[Europe 1805] Main Topic: General debate, feedback, DOWNLOAD and news.

What are your 2 favourite new units?

• Russian Dragoon

Votes: 69 19.0%
  • Swedish Dragoon

Votes: 75 20.7%
  • Danish Dragoon

Votes: 26 7.2%
  • Danish Grenadier

Votes: 52 14.3%
  • Norwegian Skier

Votes: 72 19.8%
  • Saxon Hussar

Votes: 45 12.4%
  • KGL Hussar

Votes: 61 16.8%
  • Moscow musketeer

Votes: 107 29.5%
  • Brandenburger Uhlan

Votes: 46 12.7%
  • Russian Hussar

Votes: 59 16.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Berthout

Knight
This is the main topic for Europe 1805 - War of the Third Coalition, one of many mods on the Age of Blackpowder subforum.

The year is 1805. Realising that Britain will keep on supporting coalitions against France, Napoleon decides to tackle the problem at the root. Now Emperor he has brought together his Grande Armée in Boulogne, ready to set sail for England any time. But by crowning himself emperor Napoleon has provoked Russia and Austria, who are preparing to march on Paris from the east. It is in the summer of 1805 that you start. You just graduated from military academy and are ready to play a role in the upcoming conflict.

Features

- A full map of Europe with 20 playable nations:
* France
* United Kingdom
* Austria
* Ottoman Empire
* Prussia
* Russia
* Saxony
* Württemberg
* Nassau
* Hesse-Kassel
* Kingdom of Italy
* Batavian Republic
* Spain
* Portugal
* Bavaria
* Papal states
* Denmark
* Sweden
* Kingdoms of Napels and Sicily
* Serbian rebel state

- Historical weapons:
* 14 muskets
* 7 rifles
* 6 carbines
* 16 pistols
* 8 sabres
* 6 heavy cavalry swords
* 6 small swords
* and a lot more

-Historical clothes:
* About 90 uniforms
* 2 tricornes
* 10 bicornes
* 16 shakos
* 8 bearskins
* 6 tarletons
* 4 Colpacks
* 2 Czapkas
* a mitre
* 14 boots
* 4 empire styled dresses
* 3 forage caps
* 4 turbans
* and a lot more.

-More than 110 different historical troop types.
* Line Infantry
* Grenadiers
* Light Infantry (Finish Marksmen, Portuguese Cacadores, Prussian Jaegers, French Voltigeurs,...)
* Light Cavalry (British Light Dragoons, Hungarian Hussars, French Horse Chasseurs, Polish Uhlans, Cossacks, ...)
* Heavy Cavalry (Sicilian Dragoons, Austrian Kurassiers, British Heavy Dragoons, French Cuirassiers, ...)
* Special Regional Troops (British Highlanders, Tyrolean Jaegers, Kalmucks, ...)
* Mercenaries (Irish Line Infantry, Swiss Jaegers, Hessian Hussars, ...)
* Historical Rebels (Klepths, Irish peasants, Dervishes, ...)

-About 240 historical officers
* All names are from officers in command during 1805.
* As much as possible they command the type of unit they commanded in real life.
* Some even have unique matching faces!

-No longer do all parties have the same troop composition. There are several options:
* Mixed army
* Only Infantry
* Only Grenadiers/Elite infantry
* Only Light Cavalry
* Only Heavy cavalry
* Only regional troops

-16 different historical horse breeds (Don, Hunter, Arabian, Hanoverian, Lipizzaner, Holsteiner, Percheron, ...)

-Unique lootable items (Wellies, Napoleon's boots, Murat's uniform, Marengo, ...)

-Formations! (You can chose between native and Form Ranks! from Foxyman)

-Duels (With pistols, small swords, dagger and rapier, sabres or sabres on horseback)

-New Napoleonic scenes
* New 18/19th century houses, churches, ...
* New textures for native houses.
* Siege a fortress or storm the barricades of a town.

-Random events to give the feeling of the era.

-A brand new war/peace system.
* When the game starts diplomatic relations are as they where on August 5th, 1805. What happens afterwards, nobody knows.
* Countries are either part of the 3th coalition against France, a French Ally or Neutral.
* French Vassal states will always stay allied with France but all other states can join or leave the coalition/France's allies. They can even change sides!
* It's not all about France, other states, often neutral ones, can have totally unrelated conflicts.

-New system of recruiting
* Join a country, go to the warrant officer/Major/... in towns and ask for reinforcements.
* You can also get reinforcements from allied countries.
* If you do run out of troops you can always recruit from villages, but be aware that you will have to pay for their equipment too.

-Military Ranks (with corresponding wages) depending on your merit

More info:
Faction and Unit overview.
More info on the melee aspect.
More info on some of the included firearms.
More info on the ranks.

Download
Version 0.9A Beta: (Easier to control but no formations.)
Version 1.0B Beta: (A bit harder but with formations.) Recommended

Also, don't forget to read the FAQ!

!!!This is for M&B, not Warband!!!

