BUILDING SUGGESTIONS

Users who are viewing this thread

doc82nd

Sergeant
Hey all. I'm going to be implementing all new buildings and improvements. Suggestions and idears are of course wanted :smile:
tell me all that you want out of buildings you would want out of your own mod.
Thanks in advance,
Doc

Ok um...i think part of my suggestion i am going to give is in Custom settlements for M&B
I think that there should be more buildings and when you biuld the buildings they should have a noticable effect.
Plus to build a building it should require more than just gold, it shoudl require normal resources like, Wood, clay(for bricks), stone, metal.
To obtain clay, metal ect villages will already have a lumber yard, iron mine, clay pit & stone pit built in & you can upgrade them.
Buildings that i can think at the top of my head that can be built would be:
Villages: cattle farm, sheep farm, pig farm, expand vegetable crops ( these would increase thier productions so you would be able to buy more stuff or these could increase the villages profits)
Garrisons: Upgrade wall(so sieges take longer), training field(to level up troops)
Cities: build armory(increase amount of weapons and armour available), upgrade tavern(increase the bonus reputation you recive when you do quests for the guild master), upgrade wall, build moat, build cathedral(increase reputation), upgrade trade routes ( moevement speed is increased within a certain radius of the city on the map)

I think what i just gave sound like a bit much... but yeah, i think you get the jist of what i am talking about.

I might aswell add in that all these upgrades should be visible.

Hmm.... I'll have to take look and see if I can do resources in WB... That will be a lot of coding thats for sure.
As for the other buildings I think they would be a tremendous addition to the game.

Should I include religions and religious specific buildings?

EDIT:
Give me example stat bonuses you would expect to see as 'significant'

doc82nd said:
Hmm.... I'll have to take look and see if I can do resources in WB... That will be a lot of coding thats for sure.
As for the other buildings I think they would be a tremendous addition to the game.

EDIT:

while youre at it you might as well turn the religious factions into guilds and have indepth story lines like the warriors guild and mages guild in oblivion lol :razz:

anyways... yeah, you might as well add religions, but i have to admit, you havent finished off the new AOC yet and you are still asking for more lol.

anyways, heres the mod when i was talking about resources and buildings.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,122.0.html
You should get ideas off it.

Back on the topic of religion, i think developing the mod could get too complicated if you implement religion.
but my suggestion to religion would be:

There can only be 1 cathedral for each faction (which should be the main city).
When a cathedral is built you can enter it, and see people attending ect.
But to make it more interesting, the cathedral should have its own line of quests like the guild master has.
I forgot what quests the guild master gives since i never do them because of the petty rewards and the repetitiveness.
anyways...so yeah, you have to go to the...."father" and talk to him to obtain quests.
I cbf going into further details.
& you should also add new quests to the guild master too.

James380 said:
doc82nd said:

EDIT:

while youre at it you might as well turn the religious factions into guilds and have indepth story lines like the warriors guild and mages guild in oblivion lol :razz:

anyways... yeah, you might as well add religions, but i have to admit, you havent finished off the new AOC yet and you are still asking for more lol.

Back on the topic of religion, i think developing the mod could get too complicated if you implement religion.

But to make it more interesting, the cathedral should have its own line of quests like the guild master has.
I forgot what quests the guild master gives since i never do them because of the petty rewards and the repetitiveness.
anyways...so yeah, you have to go to the...."father" and talk to him to obtain quests.

I hink I agree with you on all accounts. It'll probably e a minute to do buildings, but  that gives me time to see if I can't port over resource management into the mod. Maybe I should take a poll and see if people want that feature..

Some kind of early factory? The first factory ever built was in the early 1200's, so it's not out of range.
Would it possible to code something that some buildings can only be built in towns/villages near the sea? In that case you could add port, dry dock, trading harbour and lighthouse.
A barracks in villages so that farmers can stand against raiding parties and perhaps even defeat smaller ones.
Warehouses that add more things you can buy from village elders.
Fishing wharf(Close to water again) that adds smoked fish that you can buy from villag elder.
Hospital so that villages recover faster from lootings and armies garrisoned there heals faster, also adds a little honour/reputation.
Maybe you could build some kind of monument? Say if a large fight, where you won with odds at medium/below, took place near a settlement, you could build a monument there, which would increase renown, honour, make the settlement happier and also adds a little more tax money. Of course this would be extremely costly, say up to 100,00 denars.
Also, on the religious buildings, maybe if you build a priest or something appears in the city/village that you can talk to, donate money to the temple, do quests and alike...

doc82nd said:
James380 said:
doc82nd said:

EDIT:

I hink I agree with you on all accounts. It'll probably e a minute to do buildings, but  that gives me time to see if I can't port over resource management into the mod. Maybe I should take a poll and see if people want that feature..

Ofcourse his method of making the mod work is a bit different and hard for the player to understand.
I'll write a more detailed descition of how i think the resources & buildings should work.

Villages
Each village should have:
• 1 mine
• 1 clay pit
• 1 quarry
• 1 lumber yard
All these resource fields will be visible when the player enters the village (place them in any logical location you want doc82nd). The resource fields will all be level 1 and the production rate will be X amount of resources at the end of each month.
When the player loots another village the player not only obtains loot but also obtains a *few* resources from that village.
I’m undecided on what to do for this part:
The player is able to go to the village upgrade menu and is be able to
Upgrade:
• Mine workers
• Clay workers
• Quarry workers
• Lumberjacks
(More workers will be visible and have better equipment & clothes, but the resource fields will look the same.)
Or
Upgrade:
• Mine
• Clay pit
• Quarry
• Lumber yard
(When the resource fields are upgraded they are visibly different in appearance but they have the same amount of workers)
These 2 are an option for your team doc82nd, I would say pick which ever you think is best or easiest.
There should be 5 upgrade levels for each resource field and each upgrade should not have a greatly larger difference to the output of resources since we don’t want the player to build all the buildings he wants early in the game.

