The Rise of The Khergits AAR

Users who are viewing this thread

FalseRomeo

Veteran
Chapter One : The  Start of Change

My father was a great warrior of the useugi clan,my mother was a spoil of war,they grew to love each other and i came into this world, they say when i was born the sky turned black , a omen that i would be great or terrible. Growing up on the steppe was tough, learning to fend for my own at a early age and to steal food from the khan's tent that would be my downfall.The khan bedridden saw me enter his yurt, yelled for his guards before i had chance to consolidate myself,betraying our khan was my crime and death would be my result.My father angered charged for the guards
attacking them, he was quickly beat down but the distraction was all my mother needed. She cut the rope binding my hands and together we ran. We ran towards the horse meadows, as we climbed onto my father's horse i glanced back towards home and was sure i caught a glimpse of my father being cut down.we rode all night stopping only at a watering hole, as i sat and pondered the great sky my mother cried.Many years we travelled the steppes as i learnt to become a man, i learnt the way of grass and desert and i looked for great wisdom everywhere, as i started to grow older i became skilled with a bow and became quite a hunter, during my 19th yearof life, great tradgedy struck, my mother old and weak died and my life became lonely.A outcast to the world and myself.
It was in my solitude that i heard of a land ruled by many kings and many different lords, Calradia, they also had a khan there, the khergits there clan,i would travel to this land and enroll into his clan, a warrior i would be.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I hid amongst a caravan bound for Tulga,a city in calradia, over the great hills i came and my first look across calradia was that it looked alot like my steppes.The grass or lack of it was the same, the sky was the same , even the air tasted the same.
The great sky gods must have been angered at my stealing or khergits dont like outsiders, as i awoke to warmth of a fire and found my self inside walls of wood,it was like a yurt made of wood, i felt around the walls trying to come to terms with what i was in , "ah your awake". The voice took me by suprise and i grasp for my arrows to find nothing."your equipment's in there, i found you knocked out a bandit running away with your denar" i looked with curiosity i have never seen a such a sight
this man was not dressed like a traditional steppe person,he had a yurt of wood,a fire inside and i was halfed clothed.Calradia is a strange place. "do you not speak Calradian?"he said,"me henry,merchant"he pointed to himself"this House" he pointed around us.Anger rose inside me
"do not speak to me like i am some animal".He stepped back shocked "where am i and who are you i!" i shouted as i stepped towards him. "my name is henry a merchant of tulga,this is my house, i saved you from that thief who attacked you " he mumbled and stuttered, I calmed, and spoke to him softly not to try and futher alarm him.We talked for hours as he explained calradia,tulga,the khergits and the thief who attacked me.The khergits a clan who have settled and built cities,towns and houses, calradia a land divided by swadians,rhodoks nords,vaegirs ,khergits and sarranids, although i only knew about the khergits,i understood that calradia was vast dangerous place, entreched in war. he told me about the thiefs and bandits that roamed Tulga, asked me to help, i endebted to him agreed.He handed me a bag, full of silver circles denars, he told me this was money, this pay for food, arms ,horses and other trinkets of value.i would explore out of tulga looking for me, for my steppe people to help me fight a band of vagabonds and rescue the merchants brother like he rescued me.

Five men heard my call,they wer'nt even armed properly, a spear was the best weapon one had but they would have to do, on the return to Tulga, i came across a caravan all its people dead, face down in the dirt , it was not a pleasent sight one of my new warriors nearly fainted, searching the chests that lay next to the dead horse i found furs and meats, i told my men to look for anything of worth ,
this was their first payment.A couple more hours ride and the city of Tulga's towers rose above the sky , only another hour till we get there, Tuul a man named after the stream that ran beside his village shouted and pointed,i followed his finger and my eyes began to rest on a dust cloud
rising from the earth, A great army was marching, Sanjar Khan i heard the men say, Khan of the Khergit Khanate, i would like to meet this khan and offer my services but surely a commoner would be killed for such matter and i outcast would suffer worse.
i searched the markets to find henry but to no avail, i found Tuul selling some fur he had found at the caravan he suggested that i sell my furs too, i recieved 641 denars for the furs and i used this money to buy a scimitar, my first sword from calradia.Tuul once again suggested that i  search for Henry inside the tavern a place where the drink recides.Inside the tavern i found mercenarys,slave drivers,travellers, a army reformer by the name of Lezalit and Henry,sat by himself near the back of the tavern.He told me the man i was looking for was named Saran, a bandit leader.
i would convince him to tell me the whereabouts of the Merchants brother.

Saran did'nt last very long, neither did his band of warriors, they fell at 50 yards from a hail of arrows, Saran luckily still alive told us where we could find their hideout and the brother. Just before i let him breathe his last breath i told him my name so he  could tell the Sky Gods who sent him and with that my scimitar tasted its first blood.Temujin was the last word uttered to him.

The bandit den was'nt far from Dusturil, amongst the forest that covered half the town, we crept in silenty,our supplies and horses left under the guard
of one man in Dusturil.I could hear their laughter half a mile away, as we got closer i could hear their voices, telling of their exploits,how many children
then have made fatherless,how many men they have killed and how many women they have raped.A arrow struck one in the throat, our suprise attack launched
they didnt put up much of a fight, 6 dead to my arrows,four to my men.There was one casualty to this fight, my left eye, a bastard threw a stone at me
as i charged him, luckily my men reached him first or i would cut him many times.As we digged through the spoils of war i could here a faint cry, inside one of
the caves i found a man chained to the floor,he told me he was a wealthy merchants brother and he would pay me for his release, i laughed at him and said
"your brother is not wealthy" and with that i cut him free, gave him a horse to ride as we journeyed back to Tulga.
215 denars i recieved for my loot,and to the taverned i turned ,to buy a drink for my warriors and to return the favor to Henry,Merchant of Tulga.

Over joyedby his brother's return henry did'nt speak to me for some while.I turned to leave but before i reached the door he ran over and thrust a bag of
silvers into my hand, and thanked me four times for saving his brother,i told him i owed it him and tried to walk out,but he grabbed me again,there
is one more thing i need of you friend.The fight did not come without consquence,twenty bandits inside the city died,but nine townsmen were injured and one dead hit by a rogue arrow.The captain of the guard who was taking bribes of bandits now locked in Henry's back room. i decided i had enough of the troubles in Tulga, Took my last payment of Henry and bid him farewell as my adventure into calradia continues.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ok so this AAR is basicly a rip-off of the Genghis Khan story but (here's the exciting part) set in calradia, i dont think i have read too many or atleast one AAR about the khergits probably because they kind of suck but thats what Temujin has to offer.Im playing normal everything with a battle size of 150, i dont have much to do in life at them moment  :grin: so updates will probably be frequent and any critism or advice would be good.

The Useugi Clan is from medieval Japan, not from Genghis Khan lore.

JAPANESE CLANS

FAMILY SHIMAZU
The Shimazu family is a family of daimyos which reigned on the Satsuma stronghold, in the provinces of Osumi and Hyuga. The capital of the family was the town of Kagoshima. In 1600, the clan took part in the camp of the losers in the battle of Sekigahara.
Chief: Shimazu Takahisa
The Shimazu clan is specialized in the forging mill of sharp weapons of exception in particular the katanas and the tachis. All samouraï equipped with these weapons will have a stronger attack.

FAMILY OF IMAGAWA
The Imagawa family is a Japanese clan founded by Kuniuji Imagawa. After the death of Yoshimoto to the battle of Okehazama in 1560, much from officers of Imagawa passed to other clans. One decade later the clan had lost all his grounds with the profit of the clans of Tokugawa and Takeda.
Chief: Imagawa Yoshimoto
The Imagawa clan is located in areas in which the ninja’s families have a great influence. He thus profits from archers more trained in the handling of the katana as well as better ninjas.

FAMILY OF THE MORI
The Mori clan is a Japanese clan which goes down from Oe No Hiromoto and which A establishes its capacity in the province of Aki. After many conquests, the Mori clan asserted itself like one of the most powerful clans of Japan. The clan had armed one with the most important armies of the battle of Sekigahara (15000 men), however this army was committed in the camp of the losers. After this battle, the clan lost three of the provinces which it controlled and due to move its capital of Hiroshima with Hagi. It remained with the clan only the province of Suo and the province of Nagato. After the abolition of the feudal system, at the time of the Meiji revolution, the Mori clan became a line of dukes.
Chief: Mori Motonari
The Mori clan is based in provinces where Buddhism is very established; it thus has monks’ combatants (Sohei) of exception. The exceptional handling of the naginata by these monks pushed Daimyos Mori to create a new class of samouraïs handling this weapon.

FAMILY OF THE ODA
The Oda clan was one of the most powerful clans of daimyo of the era Sengoku (XIVe century) in Japan. Nobunaga Oda is the largest representative of this clan. This clan (thanks to Nobunaga Oda) was one of the persons in charge for the unification of Japan.
Chief: Oda Nobunaga
The Oda clan, established in the area of Kyoto forms samouraïs equipped with a honesty without fault. Moral their troop is higher.

FAMILY OF THE HOJO
The Hojo clan is a family of samouraïs which dominated the policy of Japan during the Kamakura period.
Descendants of the clan Taira, they took their name of the small town of Hojo, in the province of Izu. When in 1180 Minamoto No Yoritomo, son-in-law of Tokimasa Hojo, then chief of the clan, leave his exile to fight to them Taira during the war of Gempei, Hojo line up on its side. After the death of Yoritomo, they are essential near the shoguns following as a shikken (regents), and dominate in fact the government of Japan.
Chief: Hojo Ujimasa
The Hojo clan, thanks to his many iron mines, has forging mills of better quality in the areas where it is established. That confers the advantage to him of having troops with better armours.

FAMILY OF THE TAKEDA
The Takeda clan was one of the many families of daimyo of the Sengoku period whose importance lies almost entirely in the power and the celebrity of Shingen Takeda. The name of Takeda is always a very widespread patronym, but it is very improbable that all those which currently bear this name go down from this noble house (several divisions of the family bear the name of Takeda). Harunobu Takeda, which will take later the name of Shingen, succeeds his/her Nobutora father in 1540, becoming lord of Kai and beginning a policy of expansion quickly. Even if it faces the clan Hojo a certain number of times, the majority of its expansion are made in direction north, where it carries out his more famous battles, Kenshin Uesugi counters.
Chief: Takeda Nobutora
The Takeda clan is famous for the speed, the number and the ferocity of his riders. They use the naginata like launches cavalry in a special unit.

FAMILY OF THE UESUGI
The Useugi clan is a former family of samuraï of Japan known for his influence for the Muromachi period and the Sengoku period. The clan was divided into 3 branches: Ogigayatsu, Inukake and Yamanouchi Uesugi. The clan is mainly known thanks to Kenshin Uesugi one of the most powerful daimyo of his time.
Chief: Uesugi Kenshin
The Uesugi clan is specialized in the handling of the Japanese arc. They profit from riders more powerful archers and more precis as well as monks combatants controlling the handling of the arc.

OTHER ASIAN FACTIONS

EMPIRE of ALTHAN KHAN
With the death of Altan Khan, its empire which extends neither from Koukou-nor to the large wall is not long in disintegrating in rival feudal fields. Late character of the economy, the absence of markets and exchanges between the various territories as well as the policy of Ming, which endeavour to divide feudal Mongolian, explains the failure of the restoration of the Mongolian empire.
Chief: Altan Khan says also Helatan Khan
The Empire of Altan Khan is the Mongolian empire of the time. They are the descendants of Gengis Khan. Composed only of riders, the army of this empire is fast and terribly effective remotely but also for harassing.

DYNASTY MING
The Ming dynasty was a line of emperors of China. It followed the Yuan dynasty and preceded the Qing dynasty and was rested by the family of Zhu; it y have 16 emperors during this dynasty. It was known as that China of the beginning of the Ming era was the most advanced country of the Earth.
Chief: Zhu Houzhao says Zhengde, the 10th emperor of Ming
The Ming dynasty benefits from the important Chinese population. Their troops are thus more numerous. In addition, Ming, controlling Tibet, profit from the powerful monks of the monastery of Shaolin.

i know but i was trying to create a real sounding clan name but cudnt think of any so i used that one,i was going to use his real clan name but couldnt effectively find it, i could change the name if you like though?

Back
Top Bottom