[Suggestion] Peasants get daggers

Users who are viewing this thread

except you cant manually block with daggers and it pretty much ties into gameplay that if you have low health then you dont go to the armoury (the most dangerous part of the map)

Sushiman said:
If you can't block, how do you intend on defending. You, sirrah, fail at logic.

They can do feint attack since 1.126 + have a good speed rating, which come in handy for chamberblocks. It's not a perfect weapon, but better than nothing.
* one lil edit - not daggers (It's more like militias weapon, not peasants). Butching knife is ok. Or club. at least it has blocks.

Maybe there is a way to create "barriers" like the ones inside the game that doesnt allow you to go throught, but if you pass this "barrier" you wont be able to get out your weapons or maybe ot able to use them but your shield (so people outside the barrier cant shoot you). Then if you pass through the barrier again, you would be able to use your weapons again normally.

What do you think?

Tercero said:
Maybe there is a way to create "barriers" like the ones inside the game that doesnt allow you to go throught, but if you pass this "barrier" you wont be able to get out your weapons or maybe ot able to use them but your shield (so people outside the barrier cant shoot you). Then if you pass through the barrier again, you would be able to use your weapons again normally.

What do you think?

+1

I actually agree with giving a very weak weapon to new people. Even a staff would be okay (you can still get free staves, but you have to go to the Red Castle at the moment). The game wouldn't really become any more death matchy than it is now (I still don't understand why people think this is the case).

Sushiman said:
The point is, any idiot can come up and stab you, as soon as he's spawned. If you're about to finish mining 5000, that'd **** you off. If you've just finished buying the legend sword, and some guy walks up behind you, stabs you, and steals it from your corpse, that'd **** you off. If someone kills him, he doesn't have to buy anything, he can just come straight back, and do it again. And again. And again. And again. And again.

Any idiot can kick or punch you when you're about to finish mining 5000 and get the same effect. The heated argument which flooded this page of the thread is pointless, as well, because it really is nearly impossible for somebody to sneak up on you on top of Excalibur Tower; the ladder climbs exceptionally slowly, and you would notice the culprit riding up behind you. There's nowhere to hide up top to wait, either (not that anybody even has the patience for that).

Now that localized chat and name identification is in, the largest problem is indeed the complete helplessness of new players and the monotonous gold collecting exercise. On the 22nd server, I rarely collect gold at all. I just ride into battlefields, pick up some loot from the corpses, and ride off again before anybody realizes I was there. Looting the 5000 and 2000 gold chests and ore mines is tactically unsound, anyways, due to the risk of somebody attacking. I always go for the 200 and 500 chests because they go fast enough that I know I will make some money even if somebody bursts in and attacks me (I'm not even entirely sure that it's faster to take the 2000 and 5000, either, though I imagine it must be).

I feel like gaining money for being in a certain area instead of having to mine something would be better design, if it's possible.

um ok.. you took it a little too far wacko

1. who the hell said anything about the excalibre tower? he was making an example and
2. wtf are you talking about?? we are talking about knives, not what is the safest way to get gold. Point is that spawned players cant outride the bastards who ride coursers with chainmail and weapons so i want to give them a small chance to win rather than being so completely helpless

Make the spawn areas, armory, weapon storage like the castle in native, when you go in from town center, you have your weapons, when go in castle, you are unarmed.

Wasn't that hard to find an example  :grin:

I agree you need to start with a low level weapon, especially civilians and Brigands as they seemed to be targeted the most.

Civilians need to be able to choose between a knife(which does the most damage) a sickle(which attacks the fastest) a Staff(Which has the longest reach) or a bag of rocks (which really has the longest reach  :roll:) all the mentioned items do not do a whole lot of damage but are certainly better than fists.

Brigands need to start with a bag of low level throwing spears or axes or knives,and one that can both be thrown and used in melee with X key.

And while were on the topic something I have noticed is that brigands do not get the default items, even if you have a sumpter horse and the pitiful starting shoes selected on the inventory screen they will still start out without a horse and without shoes, maybe brigands could get the black Khergit boots as a default?

By and by though this is most certainly the most entertaining multiplayer mod out their  :shock:

Free knives are good. You can't block with them but if someone attacks you you can shank 'em.

MrShovelFace said:

1. who the hell said anything about the excalibre tower? he was making an example and
2. wtf are you talking about?? we are talking about knives, not what is the safest way to get gold. Point is that spawned players cant outride the bastards who ride coursers with chainmail and weapons so i want to give them a small chance to win rather than being so completely helpless

I guess you should reread the post a few more times before deciding that I'm saying crazy things that are completely off topic.

Also, my username is Grakelin, not wacko.

Grakelin said:
MrShovelFace said:

I guess you should reread the post a few more times before deciding that I'm saying crazy things that are completely off topic.

Also, my username is Grakelin, not wacko.

srys, was frustrated and took it out on you

Back
Top Bottom