[Europe 1805] Main Topic: General debate, feedback, DOWNLOAD and news.

What are your 2 favourite new units?

• Russian Dragoon

Votes: 69 19.0%
  • Swedish Dragoon

Votes: 75 20.7%
  • Danish Dragoon

Votes: 26 7.2%
  • Danish Grenadier

Votes: 52 14.3%
  • Norwegian Skier

Votes: 72 19.8%
  • Saxon Hussar

Votes: 45 12.4%
  • KGL Hussar

Votes: 61 16.8%
  • Moscow musketeer

Votes: 107 29.5%
  • Brandenburger Uhlan

Votes: 46 12.7%
  • Russian Hussar

Votes: 59 16.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes I am the modeler -_____-. Almost EVERY scene prop is done by me.

I actually don't understand your last sentence. Don't you want to work with us if we don't make new houses?

Btw, I don't know if I want this. This isn't high priority.
We will debate this any time soon :wink:. During christmas or before it. Do you want to join it?
Btw how's your modeling going?

Quintillius said:
Yes I am the modeler -_____-. Almost EVERY scene prop is done by me.

I actually don't understand your last sentence. Don't you want to work with us if we don't make new houses?

Btw, I don't know if I want this. This isn't high priority.
We will debate this any time soon :wink:. During christmas or before it. Do you want to join it?
Btw how's your modeling going?

Oh yeah that last sentence got ****ed up since i forgot to add a part of it, i was thinking of adding a rich people quarter to the cities so i wonder if you are gonna make some more fancy houses, or some poorer houses to make the contrast between rich and poor more clearer?

And to answer your last question, i don't modeling, i'm not that skilled with 3d editors, i only do scening.

Scening? But that's wonderful too =).
About modeling. You can learn it. Do you already have Wings3D? Did you already followed my tips?

I will send you an invite :wink:.

Quintillius said:
Scening? But that's wonderful too =).
About modeling. You can learn it. Do you already have Wings3D? Did you already followed my tips?

I will send you an invite :wink:.

Well i could try, haven't tried Wings3D, i tried to learn 3DSMax but that was way too hard for me.
And what kind of invite are you talking about?

TheJohan said:
Du använde säkert google translate  :wink:
Självklart, vi såg ju hur bra det gick för Quintillius.

Actually, it'd be rather cool if you could only buy officer and civilian uniforms. Cause thinking about it; why would you wanna wear soldier gear?
And you should only be able to buy like french uniforms in france, prussian in prussia etc. etc.

oh and last thing. When buying units from the majors, should the troops be factional. I can't really see why frenchmen would train Sicilian troops. And yes, the quantity of troops should be greater aswell.

Wow, I feel like such a punk demanding mods... Just like the ones I hate.. wonderful.

bjorne. said:
TheJohan said:
Du använde säkert google translate  :wink:
Självklart, vi såg ju hur bra det gick för Quintillius.

Actually, it'd be rather cool if you could only buy officer and civilian uniforms. Cause thinking about it; why would you wanna wear soldier gear?
And you should only be able to buy like french uniforms in france, prussian in prussia etc. etc.

oh and last thing. When buying units from the majors, should the troops be factional. I can't really see why frenchmen would train Sicilian troops. And yes, the quantity of troops should be greater aswell.

Wow, I feel like such a punk demanding mods... Just like the ones I hate.. wonderful.

yeah i agree, it's very annoying have to search in London or Madrid when searching for French uniforms.

It should refresh every 48 hours. However, not all troops are always available so probably you were just unlucky.

FAQ

-How do I install?
Extract the .zip into your mount and blade modules folder (there should already be a folder called 'native').

-What version should I download?
Depends on what you prefer. Version A has the native commands. Version B on the other hand has the Form Ranks! kit included. Some players love it, some hate it. For the next version I will include my adaptation of the form ranks kit which will better reflect Napoleonic tactics.

-How do the formations work?

Array(battle) assignment: Talk to NPCs in your party. You can see option "I'm planning to raise a new battle command...". By doing this you assign that NPC as the leader of your new array.
  Array(battle) men management: After assignning array, camp, in the menu click "Take an action". In the next menu you should see the option "Manage battle arrays". Click on it then you see the list of your battle arrays. Your main battle won't be listed here. Click on the array you want to assign men to, the next menu you should click "summon ** battle" to see the troop exchange window. In case you assign more troops than the sub-commander can lead, you can't navigate out of the menu.

