Victory ! I Conquered The Map.

Users who are viewing this thread

diavel said:
Kellick said:
Boduar said:
I think everyone needs to experience the fun of a 400+ battle size fight against a rhodoks castle filled with sharpshooters because who doesnt love those 100+ bolts flying in the air at the same time.

Well then something must not be working right because there should be several hundred more bolts in the air.
Submit a bug report.
No, no, he was right. When you fight in 400 battle size then against rhodoks there is exactly 113 bolts in the air. Yes, exactly that number.

Are you sure you accounted for all of them? I mean what if it was 114 or maybe only 112. Is it possible you might have missed a bolt or two?
I demand a recount! So you tell Bunduk to get out there and pick up all the bolts mister and have Arti count them again.

Please, could you put here some screenshots of map from won game? Iwould like to see it with my own eyes. Winning is such quite short time is a feat. But somehow I don't understand how you could reach 40 level after only about 1000 days in game. I am playing 1360 days and am at 33 level only. And I can't imagine myself attack any Rhodock castle with hero's damage at normal level and without using some cheats. :wink:

Rad said:
Winning is such quite short time is a feat. But somehow I don't understand how you could reach 40 level after only about 1000 days in game. I am playing 1360 days and am at 33 level only. :wink:

I'm level 31 and I'm at day 426. My companions are all at and around level 22.
1559 Renown (not more than 1 feast a week, else it feels like cheating), 116 Honour and 99 right to rule.

Got Dhirim for myself, with around 1000 soldiers, 80% top tier, the other 20% is just recruited. From Suno till Narra is for my vassals (yes, risky :razz:), 9 of them at the moment. All of them related within 2 families. Gonna add a third family soon, and some towns/castles.

Got 100k in the treasure and ~80k myself. During my own time as vassel I fought a lot (prisoners for denari) and during peace time (with either nords or vaegirs) I went Sea Raider and/or Tundra bandit hunting. At the start trading is good business. Once you get looting up and got the manpower to kill 30 raiders solo+companions your in for the money and renown, fast!

And I even used a few months to train low-tiers exclusively, 10 companions with each at least 2 trainer helps.

So, it's possible. Just make sure you got all the pieces together :smile:

P.S.
-Mods:Arena Overhaul, Better Banners, Historic Castles, More Metal Sounds, Reworked Armors and Morehorses+MoreWarhorses, Battlesizer, TweakMB*
-Difficulty:175%; Block/Attack by mouse, Couching Hard, Normal Damage, Good AI, Fastest Combat Speed, 300 Battle Size.
-Companions wear; gauntlets, plate armor+boots, winged helmet; use a siege crossbow, thick steel shield, Large bag of steel bolts, heavy military hammer and have a heavy hunter.

*Double arena xp, 5 relation with town, cattle whom follows, Changed my faction colours, +50% on all merchant $, 2x siege tower movement, increased reinforcement threshold to 10, increased manhunter party size (not seeing any of them anymore), increased quest interval time on various quests due to me not liking them, at most 33%.

My easy victory on day 959(first game I had ever played in MnB): Level 39. 2586 Renown, 99 RotR of course, 213 party size max limit (And I used it)

Kellick said:
Are you sure you accounted for all of them? I mean what if it was 114 or maybe only 112. Is it possible you might have missed a bolt or two?
I demand a recount! So you tell Bunduk to get out there and pick up all the bolts mister and have Arti count them again.
I'm one hundred percent sure about it. Precisely 113 bolts. 52 were steel bolts and the rest was normal. I ordered Marnid to count them, first giving him lots of intelligence points. I trust my people.

About conquering whole Calradia. I always get bored with it and start new game. That is nothing to brag about of course. I once conquered really big area, it was Native Expansion in M&B. I can't remember how much it was actually. Swadians and Rhodoks existed no more for sure. I got a few vassals, roads... I think things were starting to be too complicated for me. I was unemployed back then. I may be jobless soon if I continue to play (that is mostly getting killed) warband online with such passion as so far though...

@Rad
I would like to post some pics, but this laptop i have (HP HDX 18, 18.4 inch screen) wont take screenshots for some reason. Unless I'm pressing the wrong keys.

If you want, I could send you the save game file ? You would have to tell me how though.

Rad said:
Please, could you put here some screenshots of map from won game? Iwould like to see it with my own eyes. Winning is such quite short time is a feat. But somehow I don't understand how you could reach 40 level after only about 1000 days in game. I am playing 1360 days and am at 33 level only. And I can't imagine myself attack any Rhodock castle with hero's damage at normal level and without using some cheats. :wink:
Kill more. You can reach higher level and win the game at the same time.

Boduar said:
Did this on easy settings in I think 960 days and on 169% difficulty(realistic saving) I have I think 5 cities and 8 castles left to take on day 1600 mainly because I sit around for weeks on end with speed time waiting for the right times to declare war.  I dont think I will finish because it will be rather boring since the only 2 factions left I have skirmished with and downsized them and found it rather easy so did not see a reason to keep going.

169%  What?

