B Tutorial Animation Animation tutorial (Blender3D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Very helpful this thread is, just one question: I want the weapon to be held in the other hand, is there a way to change weapon positions, if yes, how?

Zirkhovsky said:
Very helpful this thread is, just one question: I want the weapon to be held in the other hand, is there a way to change weapon positions, if yes, how?

Thanks, I'm glad if it's still useful!  :grin:
I think it's possible with swapping the left-right item bones. - I was wrong! :sad:

Go to "EDIT MODE" [Tab]. 
Move the "item.R" bone to the left on the X-Axis [G, X] - that's just pointing forward from the right hand
You should also rotate it 180˙ on the Y axis [R, Y, 180, Return], to prevent reaping with the back of the sabre.
Parent "item.R" bone to "hand.L": Select the two bones  [Shift + Click] in this order and bind them together [Ctrl+P]. Select (Keep Offset) from the dropdown menu.
Blender will do the same simultaneously with "item.L" and "hand.R" while the (X-Axis Mirror) is checked in the {Editing Options}. So, uncheck it if you want to keep the shield in the left hand.
Go back to "POSE MODE", and make your left handed animation.

Beware, this change will only affect the animation you make after the bone swapping. Shield and Sword will jump back if you use it followed by an official animation!

In practice, the exporter ignores moving of child bones, and swaps them back according to their parent bones. That's why, left handed weapon holding isn't possible with the upper method.

:idea: By the way, bows are connected to the left hand. For idle animations the swapping might be faked by changing a bow mesh with a melee weapon. But I have no idea for ordinary execution.

Just wanted to mention that I think the brf exporter linked to in this tutorial works much better than the official exporter. In my experience, the official exporter doesn't keep any information on the translation of the abdomen.

What I did was use the official starting blender files (since they are already using the in-game axis) and then executed the brfanimexport.py file from the text editor. Worked like a charm  :mrgreen:

Excellent DtheHun !

By cons I would like to clarify that in your Blender link, it is necessary for windows, to take the .zip and not the .exe name ! In fact I saw there was less memory on the .exe  than the .zip, that's surprised me! And it lacks a very important thing in .exe: The script file ! It took me two days to figure out why I could not export to .brf, well I found :p!

Sorry for my bad english  :sad:

Back
Top Bottom