Battlefield Controls: Also in the camp menu -> Take an action -> Formation Keys Configuration, you can set up your preferred keys. Here's a list of functions for all keys:
  • * Battle! (Default key '6' to '=', back slash and '1' for Everyone just as in Native) - Choose the Battle or all Battles as order listener. By holding 'ctrl' key you can select multiple Battles or unselect one from them.
  • Next/Previous formation (Default key 'y' and 'u') - to select formations
  • Stand closer/Spread out (Default key 'f8' and 'f9') - to order formations to change density
  • Hold this position (Default key 'f1') - to order formations move to player's position
  • Auto rotation (Default key 'g') - to toggle formations between keeping the same direction or always face enemies
  • Apply formation (Default key 'k') - to order Battles for the formation selected
  • Charge/Fall back/Halt (Default key 'b', 'm' and 'n' respectively) - to order formations to move in a certain speed. Pressed multiple times can accelerate the formations.
  • Tactical charge (Default key 'h') - to apply the built-in formation charge strategy for a Battle. Further explanation will follow.
  • Move forward/backward/left/right (Default arrow keys) - to move formaitons ten meters toward a direction.
  • Turn left/right (Default key comma and period) - to order formations to turn 15 degrees
  • Dismiss formation (Default key 'o') - to order battles dismiss formation and charge freely
  • View Order Panel (Default key 'x') - to bring up the order panel for formations

When you select the wedge formation you shouldn't change the density of the formation as this will make your troops run in different directions.

See also: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62492.0.html

-Why doesn't the AI use formations?
You can turn this on/off in the camp menu (where you can also change the controls for the form ranks kit.

-How can I recruit cavalry?
You can recruit them (and all other troops) from the Majors/Warrant officers/Quartermaster Sergeants/Bolukbashis in towns. Of course you will have to join their (or an allied) faction first.
It's still possible to recruit infantry in villages (for example when you're campaigning and far away from your reserves) but it is very expensive as you have to pay for their equipment.

-Why are troops so expensive?
If you are recruiting troops from villages like in native you will loose a lot of money. This is because you need to pay for their equipment. Better is to recruit them (and all other troops) from the Majors/Warrant officers/Quartermaster Sergeants/Bolukbashis in towns.
If you are having problems with the weekly wage, then I'm truly sorry but this is 1805, not 1200. Maintaining a professional army costs money, especially if you use cuirassiers or other expensive horsemen. Try joining a faction. You will then get a weekly wage depending on your merit.

-How do I use my bayonet?
The code for giving you a melee musket automatically isn't finished yet. For the time being you will have to equip a "broken musket" when you want to use your bayonet. The animation has been changed though, so switching between melee and ranged takes no time.

-I get a "unable to lock vertex buffer" error
If you get this error you should lower your graphical settings or battlesize.

-What are the ranks?
Depending on your merit (in native: renown) you will get a higher rank. If you join a country you will also get a weekly wage depending on you rank.

-What's up with the sieges? Sometimes I can attack immediatly, sometimes I have to wait for ages!
In 1805 many towns were no longer fortified. It is rather obvious that it doesn't take so long to enter an unfortified city. don't underestimate them though, intense streetfighting can be just as deadly as storming the walls.
Some places do are fortified, often very well too. It takes a long time to breach those walls.

-Shouldn't the muskets reload faster/be more accurate?
This mod aims at being as historically accurate as the m&b allows. Muskets where inaccurate and had a long relaoding time (not to speak of rifles). However, when I say historically accurate I mostly aim at having the correct balancing of troops and weapons. Therefor I made the effective range of all firearms a bit less to avoid that regulars can should from one side of the map to the other. To compensate for this I also increased the reloading time a bit.

-Weapon X is totally unrealistic!
No it isn't. Every weapon in the game did exist and the stats are so that they reflect the true nature of the weapon. Of course feedback on small inaccuracies is always welcome.

Add question:Whyz I can notz playz as japanz?
How come recruiting is so expensive?
How does the formations work?

Nice FAQ though.

bjorne. said:
Add question:Whyz I can notz playz as japanz?
How come recruiting is so expensive?
How does the formations work?

Nice FAQ though.

YEh1 i wanna play japnz, iwold pwn the rsuians

Back
Top Bottom