I'm doing realistic saving, normal damage to me and my men, manual this and that, good/normal and I'm at 123% difficulty.  How the hell do you get 169% difficulty?  Especially with easy settings?

iffy said:
Boduar said:
Did this on easy settings in I think 960 days and on 169% difficulty(realistic saving) I have I think 5 cities and 8 castles left to take on day 1600 mainly because I sit around for weeks on end with speed time waiting for the right times to declare war.  I dont think I will finish because it will be rather boring since the only 2 factions left I have skirmished with and downsized them and found it rather easy so did not see a reason to keep going.

169%  What?

I'm doing realistic saving, normal damage to me and my men, manual this and that, good/normal and I'm at 123% difficulty.  How the hell do you get 169% difficulty?  Especially with easy settings?
Big battle size gives some points to difficulty.

Kellick said:
Oh, sorry...back on topic...I just don't get you people with your fancy designer coffees with all kinds of flavoring and crap.
I just like a good old cup of sumatran with cream and sugar. Drinking one right now. Mmmmh.

Oh yeah, all that manly cream and sugar coffe :smile:  Black I says!

diavel said:
big battle size gives some points to difficulty.

I have mine set to 150 which is max...?

Original author:

Did you have to fight against 50+ lords in the last castle/city siege?  How many lords did you have at the end?  The other faction at the end?

Very close to acheving same goal. Have only nords left but they own all of vaigerland and most of Khergitland. The Rhodocks dont really count, since they only have Yalen and are bottled up there. 900 days level 43 used cheats twice: once when i teleported off a wall, and once some dude was levetating so i knocked him out. I am only running Diplomacy Mod.

iffy said:
If you use Battle Size Changer (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=103109.0) you can get as many as 1000 troops on battlefield. Unfortunately I can only convince my laptop not to crash below 400.

diavel said:
iffy said:
If you use Battle Size Changer (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=103109.0) you can get as many as 1000 troops on battlefield. Unfortunately I can only convince my laptop not to crash below 400.

Oh... I don't run any mods..

excelsias said:
Back on topic -- in EVERY game like Warband (for example, the total war series) -- I ALWAYS get to a point where I feel like I'm on the "downhill" path to winning.  Ie., you win the early battles, setup and defend, expand, and then finishing the game becomes a process of just rolling downhill, which isn't nearly as fun as the uphill climb.  As a result, I almost NEVER win these types of games or play them to completion - I always restart to get a different challenge going :smile:

I beat Total War: Medieval 2, longest downhill ever. It was sooooooo boooring, however i had told my friend that I should lay it all under England; and so I did. Worst piece of **** I have ever played (except for some History Chanel Civil War bull****) After you have taken out Scotland and France you are in no reel danger.

Feddgard said:
excelsias said:
Back on topic -- in EVERY game like Warband (for example, the total war series) -- I ALWAYS get to a point where I feel like I'm on the "downhill" path to winning.  Ie., you win the early battles, setup and defend, expand, and then finishing the game becomes a process of just rolling downhill, which isn't nearly as fun as the uphill climb.  As a result, I almost NEVER win these types of games or play them to completion - I always restart to get a different challenge going :smile:

I beat Total War: Medieval 2, longest downhill ever. It was sooooooo boooring, however i had told my friend that I should lay it all under England; and so I did. Worst piece of **** I have ever played (except for some History Chanel Civil War bull****) After you have taken out Scotland and France you are in no reel danger.

Sort of like in real life. M2TW is a fantastic game, play as someone not on an island and you're in for a different experience. Also bear in mind that you should be playing on at least Hard (if not very hard) for a good time. There are countless fantastic mods and some great gameplay mechanics... if you really feel this game was that bad I don't know what to tell you.

iffy said:
diavel said:
big battle size gives some points to difficulty.

Original author:

Did you have to fight against 50+ lords in the last castle/city siege?  How many lords did you have at the end?  The other faction at the end?

I don't remember how many lords were left in last Town. I think there were at least 10.

But most were not that strong (not many troops with them) because i had already fought and beat them out on the map (and they escaped after battle). I also had a batch of lords as prisoners.

Near the end of the game I could have up to 227 troops in my party. So taking last town was not to much a problem. As long as I stayed in the back and not rush to the front and get killed like a fool. I never use a shield. My guys would crush there's. lol

I did not have many lords myself. Maybe 4 or 5 at the end. The way i played i really did not need them anyways. They were of no help anyways. But it was cool to have some friends (lords, vassals) on my side.

The last faction that got crushed was Khergit.

I'm going to try a different play style the next time around.

Edit: I finished with 7 Lords (Vassals).

Lol lucky you I remember when the enemy had 1 castle left and I accidentally ran too close by they came out with 4000 troops had to reload and take them in a 2000 man siege defense and then 2 1000 man battles before taking out the last 200ish garrison.

666_ said:
I don't remember how many lords were left in last Town. I think there were at least 10.

But most were not that strong (not many troops with them) because i had already fought and beat them out on the map (and they escaped after battle). I also had a batch of lords as prisoners.

Near the end of the game I could have up to 227 troops in my party. So taking last town was not to much a problem. As long as I stayed in the back and not rush to the front and get killed like a fool. I never use a shield. My guys would crush there's. lol

I did not have many lords myself. Maybe 4 or 5 at the end. The way i played i really did not need them anyways. They were of no help anyways. But it was cool to have some friends (lords, vassals) on my side.

The last faction that got crushed was Khergit.

I'm going to try a different play style the next time around.
Thanks for the info!  That helps a lot! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom