NEW VERSION: PWMOD_2 RELEASE

Users who are viewing this thread

Laszlo

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Changes:

1. Bows and Xbows cannot be fired from horseback
2. Iron and Chests: decreased timers by 40%
3. Practice swords damage reduced slightly.
4. White castle courtyard is accessible by horse
5. White castle is more defendable.
6. Bed timers decreased by 25%
7. Swords in white castle given same spawn positions as all other swords (should be fixed)
8. Green castle upper level is now accessible by horse
9. Green castle upper level now has a tethering yard.
10. Vincenzo's horse removal script added.
11. Area chat by Highlander with tweaks by Vornne
12. Names about heads by Highlander with tweaks by Vornne
13. Free sumpter horses removed
14. New safe zone spawn location
15. Horse prices increased (sorry :smile: )
16. Legendary Great Sword should now be purchasable.
17. Sally door in upper red castle should not be openable from outside.
18. Second ladder added to red castle and angle of ladders lowered.
19. Round timer can in theory now be bumped up to 3 hours or more. (Needs testing)

Highlander: thank you so much for your incredible scripts:

Press Left-Alt to display names of other players above their heads.
Press i [then click the text box] to use local area chat.

Vincenzo: I've had a go at implementing your horse removal script. We decided against using the values you provided because we found horses were killed to quickly even if they were being ridden for most of the time. We can certainly tweak this in the future.

1. You obviously got troll'd by nerdraging non-bandits, the mounted light crossbow was the most epic thing since cell division

also: saw update, jizzed in pants

Area chat will be a *****, since it seems to be the same system that was employed in RP mod. It may seem insignificant but having to click inside the textbox gets annoying - in RP mod people just stopped using it in favor of normal chat.

Eh, I dunno. I tried getting everyone to use area chat, but it was only convenient in non-combat times - it's much easier to type while fighting in normal chat.

Normal chat is a cluster**** and roleplay is impossible. Now all we have to do is wait on a server to host this epic win.

Yeah, a lot of people didn't use the area chat in RP mod because they were too lazy to click in the chat box. Even when we were RPing peacefully  :roll:

In case it becomes a problem with people not using the area chat, what you could do is writing a code that mutes all players that's not in your local area. But then you'd have the problem with no chat to everyone. Unless you make that use a text box you have to click in... A bit of a hacky workaround maybe. If it's worth it depends on what you want people to use mostly I guess, the local chat or the general chat. This is only if it becomes a problem with people not using the area chat of course.

Anyhow, the updates sounds great, there's nothing I disagree with there :grin:

If you got rid of general chat it'd be good, I think. It's not like people could actually send eachother an instant message from across the map, anyway :razz:

It would be completely impractical to remove general chat.

Hypothetical: General chat is removed from the mod and you jump in a server. Someone is doing something banworthy with an admin on the server, but the admin is nowhere near you, thus you can't tell him.

You can't remove general chat because it would cause all sorts of other problems.

faradon said:
...and its not possible to change the nromal chat to a local chat somehow?
Not directly, no. Chat is hardcoded for some reason.
But, as I said, you can write a code that mutes all players not in your local area, which essentially changes the normal chat into local, as you can only hear people close to you. :smile:

Scorch! said:

Hypothetical: General chat is removed from the mod and you jump in a server. Someone is doing something banworthy with an admin on the server, but the admin is nowhere near you, thus you can't tell him.

You can't remove general chat because it would cause all sorts of other problems.
Exactly why it's a bad idea. You could however use Highlanders current area chat, but change it to it chats to everyone - problem solved.

Beaver said:
faradon said:
...and its not possible to change the nromal chat to a local chat somehow?
Not directly, no. Chat is hardcoded for some reason.
But, as I said, you can write a code that mutes all players not in your local area, which essentially changes the normal chat into local, as you can only hear people close to you. :smile:

Scorch! said:

Exactly why it's a bad idea. You could however use Highlanders current area chat, but change it to it chats to everyone - problem solved.

Take it to a thread gentlemen. It's time to party.  :razz: *Puts on party music*

Back
Top Bottom