Forgot steam account name - now i can't play

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

joyriderx

Hello all,

i forgot my steam account name and tried to reget it via e-mail. But sadly steam is NOT sending any mail to me.

I checked the spam folder, there is definatly NO e-mail from steam.

Is there any chance to "reset" my cd-key and to register it with another steam account (and remove it from the old, unkown name one)? Or is there any chance to install and play Mound & Blade: Warband WITHOUT steam?

Anyways, this was the first and last game i bought via steam, the support of steam sucks a lot, i hope and think the publisher of this great game is better. :smile:

joyriderx said:
Hello all,

i forgot my steam account name and tried to reget it via e-mail. But sadly steam is NOT sending any mail to me.

Is there any chance to "reset" my cd-key and to register it with another steam account (and remove it from the old, unkown name one)? Or is there any chance to install and play Mound & Blade: Warband WITHOUT steam?

Anyways, this was the first and last game i bought via steam, the support of steam sucks a lot, i hope and think the publisher of this great game is better. :smile:

Is Warband currently installed on your PC?  Have you had it installed recently?

joyriderx said:
Is there any chance to "reset" my cd-key and to register it with another steam account (and remove it from the old, unkown name one)?

You can't have two of the same game CD-Keys on two accounts, Sorry.

Also you should have saved your steam details ^^

1. Don't bash Steam support, its great if you have a head on your shoulders and know how to use it. For things other than eating and licking... ice cream  :mrgreen:
2. If you forgot your username and requested an email and it never arrived, get in contact with steam using any email that receives emails from steam.
3. They should have sent you an email with your serial number (they did it when I bought games on Steam, I've been using it for years with no problems). If you use that serial number with installer you can download on taleworlds site (trial version = full version), you can play without steam.
4. You can not reset serial number, once it has been activated on one steam account, its glued to that account forever.
5. Your M&B:WB serial number could be in the registry somewhere.
6. Steam should be able to help you recover your account if you get in contact with them and have any kind of proof of purchase for a game registered on that account, for example a copy of bank transfer paper or something like that. Might require more than that, I never lost my username, didn't recover it.
7. If you lose your accounts, write them down on a piece of paper and put it where similar papers are: passwords, site logins, emails, bank accounts, credit card PIN numbers... make a copy of that all and send it my way as a thank you gift  :mrgreen:

Hope you get your problem sorted out :smile:
Note: Steam might require a working week to reply, its a normal thing. Also consider its Saturday already and they might not reply till next Friday.

Shinigami said:
6. Steam should be able to help you recover your account if you get in contact with them and have any kind of proof of purchase for a game registered on that account,

He's right, when I got hacked, I had to give my credit card details to them, good thing is, its only the last 4 digits and the security code you have to give, then they got my account back :wink:

Frostysmittyjaja said:
Shinigami said:
6. Steam should be able to help you recover your account if you get in contact with them and have any kind of proof of purchase for a game registered on that account,

He's right, when I got hacked, I had to give my credit card details to them, good thing is, its only the last 4 digits and the security code you have to give, then they got my account back :wink:

Probably bad if you use mbnet though...

Cedric Ferguson said:
How did you forget your username? The game hasn't even been out for four months  :???:
Because i created a new account for it and deleted my steam-folder by accident. :sad:

Frostysmittyjaja said:
You can't have two of the same game CD-Keys on two accounts, Sorry.

Also you should have saved your steam details ^^
Thats why i asked to move it to a new account and delete it from the old unknown one.

1 week... speaks books about steam... other companies can send a password or account name to the registered e-mail automatically within 1 hour or less.

I will just buy games in shop next time, without steam or other online services. I am sad that M&B Warband can only played online with steam. An own client/server would be better i think.

joyriderx said:
Hello all,

the support of steam doesnt suck, u just suck
email steamsupport not [email protected]

and no, taleworlds isnt better as steam, it is worse

Shinigami said:
1. Don't bash Steam support, its great if you have a head on your shoulders and know how to use it. For things other than eating and licking... ice cream  :mrgreen:
2. If you forgot your username and requested an email and it never arrived, get in contact with steam using any email that receives emails from steam.
3. They should have sent you an email with your serial number (they did it when I bought games on Steam, I've been using it for years with no problems). If you use that serial number with installer you can download on taleworlds site (trial version = full version), you can play without steam.
4. You can not reset serial number, once it has been activated on one steam account, its glued to that account forever.
5. Your M&B:WB serial number could be in the registry somewhere.
6. Steam should be able to help you recover your account if you get in contact with them and have any kind of proof of purchase for a game registered on that account, for example a copy of bank transfer paper or something like that. Might require more than that, I never lost my username, didn't recover it.
7. If you lose your accounts, write them down on a piece of paper and put it where similar papers are: passwords, site logins, emails, bank accounts, credit card PIN numbers... make a copy of that all and send it my way as a thank you gift  :mrgreen:

Hope you get your problem sorted out :smile:
Note: Steam might require a working week to reply, its a normal thing. Also consider its Saturday already and they might not reply till next Friday.

this 100%
OP is just an idiot

Any chance to get help here without getting offended?

Valve is a very big company, but they are unable to send automated e-mails with usernames and/or passwords?

Anyways, i don't think i will find serious help here... speaks books about the M&B Community too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom