LOTR-Warband request and offering of help

Users who are viewing this thread

Barbutta

Recruit
I was wondering whether there'll ever be another LOTR mod for Warband, I'm DYING since I knew that there was one once but I wasn't in the psession of the old M&B, so please tell me.

And if somebody needs help with a mod, I might be able to assist with drawings for loading screens or similiar for menus (but keep in mind that I might live in another time zone)

Thanks alot, your Barbutta

:lol:

For what it's worth (probably not a whole lot) I'd be more than willing to help with research and writing and whatnot, those being the only applicable skills I posess.

What Amroth said. I may not be able to mod, but I do have a decent knowledge of the world Tolkein crafted, and thus would be able to help in research for the mod. I'm also half-way decent at writing, and would be more than happy to write up backstory, or quests, or character creation snippets and whatnot.

Well, I'd love to be part of a modding team that wants to make a Warband version of LOTR.

As I said, only thing I could help you with is drawings, be it for any screens, banners or even concept art, that would be very fortunate for me too because that could help me in college or at work.

Anybody knows good modders who are up for this project, as long as theres no other one in work of course xD

Interest would be appreciated

Your german dude

I really shouldn't be saying this but me and a mate are working on a Warband LoTR mod.
It's really, really, early stages yet but it is being developed.

However, I'm really only a coder,so there aren't any new models/textures yet.
But, if we do decide to stick it up here drawing for the loading screens as stuff would be good, I can draw, but only really natural forms and stuff!

Well I could give the Screens a try and show it to you, If you want me to of course, just need to tell me what you want it to look like.

I'm talking every screen that there is, I'd like to replace all of them in LOTR style.

I'd love to help! xD

Well it would be great to have some help!
My main concern currently is converting over to 1.125, I'll have a word with my mate later and see what he thinks, but I agree every screen LoTR style would be great!

Is it possible that you could get or draw a Rider of Rohan for the mods main image? instead of the default M&B warrior.

Yeah that would be great!

The idea is to follow the books but use the films for visual reference, so we'll use the films unless they conflict with the books in which case we'll follow the books.

Okay, I think I'm going to start tomorrow, today I need to apply for a job xD I t wont take that long though, the drawing.

i am working on another project, but the coding is starting to slow down.
I'd be happy to help code for you guys..
I freaking love LOTR, and would be stoked to be in on a project with that theme.

Awesome guys! If we do serripusly work on this together it might as well happen in the end!

What do you say uncles monkey?

"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

Ehem, I say to it!
My mate who is also working on it with me (another massive tolkien nerd, I think we've read LoTR about 12 times between us!) is coming over next week so we can start development then if I've got it all converted over.
I'll start converting today and hopefully it should be done by early next week!

P.S. Thanks for all the offers of support, we were a bit hesitant to post it on the forums untill we'd done pretty much everything we could do without a mod team, but heck, you guys asked for it :wink:

I don't have much skills in modeling or any visual artistry, however I can do some writing or research if you like.  I read a lot of Tolkien.

Back
Top Bottom