Screenshots
Click here

Banners
Feel free to use these:

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,124342.0.html][IMG]http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/5849/banner2l.png[/IMG][/url]

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,124342.0.html][IMG]http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/3388/banner1i.png[/IMG][/url]

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,124342.0.html][IMG]http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/2831/banner2f.png[/IMG][/url]

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,124342.0.html][IMG]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8384/banner3zg.png[/IMG][/url]

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,124342.0.html][IMG]http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2010/10/02/1286025277-120.png[/IMG][/url]
[/quote]

Credits
The team:
Berthout, coding, modeling/texturing and scene making.
Quintillius, scene making, some modeling/texturing.
Yeo, scene making.
TheJohan, scene making.

A big 'thank you' goes to:
Bjorne, for starting AoB, many items, some animations, the musket sounds and a lot more;
Venitius, JDeNef13 and Thufir, for many items and uniforms from their add-ons;

Cruger, for some bits of code from Europe 1200;
andeg, for his map of Europe;
Foxyman, for his Form Ranks! kit;
MartinF, for the Duel kit;
Lyx, for his random events code;
obywatel, for the old map sheets textures;
PsykoOps, for the minimalistic hud crosshairs;

Dain Ironfoot, for the OSP: 18th century uniforms;
Shredzorz, for some firearms;
Mayhem, for the French Shakos;
Luigi, RR_Raptor65, James, The Pope and Bismark, for the OSP weapons;
wildhorse, for the OSP horse textures;
Nikephoros, for the Dragoon Helmet;

Old Polls
Version A 5 (16.7%)
Version B (with Form Ranks kit) 21 (70%)
Both 4 (13.3%)
Total Members Voted: 30

Line infantry (Musket and bayonet)    9 (18.4%)
Light Infantry (Rifle and infantry sword)    8 (16.3%)
Infantry Officer (Pistol and infantry sword)    10 (20.4%)
Hussar (Sabre, pistol and light cavalry horse)    3 (6.1%)
Dragoon (Sword, carbine/musketoon and heavy cavalry horse)    5 (10.2%)
Cuirassier/Heavy Cavalry (Sword, pistol and heavy cavalry horse)    8 (16.3%)
Lancer (Lance and light cavalry horse)    4 (8.2%)
Horse Chasseur/jaeger (Sabre, Carbine/musketoon and light cavalry horse)    2 (4.1%)
Kalmuck (Sabre, bow and arrows and horse)    0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

France    21 (14.2%)
United Kingdom    28 (18.9%)
Austrian Empire    12 (8.1%)
Ottoman Empire    8 (5.4%)
Prussia    20 (13.5%)
Russian Empire    10 (6.8%)
Saxony    1 (0.7%)
Württemberg    3 (2%)
Nassau    1 (0.7%)
Hesse-Kassel    1 (0.7%)
Kingdom of Italy    4 (2.7%)
Batavian Republic    3 (2%)
Spain    6 (4.1%)
Portugal    0 (0%)
Bavaria    0 (0%)
Papal States    4 (2.7%)
Denmark    9 (6.1%)
Sweden    9 (6.1%)
Serbian Rebel state    4 (2.7%)
Kingdoms of Napels and Sicily    4 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Highlanders (UK)    11 (29.7%)
Dismounted Dragoons (FR)    8 (21.6%)
Cacadores (PT)    3 (8.1%)
Finnish Marksmen (SV)    5 (13.5%)
Tyrolean Jaegers (AT)    4 (10.8%)
Janissaries (TU)    4 (10.8%)
Kalmucks (RU)    2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Sabre    0 (0%)
Sailors Sabre    0 (0%)
Scimitar (Ottoman)    1 (3.7%)
1796 Light Cavalry Sabre (British)    4 (14.8%)
Blucher (Prussian)    0 (0%)
An IX Light Cavalry Sabre (French)    5 (18.5%)
Szabla    3 (11.1%)
Russian Sabre    0 (0%)
An IV Dragoon Sword (French)    3 (11.1%)
1796 Heavy Cavalry Sabre (British)    2 (7.4%)
An IX Heavy Cavalry Sword (French)    2 (7.4%)
1790 Pallash (Prussian)    1 (3.7%)
1803 Heavy Cavalry Broad Sword (Austrian)    1 (3.7%)
Rapier    0 (0%) Small Sword    0 (0%)
1796 Officer Sword (British)    2 (7.4%)
Infantry Sword    1 (3.7%)
Briquet Sabre (French)    0 (0%)
Yataghan (Ottoman)    2 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 27

30 French Cuirassiers, on flat terrain.    14 (43.8%)
50 Russian Grenadiers, waiting around the corner during a siege.    5 (15.6%)
40 Tyrolean Jaegers, on mountainous terrain.    2 (6.3%)
400 Dervishes, on slightly hilly terrain.    2 (6.3%)
40 Polish Uhlans, on flat terrain.    6 (18.8%)
50 British Rifles, on slightly hilly terrain.    0 (0%)
Other..    3 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 32

boogie85 said:
looks good! I suppose Nassau is something like the Netherlands.. At least, I hope so:smile:

Good Luck!
Indeed, they are. Nassau Grenadiers were elites in the Dutch-Belgian army. They look as impressive as the French Old Guard IMO.

JDeNef13

Venitius said:
Good luck Berthout!

Thanks!

bjorne. said:
looks nice
but how do you plan to inplant form ranks?

I'm not all to good with coding and the form ranks code is way out of my league, but the intention is to alter the following things:

- Make squares more compact and unmovable. Right now when you order them to form square it's a rather loose formation so you have to order them to stand closer. Something that just makes command more complicated.
-Alter the AI so that enemy and allied AI responds to cavalry by forming squares with their infantry.
-Let the AI make multiple formations and not just 1 with infantry and 1 with cavalry.

I have been thinking about other things as making the AI use cavalry as back up instead of charging right away, or simplifying the commands. However, as I said I'm not all to good with code and doing the above things is already hard enough.
So far I only implemented the normal form ranks kit and tried playing around with it a bit.

JDeNef13 said:
boogie85 said:
looks good! I suppose Nassau is something like the Netherlands.. At least, I hope so:smile:

Good Luck!
Indeed, they are. Nassau Grenadiers were elites in the Dutch-Belgian army. They look as impressive as the French Old Guard IMO.

JDeNef13

In 1805 Nassau was still one of many German states. Two in fact, if I'm not mistaken napoleon united them into one principality in 1806. But for the sake of simplicity I already consider them as one.

I do have the Batavian Republic included, which is in fact the Netherlands. As troops they have recruits, regulars, grenadiers and dragoons. I implemented them a few days ago. (Still working on their cities though.) Nassau for now only has recruits, regulars and regulars* (Most troops have a more experienced * version).

Small update: I found a way of dealing with the whole 'Britain being an island and thus being protected from the French while still having a rather weak army' thingy. The solution includes a new naval scene and a very happy Horatio Nelson.  :wink:

Confederation of the Rhine's what you're looking for, but that came in 1806 (ouch).

Also, are you thinking of including Hanover? The King's German Legion was in British service at the time, though I think there were Hanoverian units raised by the French after the dissolution of Hanover.

Can you tell us what troops we'll see in the mod? The screenshots made me curious.

Something else: will there be music fitting the time period? I'm sick hearing the regular soundtrack of M&B. :smile:

JDeNef13

Venitius said:
Confederation of the Rhine's what you're looking for, but that came in 1806 (ouch).

Also, are you thinking of including Hanover? The King's German Legion was in British service at the time, though I think there were Hanoverian units raised by the French after the dissolution of Hanover.

The Nassau states where part of the confederation of the Rhine indeed. But first as separate duchies, afterwards as a principality.
The nice thing about not having the confederation of the Rhine yet is that now you have all those small German states. Personally I like it a lot when there are both small and big states to play with.

Hannover won't be an independent state as it was ruled by the French at the time. I do have included them on the map though and there are KGL hussars fighting for the British.

JDeNef13 said:
Can you tell us what troops we'll see in the mod? The screenshots made me curious.

Something else: will there be music fitting the time period? I'm sick hearing the regular soundtrack of M&B. :smile:

JDeNef13

The way I'm doing it is that every state has a normal infantry line. Then depending on how big they are (or how much time I'm willing to spend on them) and what they used to be good at they can get light infantry, hussars, lancers, cuirassiers and/or dragoons. Some also get special regional troops (Cossacks for the Russians, Tyrolean Jaegers for Austria, Highlanders for Britain,...).

About the music: Yes it will! I did some research and I found a nice collection of music which was popular in those days. The biggest challenge was to get enough which was recorded before 1960 (copyrights). Haven't implemented the music yet though.

Feragorn said:
Does I see a Shashka in that store?

/jizz

Yeah, it's not new though. It comes from Bjorne's original AoB.

The new swords are the 1796 patter light cavalry sabre 1796 pattern heavy cavalry sword, An IV dragoon sword, An IX light cavalry sword, an IX heavy cavalry sword a british officers sword and a french Briquet sabre. I also have some other swords but they use models from the open source pack.

Venitius said:
Surely the Hungarians should play a big role in the Austrian army too?

I know. So far its limited though.
Their Hussars are Hungarian (best Hussars in the game).
Other regional troops for the Austrians are Polish Lancers and Tyrolean Jaegers.

Link to the Total War Center forum with the Uniform thread of Napoleonic troops. Excellent pictures of all kinds of troops from the Napoleonic era and a great source!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=306393

JDeNef13

Do you already have the European map?

Btw, it would be very nice if you can choice for be the Faction leader in the beginning.
Would it possible to make the enemies more smarter. Example; they can use formations and
don't only charge. Let them stand on several places. The soldiers on a hill in a line and the cavalerie behind them.

Oh, and it would also be very nice if the enemies arent taking a city far in the land. Example The Netherlands are capturing Marseille. This is so... fake.

Back
Top Bottom