WB Port didn't turn out as planned...

Users who are viewing this thread

kakihara0513 said:
Evilknightz said:
Death3ye said:
Good deal. I purchased it for the full price. :sad:
Full price is better than buying it on steam, even if it was 95% off, trust me.

I vehemently disagree.
You obviously have never had all your saves for Dragon age, warband, baldurs gate, mass effect, TF2 achievements, half-life 2 mods deleted off your steam account. Steam is a terrifyingly horrible evil thing.

Evilknightz said:
kakihara0513 said:
Evilknightz said:
Death3ye said:
Good deal. I purchased it for the full price. :sad:
Full price is better than buying it on steam, even if it was 95% off, trust me.

I vehemently disagree.
You obviously have never had all your saves for Dragon age, warband, baldurs gate, mass effect, TF2 achievements, half-life 2 mods deleted off your steam account. Steam is a terrifyingly horrible evil thing.

You're right.  I've only had good things since half a year after its birth.

Yo BP

Is there anything you are quite excited about/annoyed by in porting the game from Vanilla to WB? Any features of WB you feel will lead to something interesting and new for the Mod's gameplay?

I remember you said the ability for an equippable item to have multiple 'states' was something you were looking forward to, I believe an example was so you could use the Dragonslayer as both a shield and a weapon.

Well the dragonslayer will block-crush and knockdown now.  So that is awesome.  Might not have to monkey around with trying to stop the bots from blocking anymore.  This also allows me to tweak boss weapons so that they CAN block the dragonslayer.

Right now having a hell of a time getting the bloody map to load keeps CTD :mad:.  I cut formations, extra arrays, and spearwall from the first port.  But so far everything is compiled properly.  I am a little worried that the scenes might not be fully compatible but haven't had a chance to test.

There is a new operation that allows me to make proper grenades for Gutts(check the 1866 mod to see a good example).  I might be able to clean up the cannon script too.

Evilknightz said:

And how did that happen?

More like your own fault or something, because Steam will never do such thing.

Synelor said:
Evilknightz said:

And how did that happen?

More like your own fault or something, because Steam will never do such thing.
They do it all the time
to tons of people.
It happens from internet spikes. If your internet shuts down in a way they deem suspicious, they might delete all your saves. If it happens again? Goodbye 200$ worth of games. Happened to me.

Evilknightz said:
They do it all the time
to tons of people.
It happens from internet spikes. If your internet shuts down in a way they deem suspicious, they might delete all your saves. If it happens again? Goodbye 200$ worth of games. Happened to me.

Not THEY, but YOU. It's your internet what shuts down and causes this.

Dude, settle down.
I've heard a bunch of people complain about Steam for all sorts of reasons, there's no need to spring to it's defense when someone has had problems with it.

Awesome news. I haven't really got to try out Warband, so this will give me a definitive chance for Warband with this port.

I know this is a bit taboo, but how long will it take to port to WB? I have no idea about modding so I was just wondering how complicated or simple it is to port?

Edit: Will you be adding polished landscapes?

No PL please. And the amount of time can range from 1 to 2 years or more.

Or less in some cases, but since you have to redo the majority of the codes (if not all of them) it can take quite a long time for a complicated mod.

PL isn't really fit for this mod i think. and a 1 to 2 years for a port ? well not quite sure about that but i maneged to start Revenge of the Berserk even without the module system in WB so a port should be way faster. and no my "port" wasn't playable :wink: but i managed to get in the main menu.

Back
Top Bottom