Additionally you can add other resource fields that don’t specifically benefit the player, but the village and its output.
The resource fields that will affect the villages would be:
• Cattle farm(increase meat production)
• Sheep farm(increase wool(fabric) production
• Pig farm(increase meat production)
• Expand vegetable crops(assuming they already have vegetable crops this will increase their production of vegetable)
• Ranch for horses(this will increase their overall production)
When the player enters the village, these upgrades should also be visible.
To make the player use/pay attention and visit villages more often I think you should vastly increase the rate at which the army/ armies consume food so the player has to visit the villages more often so the resources the village produces doesn’t just go to waste.
Upgrading the villages not only costs money but will also cost X amount of resources.
As an additional note:
If you do decide to implement sea battles, you should move one village from each faction right next to the sea so a “Fishermans wharf/hut” is able to be built and produces fish. Since the desert factions don’t have an ocean at their convenience you should position one of their villages near an oasis and they can produce fish there.

Buildings
Garrisons are just garrisons; they shouldn’t have any major/many upgrades done to them. The upgrade options for a garrison should be:
• Upgrade wall (which makes the wall thicker/larger or different so sieges take longer)
• Build training field (inside the garrison to level up troops)
Both these upgrades should be visible.

Since cities are the heart of kingdoms the upgrade options for cities should be:
• Build armoury (since all that is in the cities at the moment are just basic stores. Building an armoury will increase the amount/quality/quantity of weapons and armour available, so at the start of the game, it’s impossible to win X amount of tournaments and then buy your favourite weapons ect, instead you have to upgrade the armoury!)
• Upgrade tavern(increase the bonus reputation you receive when you complete quests for the guild master)
• Upgrade wall (like in suggestion for garrisons)
• Build moat( if the city doesn’t already have a moat
• Build cathedral(I will go into further detail further along)
• Upgrade trade routes ( movement speed is increased within a certain radius of the city on the map)
All these will obviously cost resources and gold.
Cathedrals
I think that cathedrals should play a significant role in the mod. Like doc82nd suggested, he would like to implement religions in the game, so that got me thinking.
There can only be 1 cathedral for each faction (which should be located in the main city).
Cathedrals should cost allot of resources and time to build. When a cathedral is built you should be able to enter inside and it should be populated with people inside kneeling down behind benches facing their “god”. The “father” should be located at the end of the cathedral, through him you should be able to obtain important and interesting quests, relating to religion/religious beliefs.
As an additionally note, the quests the guild master gives should also be changed so the player actually has something different to do other than grinding 24/7.
Adding quests to the guild master and the “father” will make the game a hell of allot more interesting I would say.

Sorry I can’t really think of any new quests to throw in.

Delivering of resources
I’m not quite sure how the delivering of resources should work:
Instead of having to travel to and from villages collecting resources, your total collection of resources should be displayed in your camp reports menu and you can just travel to any village/garrison/city and the amount of resources that were displayed in your camp report can be used to upgrade what you want.
Or
Resources produced by villages should only go to the cities & garrisons they are closest to, or belong to and dump them there but at the same time, the villages keep a small amount of resources they produce so you can still upgrade the villages.
Or
You can choose where the resources get taken to and how much, this option can be accessed in the village menu  eg:
Transport how much of the resources produced:
• 1/4
• 2/4
• 3/4
• 4/4

Deliver resources to:
• Praven
• Tihir
ect

In addition to the awesome posts by James380  :mrgreen:

If you decide to revamp the siege battles, add a siege factory in there  :mrgreen:

EDIT: for me currently what I needed most is an armory to replenish ammos during sieges :razz:

baijiazi said:
In addition to the awesome posts by James380  :mrgreen:

If you decide to revamp the siege battles, add a siege factory in there  :mrgreen:

EDIT: for me currently what I needed most is an armory to replenish ammos during sieges :razz:

Thank you :smile:
& i like your suggestion too!

Its a shame some people feel as if implementing resource menagement is useless or annoying.
I think it will give the player the option to do something other than grinding 24/7.

James380 said:
Its a shame some people feel as if implementing resource menagement is useless or annoying.
I think it will give the player the option to do something other than grinding 24/7.

I'm not against expanding and upgrading  the system, just hate idea of  some fake and unnatural cover for build-in system :grin:.

There are already resources in game, the trade goods. Whole economy is based on their production, consumption and prices. Settlements prosperity depends of availability and prices of trade goods.
There is place for some mayor improvements, but no need for some extra custom resources.
IMHO there is many possible improvement options that can be added, for example to increase production of some goods, or to decrease their consumption and/or prices.

IMHO the better way is to make existing system better by expanding it , than covering it with some very simplified one, that can ruin the whole fun :grin:.

One of the ideas that could be implemented with resource management would be ammo
( I know Im repeating but thats the most impt thing to me in sieges :lol: :lol: )

We could put in a warehouse or drop in the chest in the castle/town....

Use the armory to convert them to arrows/ bullets / bolts whatever...

Say 100 resource convert to 100 ammo...
Wood for arrows / bolts
Metal for bullets

Which I think gives a balance as u wont get unlimited ammo.....
It get replenish after u finish the current stack and the new arrows will just be the normal +1 damage arrows...

Back
Top Bottom