Poll: Do you want resource management?

Do you Want resource management?

• Rock, wood, and all the other goodies :)

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • No, I hate resource management.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Maybe a little bit, but something that doesn't require micro mangement.

Votes: 24 47.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

doc82nd

Sergeant
Hey everyone.
How do you guys feel about having resource management, like custom settelment mod in the game?

Umm...First of all, what are you talking about? Link to this 'Custom Settlements' mod...?

I am confused... :neutral:

EDIT: Nevermind. Just read up on Custom Settlements. Sounds VERY cool.

doc82nd said:
Hey everyone.
How do you guys feel about having resource management, like custom settelment mod in the game?

You might as well give a link to the mod doc82nd so people know what youre talking about lol.

I'll also add in my detailed desciption of how buildings & resources should work here too.

Villages
Each village should have:
• 1 mine
• 1 clay pit
• 1 quarry
• 1 lumber yard
All these resource fields will be visible when the player enters the village (place them in any logical location you want doc82nd). The resource fields will all be level 1 and the production rate will be X amount of resources at the end of each month.
When the player loots another village the player not only obtains loot but also obtains a *few* resources from that village.
I’m undecided on what to do for this part:
The player is able to go to the village upgrade menu and is be able to
Upgrade:
• Mine workers
• Clay workers
• Quarry workers
• Lumberjacks
(More workers will be visible and have better equipment & clothes, but the resource fields will look the same.)
Or
Upgrade:
• Mine
• Clay pit
• Quarry
• Lumber yard
(When the resource fields are upgraded they are visibly different in appearance but they have the same amount of workers)
These 2 are an option for your team doc82nd, I would say pick which ever you think is best or easiest.
There should be 5 upgrade levels for each resource field and each upgrade should not have a greatly larger difference to the output of resources since we don’t want the player to build all the buildings he wants early in the game.

Additionally you can add other resource fields that don’t specifically benefit the player, but the village and its output.
The resource fields that will affect the villages would be:
• Cattle farm(increase meat production)
• Sheep farm(increase wool(fabric) production
• Pig farm(increase meat production)
• Expand vegetable crops(assuming they already have vegetable crops this will increase their production of vegetable)
• Ranch for horses(this will increase their overall production)
When the player enters the village, these upgrades should also be visible.
To make the player use/pay attention and visit villages more often I think you should vastly increase the rate at which the army/ armies consume food so the player has to visit the villages more often so the resources the village produces doesn’t just go to waste.
Upgrading the villages not only costs money but will also cost X amount of resources.
As an additional note:
If you do decide to implement sea battles, you should move one village from each faction right next to the sea so a “Fishermans wharf/hut” is able to be built and produces fish. Since the desert factions don’t have an ocean at their convenience you should position one of their villages near an oasis and they can produce fish there.

Buildings
Garrisons are just garrisons; they shouldn’t have any major/many upgrades done to them. The upgrade options for a garrison should be:
• Upgrade wall (which makes the wall thicker/larger or different so sieges take longer)
• Build training field (inside the garrison to level up troops)
Both these upgrades should be visible.

Since cities are the heart of kingdoms the upgrade options for cities should be:
• Build armoury (since all that is in the cities at the moment are just basic stores. Building an armoury will increase the amount/quality/quantity of weapons and armour available, so at the start of the game, it’s impossible to win X amount of tournaments and then buy your favourite weapons ect, instead you have to upgrade the armoury!)
• Upgrade tavern(increase the bonus reputation you receive when you complete quests for the guild master)
• Upgrade wall (like in suggestion for garrisons)
• Build moat( if the city doesn’t already have a moat
• Build cathedral(I will go into further detail further along)
• Upgrade trade routes ( movement speed is increased within a certain radius of the city on the map)
All these will obviously cost resources and gold.
Cathedrals
I think that cathedrals should play a significant role in the mod. Like doc82nd suggested, he would like to implement religions in the game, so that got me thinking.
There can only be 1 cathedral for each faction (which should be located in the main city).
Cathedrals should cost allot of resources and time to build. When a cathedral is built you should be able to enter inside and it should be populated with people inside kneeling down behind benches facing their “god”. The “father” should be located at the end of the cathedral, through him you should be able to obtain important and interesting quests, relating to religion/religious beliefs.
As an additionally note, the quests the guild master gives should also be changed so the player actually has something different to do other than grinding 24/7.
Adding quests to the guild master and the “father” will make the game a hell of allot more interesting I would say.

Sorry I can’t really think of any new quests to throw in.

Delivering of resources
I’m not quite sure how the delivering of resources should work:
Instead of having to travel to and from villages collecting resources, your total collection of resources should be displayed in your camp reports menu and you can just travel to any village/garrison/city and the amount of resources that were displayed in your camp report can be used to upgrade what you want.
Or
Resources produced by villages should only go to the cities & garrisons they are closest to, or belong to and dump them there but at the same time, the villages keep a small amount of resources they produce so you can still upgrade the villages.
Or
You can choose where the resources get taken to and how much, this option can be accessed in the village menu  eg:
Transport how much of the resources produced:
• 1/4
• 2/4
• 3/4
• 4/4

Deliver resources to:
• Praven
• Tihir
ect

Uberschwein said:
I voted "no".
Shifts focus from all the boom-boom.
Are you saying you want to do the same thing over and over again?
Adding this feature will give the player more to do.

I voted "no" because never actually played custom settlement mod, always sound overdone for me.
Personally prefer changes done as part  of the in-game economy system, the extra buildings IMHO are good idea, but custom resources sounds little unnatural, i would like option to have some possibilities to significantly increase prosperity of own settlements after some serious investment, but hate idea of being forced to look after or micromanage resources, this is just no knight way of doing things :grin:.

Waldzios said:
I voted "no" because never actually played custom settlement mod, always sound overdone for me.
Personally prefer changes done as part  of the in-game economy system, the extra buildings IMHO are good idea, but custom resources sounds little unnatural, i would like option to have some possibilities to significantly increase prosperity of own settlements after some serious investment, but hate idea of being forced to look after or micromanage resources, this is just no knight way of doing things :grin:.

You dont have to...
this doesnt stop you from killing anything...

James380 said:
You dont have to...
this doesnt stop you from killing anything...

If im medieval lord, there is some possibility that i will want invest some spare coins into my lands prosperity (make some use of the heretic gold :smile:), but i will never care where the resources come from (im not some bloody pleb), if there is problem i will just hung some peasants :grin:.

Besides, what could be the reward for having a more prosperous village?
More raw recruits? Not worth it.
Bigger rents? Not worth it.
I agree with Waldzios, after building the mill, it would be cool to be able to further invest into the village's prosperity, but that's it. I'm not a Village Chief (nor a Guild Master, mind you). I'm a knight and I don't care what kind of axes my subjects use to chop the wood.

It would be nice to have some more options but not going as far as micro management. Although in the end I would also prefer micro management over no changes as the game can get repetitive over time which can be improved with more options to choose from and to upgrade.

Perhaps if we could make it both.....Automated and also if you wish customisable/Full control.....I think that would make everyone happy..
That's the vib I am getting from the poll results....Is that what you guys wish to see?

Billath said:
Perhaps if we could make it both.....Automated and also if you wish customisable/Full control.....I think that would make everyone happy..
That's the vib I am getting from the poll results....Is that what you guys wish to see?

Yes, probably best solution.

Back
Top Bottom