OSP 3D Art Eastern items OSP [Updated to v1.5]

Users who are viewing this thread

Njunja said:
Artyem said:
These are amazing, but one of the files is corrupt, and this is EXACTLY what I need, just my luck.

I just downloaded the pack myself... there IS one corrupt dds, uploading again. Thanks for the feedback. Sorry guys.

The mirror works fine, I got it and it works great. Love the new items!

You should do some OSP Roman equipment. I would do it myself if I had some more experience with texturing and rigging.

I'd be happy to help you with it if you took it on though.

Artyem said:
You should do some OSP Roman equipment. I would do it myself if I had some more experience with texturing and rigging.

I'd be happy to help you with it if you took it on though.

I would help you... but I'm experienced in texturing only... I worked on some meshes also but I can't say I'm experienced enough to start on an items pack from scratch, making new models... especially rigging. Sorry.

I would be glad to help with textures.  :grin:

Artyem said:
Awesome, so we should somehow make a true OSP Roman Equipment pack?

I think that is the idea. I will try myself with some models first(which don't need rigging... shields, weapons, helmets).
I think I will be able to do this. And of course... textures. I'll notify you about my progress... starting tomorrow.  :grin: 

I'll get some sword and stuff done tomorrow too :razz:

im not the best at modelling but I get the work done.

Hopefully we can find someone to rig for us :razz:

Thanks again for making these Njunja and glad to see your are releasing them as an OSP. As far as I'm concerned, they do more good being released to the public than stuck up in my (yet unreleased) mod. Keep it up!

A lot of nice armors/horses here! :grin:

Just some things. You should use mipmaps on all the textures in this pack, especially those who have chain mail. You should also compress the files with dxt1 instead of dxt5, to increase performance. And another thing; you have used a 2048x2048 texture sheet on only one shield, the texture of the shield then has a size of 4MB(which is ridiculously high for a shield). You could at least go down to 1024x1024 without noticing much difference on the quality, though if you look at the native shields, they have like 8 shields spread over one 1024x1024 sheet, but I'm not sure if it loses much quality of you go down to 512x512 or 768x768.

Back
Top Bottom