Victory ! I Conquered The Map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Honestly, at everything set to max difficulty and battle size of 200, I'm piddling at day 880 because I don't want to curbstomp everyone this soon. I massacred the Swadians really early (Defected with Dhirim and a castle) and recruited half of their lords, and then beat the Sarranids back to one city. I am fully confident that I could have the map conquered by day 1100 or so if I threw my butt in gear.

On a related note, anyone have a mod that increases difficulty?

Limiting yourself can increase difficulty (aka no heavy cav or only a single factions troops etc).

One of the things I've been trying lately to really increase my difficulty is to play with odd set ups(see above). My most recent is Swadians without cav, this works more in some mods than others. I think the next thing to try will be Vaegirs with only archers.

BHunterSEAL said:
Feddgard said:
excelsias said:
Back on topic -- in EVERY game like Warband (for example, the total war series) -- I ALWAYS get to a point where I feel like I'm on the "downhill" path to winning.  Ie., you win the early battles, setup and defend, expand, and then finishing the game becomes a process of just rolling downhill, which isn't nearly as fun as the uphill climb.  As a result, I almost NEVER win these types of games or play them to completion - I always restart to get a different challenge going :smile:

I beat Total War: Medieval 2, longest downhill ever. It was sooooooo boooring, however i had told my friend that I should lay it all under England; and so I did. Worst piece of **** I have ever played (except for some History Chanel Civil War bull****) After you have taken out Scotland and France you are in no reel danger.

Sort of like in real life. M2TW is a fantastic game, play as someone not on an island and you're in for a different experience. Also bear in mind that you should be playing on at least Hard (if not very hard) for a good time. There are countless fantastic mods and some great gameplay mechanics... if you really feel this game was that bad I don't know what to tell you.

I loved Rome: Total War, there the factions had reel differences and battle was better. In Rome I and my enemy clashed together, usually in a strait line. In M2TW the enemy runs at me, and turn around, over and over and over again... And my game always crashed in battle against the Timurid, so I had to use auto battle, and that sucks. My friend shoved me Empire: Total War and there the line battles were more like line executions. Your enemy advances (never in a line), Get shot two times before they can shot back, but usually they retreats before that. And then comes the next group. He always ended up at a loss kill ratio at about 70-1200, defending or attacking, the same result. However, close combat was beautiful, so I'm hoping for a good Shogun 2.
But I give you one thing: yes, you are correct. It is Medieval 2: Total War and not Total War: Medieval 2, I stand corrected.

And back to topic:
I have never gotten further than day ~550, and taken a few castlels as a vasal. There is a lot of nasty rumoers of a byggy kingdom future. I also think the game needs more to if you are playing a solo game without an army.

666_ said:
I eliminated all factions and conquered the map.

Days 1013
Troops I killed 11049
Character level reached: 40

I had such fun doing it I'm going to import that character into a new game and do it all over again.

video or screenshot? ... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom