to make money, symbolizing taxes. This would encourage factions to fight for the castle, and citizens to join together and rise up against unjust rulers. This would be an excellent objective for all the players, as the castle would always be well-defended, and heavily contested. The factions that are not in control would be vulnerable because the faction in control would likely outnumber them (after all, there's usually a reason a certain faction is in control) and would have to be wary of the enemy. This would present nearly limitless possiblities for roleplay, and combat situations.

Unfortunately, without the module system, Temuzu (and every other mapper) is limited in what they can do. So they can't make the gold spawners spawn more gold. However... he COULD size down an iron bar, hide it in a non-gold giving chest and MAYBE that'll work...

bgfan said:
Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a castle atop the city, that all of the factions fight over, and the faction that controls it, controls the city. To spice it up a bit, have the chests in the castle be the best way to make money, symbolizing taxes. This would encourage factions to fight for the castle, and citizens to join together and rise up against unjust rulers. This would be an excellent objective for all the players, as the castle would always be well-defended, and heavily contested. The factions that are not in control would be vulnerable because the faction in control would likely outnumber them (after all, there's usually a reason a certain faction is in control) and would have to be wary of the enemy. This would present nearly limitless possiblities for roleplay, and combat situations.

Check out Phyrex's map, I think he did something similiar to this.

I think you guys shouldnt try to make big cities and stuff. Thats why you wont beat the old map as it focuses on the real strenghts of the mod- the development of factions and the wars between those which are mainly fought in sieges and cavalry battles on large plains...

In city focused maps the mod ends up in an unorganized deathmatch with randoming and ****. Roleplay-killer.

Please, just give us our a few castles and plain fields back!

I'm not so sure. I think if a city map's well designed, it could encourage roleplay just as much as a plains map. Of course, the best way to find out would be to play them and see what people do.

I don't really like the map so far.  I think there's too many open areas and random things like in the third screenshot there's a giant log jutting out of a stair case for some reason, and then in another shot there's like 10 giant pillars.  I like the idea of the entire map inside a giant city though.  But I think it should be more elaborate and have more alleyways and stuff.  Less open space.

i like it since it contrasts well with the official map, they compliment each other very well. I also like bgfans idea very much, it should be a whole new map all together! Plains and urban mixed, with a large powerful urban center in the middle of smaller rural outposts.

bgfan said:
Archevious said:
Unfortunately, without the module system, Temuzu (and every other mapper) is limited in what they can do. So they can't make the gold spawners spawn more gold. However... he COULD size down an iron bar, hide it in a non-gold giving chest and MAYBE that'll work...
bgfan said:
I see... for some reason I had assumed he had the source for the mod.
Hmm, interesting. I do believe there is still room for a castle, and just for the heck of it, maeby I could do an Western part of the town near the castle (Western European, that is). I shall explore the possibilities!

faradon said:
I think you guys shouldnt try to make big cities and stuff. Thats why you wont beat the old map as it focuses on the real strenghts of the mod- the development of factions and the wars between those which are mainly fought in sieges and cavalry battles on large plains...

In city focused maps the mod ends up in an unorganized deathmatch with randoming and ****. Roleplay-killer.

Please, just give us our a few castles and plain fields back!
Well, if my wishes come true, this map will become such a rapefest for loners, that it will infact encourage people to form gangs, and policeforces. Maeby not as RP as possible, but hopefully the people that survive the cluster**** will start roleplaying once they reach their bas eof desire.

Alex_C said:
I'm not so sure. I think if a city map's well designed, it could encourage roleplay just as much as a plains map. Of course, the best way to find out would be to play them and see what people do.
Yes, and this is why I want it to be released as soon as possible, to start fixing the exploits, hear any complains, see how well the limited view increases FPS.

Nikolai Alexandre said:
I don't really like the map so far.  I think there's too many open areas and random things like in the third screenshot there's a giant log jutting out of a stair case for some reason, and then in another shot there's like 10 giant pillars.  I like the idea of the entire map inside a giant city though.  But I think it should be more elaborate and have more alleyways and stuff.  Less open space.
b_holzbruch.jpg

Couldnt find a pic for the other one, but its supposed to work like this: One person goes to the end of the log, and people can challenge him. If they win, they gain his place, and so on. Just a little game  :razz:

Elthore said:
...is this going to be in v3?
Archevious said:
Not until it gets "Laszlo's Seal of Official Approval"
Yeah, lets hope our lord wakes up soon.

Back
Top Bottom