Becoming a Lord

Users who are viewing this thread

Mrshull

Recruit
I looked at the Pendor Wiki but I couldn't find anything On becoming a lord for the D'shar Faction. Can anyone please tell me How I can become 1?

I would like my own castle I have been playing for almost 300 days and getting bored... I have been Killing TONS of my enemies.

Prestige is at 900.

Anyone have an idea?

I am his Vassal.

Every time I take a castle he gives it away? and every time I ask a lord or w/e to follow me they say thats not very proper or something?

Your renown must be high if you want to receive fiefs and good relationship with your king also helps.
Compare your renown and what fiefs you have to the lords of your faction.

This is Native 101, btw, but it works the same in POP.

You can rebel over not receiving a castle or fief I believe.  Considering most lords start with a thousand renown or so you cant really expect to be the benefactor of the kingdoms good will.

In medieval terms a fief was the parcel of land given to a nobleman in exchange for their service. In Mount and Blade terms, a fief are the castle, villages and towns.

You should already have a village as a vassal. If you want a castle, just keep on taking them, and be sure to request it when you have conquered it. Kings try to keep their Lord's power balanced, so if there are many AI lords without lands, you wont get one for a while. Keep at it and you will be granted it eventually.

And if you are willing to fight very hard to hold onto your lands just rebel when your king tells you that you can't have the castle that you just fought so hard to claim. Just remember to keep a good sized garrison (100 or so higher end troops) in your castle at all times and try to be there yourself to defend it if it comes under siege by your likely pissed off old faction.

P.S. Are you sure that you are actually a vassal and not just a mercenary hired to fight for a kingdom. The Reports menu will still say that you are a lord of X faction if you are currently employed by them.

I decided to go siege some castles and after the 3rd 1 he gave it to me finnaly thnx for the help guys

Notice that as long as there are other lords of your faction who´ve lost their holding and have no fief now your king will usually always favour them over you.

So if you´re greedily looking for a castle, ensure every other has one before you start taking the desired object.

This has been well discussed before and I suggest you use the search function to locate this precious information. I have no doubt that you can use all the surplus information you gain by the side results of your search to improve your knowlege about basic gaming. Acquiring a fief or how to swear fealty to a lord is basic gaming. Guessing from this lack of knowlegde I assume that you have a certain lack of combat practice as well which will make PoP a very difficult experience for you.

Therefore I suggest that you read the wiki eagerly as well as the beginners sections of this forum for precious information and I higly advise you that you quite some time with native to get a clue on how to run things and then come back to PoP - this will make your experience a fare more enjoyable one for you.

Etymology: French, from Old French
Date: circa 1611
1 : a feudal estate
2 : something over which one has rights or exercises control

I believe what Abyss and LittleMikey meant was that in M&B (and PoP) when you swear vassalage to a king he gives you a village, not a town or castle - that village is, by definition, your fief.  You automatically get bad relations with the lord he took it from to give to you, too.

I think in actual medieval Europe, a fief was something a lord gave a knight or one of his favored subjects as a reward for service. I.e. "Ah, you seem to have cut off my old uncle Reginald's head. Good on you. Here is your fief." Which makes me wonder if it doesn't have something to do with the modern word "fee", also for services rendered.

Back
Top Bottom