Exporter For Blender 2.49b is released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Heya fellow craftsmen!

The long wait is over! The Blender Exporter is up for download in our downloads section, here:

http://www.taleworlds.com/warband/download

A few features of the newly released exporter include:

-Exporter file contains a script for exporting, two base projects and a readme file.

-Base projects have completely animated and rigged skeletons for humans and horses. Similar works can be done using those files.

-The Readme text has helpful information for starters.

Have fun with it!

I presume we'll be able to change horse skeleton's, right? Cause with the help of Open-BRF we could manage with custom human skeletons.

Now the LotR is not anymore an ideal but more close to us?
I assume one can create an orc or a goblin skeleton and put it in the MP Helms Deep Scene? :grin:

Looks like this is just an exporter for blender - it doesn't allow new functionality for modders as far as skeletons, since skeletons and animations have been able to be exported and imported into 3ds max for ages.

Oh and we've been able to do goblin skeletons and whatnot for quite a while too. (albeit with a few hacks)

Yeah, except custom horse skeletons. Also it'll be cool if we could add new bones, i.e. new limbs. For example creating a pegas with wings having animation.

Highelf said:
Looks like this is just an exporter for blender - it doesn't allow new functionality for modders as far as skeletons, since skeletons and animations have been able to be exported and imported into 3ds max for ages.

Oh and we've been able to do goblin skeletons and whatnot for quite a while too. (albeit with a few hacks)
I wonder, if our beloved developers really happen to be stuck far behind the modding curve :smile:
On the other hand, AFAIR they do have people now, whose job is mainly to peruse forums for new things. And general customer interaction. I wish they did more of the former

Highelf said:

Considering not everyone is rich enough to afford to spend 3000$ to get 3DS max, and that Blender not only is free and a continously updated open source software but is as powerfull and feature packed as 3DS max, having an official and working Blender exporter is a really great new as it should allow much more people to get into Talesworld games modding.

I wish more developers would support Blender by delivering such plugs in and export scripts.
Thank you Talesworld for supporting the Blender community with that exporter script.

Back
Top Bottom