Jail Break Confusion

Users who are viewing this thread

Killem

Regular
So I tried to jail break a guy out of prison. Shamara castle, I believe. I sneak in, talk the the guard, fight and kill him and then the other guards and then nothing. I can't tab out, I can't open the prison door, nothing. I have to walk to the edge of the map to leave. Am I doing something wrong or what?

Who "died"? I only killed the Prison Guard and other guards. Then no messages, no lord to rescue.

I think that you should've talked to the prison guard first, try to tell him to open the door/bribe him with 100 denars or something.

Anyways, I think that you can do that now, because I think all the castle guards/personell are reset when you exit the scene.

Yeah I bribed the guard, talked to the prisoner, told him I was freeing him and he said I needed the key. So I went out, talked to the guard, "Force him to give me the key" fought all the guards and then nothing.

Here's some screenshots to show what happens.
mb6.jpg

I got to the castle

mb7.jpg

I talk to and bribe the guard.

mb8.jpg

Talk to the prisoner, he says I need the key.

mb9.jpg

So I go out and talk to the guard.

mb10.jpg

Try and get the keys

mb11.jpg

Prison guard killed

mb12.jpg

The other guards attack, though 2 of them are on my side for whatever reason... They get killed immediately.

mb13.jpg

Killed all the guards. And nothing... No prisoner, no messages, can't tab out, nothing. I have to walk to the end of the map to leave. And it all resets.

Hmm, well if the lord you where trying to rescue get unkoncioned by guards then you can't take him out of the prison, he needs to follow you to the exit of the city and you need to defend him against guard..then when you two together reach the city gates (with all guards unconcioned) then he is rescued!
woooh

Yeah I just did it in another city and it went fine. The problem is that once I defeat the first guards, I can't be back into the prison. Does this quest work in castles, or only citys?

I just realized that its almost as if theres no door for the dungeon. The only way in is to talk to the guard.

I know, and I did that when I freed a guard from a city. But after I take the key from the guard, theres no way to go talk to the prisoner. Theres not door.

try while you are still inside the prison cell, after he tells you that you will need the keys from the guard,talk to him again and try telling him to follow you. If you dont have that option, go outside, then talk to the guard again and ask him to go inside again. Than you tell him to follow you...try different combination, i know i had the same problem in native and it worked out somehow..it is native thing by the way

I don't think so because I did this in native fine. Also, all other castles/city's work fine, its just this one.

Killem said:
I don't think so because I did this in native fine. Also, all other castles/city's work fine, its just this one.
hmmm..have you tried going in nearby village and convincing the village elder to bur their crops so you could infiltrate the castle and rescue him..i'm running out of ideas...

Oh I see the problem. See if you bribe the guard he won't give you the key he'll just let you in. You gotta kill the guard to get the key and then talk to the guy and say stay behind me or whatever and fight your way out. I believe that is it.

It only works for me when I kill the guard.

Back
Top Bottom