[Suggestion] Peasants get daggers

Users who are viewing this thread

There is no reason peasants should not be able to defend themselves against people who kill the freshly spawned intent on buying bigger weapons to kill the freshly spawned. At least give peasants a wooden shield to hide their defenseless bodies behind

Definitely.  If this mod is going to move beyond spawnkilling defenseless people without weapons you need to start with a basic weapon.

How about the player gets to choose between a farmers pitchfork, a sickle, a really horrible hammer, and some rocks! Maybe throw in a horrid shield or two?

Maybe somehow if there's a countdown timer until someone can buy a weapon. If the map just starts, then I think that free weapons would be bad, but maybe, just maybe, it would be good to have them for the later game.

Insta-deathmatching isn't good, and it will happen.

MrShovelFace said:
There is no reason peasants should not be able to defend themselves against people who kill the freshly spawned intent on buying bigger weapons to kill the freshly spawned. At least give peasants a wooden shield to hide their defenseless bodies behind
No shields and knifes for them. A stick will be enough!  :mrgreen:

I think normal weapons and shields needs to be way more expensive, but you can get weapons like wooden spear free, but you have to cut them out of wood which takes some time. So that weapons whit iron or steel on them are really rare. And normal people dosen`t have a weapon, and if they have one they would probably only have a woden stick or a wooden spear.

apsod said:
I think normal weapons and shields needs to be way more expensive, but you can get weapons like wooden spear free, but you have to cut them out of wood which takes some time. So that weapons whit iron or steel on them are really rare. And normal people dosen`t have a weapon, and if they have one they would probably only have a woden stick or a wooden spear.
I like your idea.

Why is it every idea has someone trying to turn it into some kind grind/farm fest, we don't want to spend half the game 'crafting' weapons or collecting a ton of gold just to buy an item and the prices are fine as they are, give or take. It seems like everyone wants this to be as time consuming and boring as WoW.  :lol:

Starting with weapons ? that part doesn't bother me, it wouldn't bother me whether I spawned with a weapon or without, it's easy enough to go get 200gp to buy a war spear.

yes it is easy enuf to buy a war spear. Not really.. the endless waves of idiots camping the armoury make that impossible without getting an arrow or two in you

The point is, any idiot can come up and stab you, as soon as he's spawned. If you're about to finish mining 5000, that'd **** you off. If you've just finished buying the legend sword, and some guy walks up behind you, stabs you, and steals it from your corpse, that'd **** you off. If someone kills him, he doesn't have to buy anything, he can just come straight back, and do it again. And again. And again. And again. And again.

What, and you can get from the spawn, to the mine, to the to of the castle, with out being hit by anything or anyone once? Also, if said assailant is a proficient manual blocker, then having a huge sword makes no difference if you can get killed by a guy with a dagger.

Back
Top Bottom