AAR: Edmundus

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Edmundus

Sergeant
Edmundus
A Mount&Blade Warband AAR

Inspired by Monnikjes Me, Floris that was really fun to read i decided ill make my own
Im new to this community also this is my first try. I might not be so good as the others..

Warband patch 1.125

Difficulty Settings:
Block direction: Automatic
Lance: Manual (Hard)
Damage to Player: Normal
Damage to Friends: Normal
Combat AI: Good
Campaign AI: Good
Combat Speed: Normal
Battle Size: 150

Also added that i also need to save while i quit so theres no turning back !

Mods used:
Diplomacy 2.2.5 - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116424.0.html
Better Banners Mod - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,107008.0.html with my own custom banner

Introduction
March 23, 1257

My name is Edmundus, im a Rhodok born in Ruldi 1238. My whole life ive been living in Ruldi, a small settlement in the land of Calradia! a land with six kingdoms fighting for land and power. I havent traveled much in these lands, i have only been to Jelkala, Buvran and Ibdeles Castle, the lands part of the Rhodok ruled by King Graveth. My father was a rhodok sergeant who fought for Count Kurnias, vassal of King Graveth and lord of Epeshe. Unfortunately he passed away two years ago, while he was on a campaign against the Sarranids. He came to visit us while the kingdom wasnt on campaign. He teached me many things like how to fight with a sword and polearm, how to defend myself, basics of tactics, training, and engineering. My mother was a peasent woman working in Ruldi. She was the only one who game me work. I helped her make bread. She passed away today. She had a disease that gave her a fever which killed her. Now im left with no family or work. But this is Calradia, these things happen on this land. And now things will change, i will start my own warband. Ill head to my mothers funerals. And then i need a drink !

**Gameplay Notes**
Created char with Male, Veteran
Warrior, Craftmans Apprentice,
A Smith, Personal Revenge.
Inventory.
mb14.jpg
Character Page.
mb13.jpg
Skills Page .
mb12.jpg

Ooooo, a Rhodok. Sounds entertaining. Though you might not want to shoot for one a day. You might not have enough material to make an interesting narrative.

Your character is virtually the same as mine, complete with the Ruldi fascination :-0

Although yours sounds like a blueblood to me :mad:

socks said:
Your character is virtually the same as mine, complete with the Ruldi fascination :-0

Although yours sounds like a blueblood to me :mad:
What !?!? Heh sorry i swear i havent bitten anybodys story and i havent seen yours...

Oh, I never put it up online - I was just remarking on how similar your character was to mine. Great minds think alike and such :smile:

Chapter 1
The Beginning
March 23, 1257

I came from my mothers funeral. It was a sad day as i started riding towards Jelkala. It was still early in the morning and the sun hasnt rised up yet. I rode through the town gates, dismounted my horse and then i heard someone was running towards me. It was a bandit! i took out my blade and he got what he deserved. As i went in the tavern, i saw that it was different than the last time i visited it. Tho there wasnt many people at this time.
mb1.jpg

When i walked in there was a man sitting on one of the chairs, he was sad because he told me he was a merchant and his brother had been kidnapped and wanted someone to rescue him. I accepted that tasks because i needed renown and respect. He gave me some denars to go and recruit some men from the nearby villages. I went near the town gates, mounted my horse and rode out. After i got some recruits that couldnt really fight that good, i went back to Jelkala to hunt those kidnappers. After founding and dealing with them there was one alive and told me the secret hideout. It was near Ruldi just next to the river. It was dark at night and me and my men ambushed it. One of my men slipped a few times, my men were scared. One of them was even shaking while slowly sneaking. I looked through a bush that there were two caves and the kidnapped brother in one of them.
mb3.jpg

I attacked the hideout and it went successfully. I manadged to find his brother and took him back safely. I was rewarded with some denars and the merchants thanks. Now Jelkala likes me for what ive done and now i know i did the right thing. As i went out of Jelkala, i saw a huge amount of Rhodok soldiers walking towards Jelkala holding crossbows and spears on their shoulders, holding huge board shields and carrying a green banner with a bear on it. My father told me that King Graveth had that banner. The one with the warhorse in the rear must have been King Graveth i thought. I went to greet him! He said that he heard that i rescued the kidnapped brother and asked me to deliver a message to Count Reland in Ergellon Castle near the border of Swadia. He said that his banner is black with a lion on it.
mb2.jpg

I accepted the task right away and started to move towards the Swadian border. I would take anykind of task to get a good reputation with the king. While near Chaelza- a village connected to Veluca, i walked gently with my horse towards Veluca while hearing sounds of marching towards me, i saw an patrol of soldiers coming over the mounds carrying a blue banner. It was Count Trimbau. I asked for a task and he told me that some of his best men were murdered by someone named "Ramin Bright" and needed somebody to take care of the murderer.
mb4.jpg

After i accepted he told me of his location- Emer. And i was off my way to go bounty hunting and message delivering. I moved forward while one of my recruits told me that Veluca is near and he has been there. I went over a couple of mountains while seeing Veluca from a distance.  I rode really fast towards it. When i reached there, it was beautiful. The sun shining on it and birds flying over it, it looked like paradise. The banner of Count Matheas floats on top of the main gate, the Rhodok sharpshooters on the walls resting. I was amazed that i havent ever been there before, in a paradise like this!
mb5.jpg

While getting inside i saw vines growing on some walls and people make wine, some of them do smithwork, kids playing in the streets. It was beautiful and when my men reached there later, i even decided to stay there for a while.
mb6.jpg

I had fun out there and the next day i woke up early in the morning. Walking outside the inn seeing my men waiting for me near the walls. I told them that we will go to Castle Ergellon, and left Veluca. About four hours later i reached Ergellon Castle, going infront of it. It was a beautiful day- the sun shining, big white clouds moving slowly, wind making the banners float on the towers and the shadows under the trees caused by the sun. I saw a black banner with a yellow lion on it, that matched what King Graveth told me. I shouted that they would let me in. Then i saw the castle gates opening slowly i walked in the castle courtyard leaving my men and horse outside.  In the courtyard i saw Rhodok sergeants and sharpshooters on the walls keeping a watch. As i saw the Castle hall in it i went there immediately.
mb7.jpg

I went inside to greet the counts and gave the letter to Reland, my task was completed.

**Gameplay Notes**
I will be trying to make this character with an 1h sword, shield, polearm/2h and javelins.
Even got a level.
Character Page.
mb10.jpg
Stats Page.
mb9.jpg
Inventory
mb8.jpg

Great so far, I might make one of my own. If you wouldent mind would you put the King of Amost All of Caldria, King Philip (ME :mrgreen:) in, you dont have to if you want.

Mrr.Phil: Thanks! and sorry because i will only add the characters based on the game. If you make your own you could do whatever you want :grin:

monnikje: Haha thanks! it will get better and better when i will be a vassal and fight in wars. And the credits are all yours for the format  :wink:

Good luck with this. I enjoy reading this kind of thing. Oh, and beware, those vines you saw on the walls, theyre poison ivy. The new Rhodok cities are thick with it and could lead to a nasty rash. lol
Remember. "Leaves of three, let it be."

Chapter 2
Traveling and Trading
March 27, 1257

As i delivered the message to Count Reland, i decided to visit the Swadian territory. First i visited the huge grain fields of Uxkhal. As i went past Uxkhal i managed to get myself into a forest, where i was attacked by bandits and taken prisoner. Some of my men died from their arrows, the others were knocked out and taken prisoner aswell. They dragged me all over the Swadian territory. But when they were near Rybelet Castle i managed to escape from those bastards. I quickly moved to Suno where i rested for awhile. I wanted to buy some wine and oil but there werent any! Guess the villages didint produce much those days. Then i moved to the capital of Swadia- Praven, I wanted to buy some ale. And there was no ale neither! But i saw the townsfolk moved to the arena. I asked one of them and they told me there was a tournament held there. I though if id enter it, and win i could get famous. I went and singed myself as a combatant. The first round went well, i managed to take two of them down. The second round went pretty well too, at first. Before i got a jousting lance in my face and fell off my horse. It didnt go well on my trip to Swadia. I went back to Rhodok lands to complete my tasks. First i met Count Gerluchs on my way to Emer. He wasnt really friendly but he still gave me a task. I needed to collect the taxes from his village- Dirigsene.
mb12-1.jpg

As i went past him i saw the village of Emer. I went there and visited the village elder. He told me that he hasnt seen Ramin Bright and told me that strangers visit the village all the time. He also said that i could find him if i look around. And so i did, i looked everywhere and still i couldnt find him. After awhile of searching i saw a man with a sword with him right next to a tree.
mb13-1.jpg

I went to talk to him. He seemed nervous and i told him that he is the murderer. He said that he is innocent and then i told that well have to talk to the neighbors to find out. Suddenly he attacked me! I took out my blade and gave him a few slashes towards his head. I managed to kill him but the villagers werent very happy about it. As i mounted my horse and rode out of the village the children were frightened. As i went near Veluca i met Count Matheas. He told me that Count Trimbau is near Jelkala. After a travel to Jelkala, King Graveth told me that he should be near Ibdeles. I finally found him and finished my task. He was glad about it and gave me a bag of 300 denars for it. I went back to Jelkala. As i visited the tavern, i saw two men standing there. They were Firentis and Bunduk. Firentis said that he had committed a crime and killed his own brother because of being in love and drunk. I felt sorry for him and asked him to join my company. He accepted and then i went to have a chat with Bunduk. He said he was a sharpshooter at the Jelkala garrison, and left. I asked that he could join my company and he accepted.
mb15.jpg

I told Firentis that i have a task to complete and we should travel to Dirigsene. I moved carefully and kept watch because i have heard that there are mountain bandits near that area. I went to rest at Culmarr Castle and wait for the bandits to leave the area near Dirigsene, i saw a beautiful view at the walls of the castle. I saw a huge part of Swadian lands from that height.
In the next day morning i started to move towards Dirigsene and started to collect the taxes. They werent too happy about that and didn't want to pay so high taxes but i didnt want to stain my relationship with Count Gerluchs and ignored them. It came up to 3175 denars as i started to ride towards Veluca. I met Count Fudreim in the Veluca lords hall and he gave me a task to deliver a message to Count Gharmall who was believed to be at Maras Castle.
mb16.jpg

I gladly accepted the task and asked the location of Gerluchs. He said that Gerluchs was near Yaragar, a village of Swadia. I traveled there quickly and then i saw smoke coming from a distance. It was still daylight and after reaching it i saw the Rhodok army was looting the village. I heard many screams of the villagers. When i reached it there was just dead cattle, villagers, burning houses and grain fields. I followed Count Gerluchs and told him that i collected the taxes he wanted. He gave me one fifth of it that makes me 615 denars.
mb17.jpg

I was glad to be of service and then left for Suno to try the trade route again. As i reached it i went to the trading center to find out if there was any good prices. I didn't see any wine but the amount of oil was perfect! I bought some oil and left to sell it at Praven. At Praven i bought ale and sold it at Suno. Like that i did about four times and i was already getting rich. Soon it was running out of oil as i went to the other side of Swadia where Dhirim was settled. As i went inside the city i heard many voices of people doing smith work. Hammers hitting iron and the bells of churches. The streets was tight as many people moved through it.
mb18.jpg

Tho there was less people at that time. I went to the tavern where i met a man. He was wearing an pilgrim disguise and a wooden staff. I went to talk to him and he said he was a surgeon and medic. He could heal my men i was thinking.
mb19.jpg

After hiring to my company i moved out into the streets and bought lots of iron. It was really cheap and i heard that i could sell it for three times the amount at Reyvadin. Reyvadin is the capital of the Vaegirs, tho it isn't on the snowy side like some of the other cities are. After a long trip to Reyvadin i sold my iron and got lots of profit for it. I went to travel towards Curaw. After some time of traveling the weather was beginning to change. It became colder and colder . Firentis said that he was getting cold because he was only wearing a tabard and some shoes. Then we reached the snowy area and Firentis really didnt like it. I Finally reached Curaw, they also made iron is this city and selling salt there is a good idea. I bought lots of iron, it was really cheap even two times cheaper than in Dhirim. It only cost 50 denar's a piece. Then i traveled towards the Nordic lands. After a long travel in the mountains and the coast near Jayek i finally reached Wercheg. The city was beautiful and the culture that the nords have is fantastic! I saw houses made of wood and people enjoying the sun at this time of day.
mb20.jpg

I sold my iron there but it was a disappointment that there weren't any salt in stock. So i went to the Nord capital- Sargoth, to buy some linen and flax. In the tavern i met a young girl called Ymira. She has a father who is a merchant. She ran away because her father made her to marry somebody that she didnt want to.
mb21.jpg

I thought she could have a good mind of trade, and hired her into my company. She was also good at first aid but not asgood as Jeremus. She gave me some nice ideas where to trade. I did what she said and got lots of profit. I was thinking that its enough of traveling and trading that its time to go back to the Rhodok lands. I bought flax for the last time and headed to Suno first. I had battles against bandits and it seemed that Jeremus and Firentis got along just fine. At Suno the townsfolk were yelling that outside the walls is a battle against Rhodoks going on. When i went on the town walls with my men, i saw that Count Matheas was having a battle with Count Klargus.
mb22.jpg

After awhile even King Harlaus himself joined the battle. And even some patrols from Suno joined in making Matheas outnumbered. I continued to the my travel and remembered that i had a task that i needed to deliver the message to Maras Castle.

**Gameplay Notes**
Forgot to take pics one moment.
Got a new Rhodok look haha :wink: and some companions
Character Page.
mb27.jpg
Stats Page.
mb25.jpg
Inventory Page.
mb24.jpg
Party Page.
mb26.jpg

Chapter 3
The Declaring of War
April 19, 2157

As i was riding towards Maras Castle to deliver a message, Firentis told me that Jeremus is a good friend to him and hes glad to have him in our company.
mb28.jpg

I was really happy about that myself. Firentis was my closest friend and i was glad i met him.
As i reached Maras Castle the guard told me that Count Gharmall is not in the castle at the moment. As i went to search for him near Reveran, i saw Count Gutlans marching towards me. I asked where Gharmall is. He told me hes at campaign at the kingdom of Swadia and is at the offencive near the village of Azgad. I thanked him and left for the search. As i reached Azgad the village was looted. I went to look for him at Thalberl but he wasnt there neither. I was ashamed of myself that i couldnt deliver a message. As i went  past Uxkhal i met Count Matheas. He told me that he needs a task completed. He said that mountain bandits in the mountains have made an hideout and were attacking travelers and peasant's. He wanted me to take care of the hideout and i accepted that task. As i was nearing Ergellon Castle i saw an army from a distance. Many banners floated over it. As i was nearing the army i realized that it was the Rhodok main army traveling back from their campaigns. I met Count Gharmall and finally delivered the message.
mb29.jpg

He also asked me to rescue Count Trimbau. I told him that i could try and left for the mountains. Later after some hours of searching i found the hideout and took care of it. Then i went for Praven to rescue Trimbau. It was night and as i went near the prison, i saw two Swadian guards full in plate armor standing there.
mb30.jpg

I gave my try but it didnt work out so well. When was taken prisoner myself i knew that it was impossible to rescue him. After a day sitting in the prison i was finally exchanged for another prisoner and got out. I met Count Matheas near Veluca and i completed my task. Then he gave me a quest to deliver a message to Count Devlian. After some thinking i accepted the task and went to find him. Also i heard news that the Nords had taken Dhirim from the Swadians. After a long travel that took me almost two days, i reached Snuzgda Castle. As i went into the castle i met Count Regas. He gave me a task to hunt down Sigmar of Todshar who was hiding in Veidar. I also visited Dhirim where i met some farmers who wanted me to save their village- Thalberl, from the bandits looting it.. I felt sorry for them and told them that they should not worry and Edmundus will save them from the bandits! Meanwhile i was traveling, the Swadians and Rhodoks made peace with eachother and the quest of the rescue of Trimbau was cancelled. The traveling was quick because the village was pretty near Dhirim, just near the border with Nords. I quickly went to the village where i saw about 20 forest bandits. The peasants quickly came to me and said that we must face them immediately. The villagers took whatever weapons they could get and joined me for the attack. The battle was a victory but some of the villagers got wounded and killed. The villagers were thankful for what ive done and gave me whatever supplies they could get. I refused and told they need it even more then i do. As i left the village the villagers sent me on the way cheering for me. Later i went for Suno where i rested for some time. Then i visited Veidar, where i got beaten by the murderer and failed my quest. As i went back to Snuzgda Castle i explained the situation to Count Regas. He got angry and threw me out of his castle. And i still could not find Devlian! I went back to Veluca and told Matheas that i abandoned his quest. I hated delivering messages and would never accept another one. Count Fudreim wanted me to collect the taxes from Fedner. I immediately went to Fedner and started to collect taxes. After awhile collecting the taxes i saw that there was an angry mob making its way towards me. I ran back to my men and alarmed them, gathering blunt weapons. I easily took the mob down without any casualties. Hah! they should think before making these stupid actions against Edmundus!. Later i finished collecting the taxes and went to find Count Fudreim. He gave me the reward and went to Jelkala. While i went for the marketplace i saw huge stacks of velvet with a really cheap price.
mb32.jpg

I bought as much as i could get and went to sell them in the other countries. Along the way i met Count Reichis, after some greeting and conversation he wanted me to start war against the Sarranid Sulnate for him.
mb33.jpg

This was no ordinary task. I think he was right about what he told and accepted his task. While fearing the cost of the relations with King Graveth. I went for the city of Shariz. where i sold some of the velvet i bought at Jelkala and also got salt for a good price. Then i realized that there's a tournament held there. I joined in and this time it was  different. I started winning each tier but at tier 5 i managed to get some stong hits but still i was able to defeat my opponent. And at last i won the tournament.
mb34.jpg

i was standing at the center of the arena and the spectators started to threw flowers and grain. I was full of joy as the people was cheering for me. I was even invited to the feast where the Emirs greeted me. After a good time i left Shariz, i was sad that after so good reputation with them i still had to make them suffer but it was something i had to do. First i attacked some vilalgers and then i raided the village of Hawaha. I went back to the Rhodok lands and claimed my reward.

**Gameplay Notes**
Relations with Counts increased
Also got some levels

Party Page.
mb38.jpg
Inventory Page.
mb37.jpg
Character Page.
mb36.jpg
Skills Page.
mb35.jpg

Chapter 4
The Vassal
May 19, 1257​

I realized that the king nor the Counts weren't angry at me. And the Sarranid's still haven't declared war on the Rhodoks but there is still a risk. I went to ask the Rhodok lords for tasks and got none. If i could not get any tasks from the lords, i decided that ill earn some denars from trading. That's why i went to Veluca, where i found a rough girl called Klethi. Who joined my cause.
Copyofmb39.jpg

I also added some wine to my cart. Then i moved to Jelkala, where i sold the wine and bought lots of velvet. Then i went to Suno where i joined the tournament and was knocked out. Then i visited the marketplace, sold the velvet and bought lots of oil instead. I sold the oil in Praven and went back to Suno to buy more oil. Unfortunately the prices went really high during the massive caravans buying supplies there. So Ymira told me to go to Tihr and buy salt. She said that i could get lots of profit if i sell it in Sargoth or Curaw. When i reached Tihr i loaded up my cart full of heavy sacks of salt and began to ride towards Sargoth where i sold it. I also found lots of good equipment from the smiths. I bought lots of linen and went to Curaw. There i got lots of iron. Then me and my tired men carrying heavy cold iron went to Wercheg and bought salt and sold it back at Curaw. I saw poor villagers in the tavern and asked them what their doing. They told me that their village is being filled with bandits. Their village was supposed to be Bazeck not far from Curaw. I went outside the tavern and saw my men at the marketplace loading up iron as i told them to. Then i told Firentis to tell the men that they would forget the iron and that were going to kill some bandits today. After some time traveling in the thick snow, i reached Bazeck.             
Copyofmb42.jpg

The 22 bandits went down successful and there was no casualties for the farmers nor for us. My elite Rhodok sharpshooters did all the work to be honest. While i was back at Curaw i heard that a Boyar Meriga needs help with some sea raiders. I met Boyar Meriga near Yruma Castle. He told me to find the sea raider landing near Rivacheq. I traveled back to the other side of the kingdom and found the hideout. I wanted to attack it but noticed that there was too many sea raider parties around. When i rode to Rivacheq i got caught by three parties of sea raiders. They didn't even ask for denars, they just attacked us. Tho they got crushed by my forces. Some of them escaped from the battle.
mb50.jpg

Then i rested for awhile in the city and went to attack the hideout. It was hard to get in there and couldn't come with my horse. It was just Me, Bunduk, Firentis, Ymira and some of my personal sharpshooters who went to attack it. When i reached down the mountains i saw many ships of the sea raiders and cargo maybe looted from villages.
mb51.jpg

I had taken care of the hideout and left. I went searching for Meriga but after a couple of useless days i still couldn't find him so i decided to go back home. I passed through Dhirim and realized that its taken by the Khergit's. After i reached the Rhodok highlands, i heard that Count Gutlans also needed a task to be done. Also a hideout near his home. I did the task as usual and claimed my reward. In the 7th of June i went to train my men near Nemeja. I heard that there were tournaments held in Jelkala and started to ride there immediately. As i was taking a walk in the city i saw like even fifteen Counts who joined the feast. As i walked towards the castle the guard said that i couldn't get it. That was a big dissapointment for me, but soon i joined the tournaments. There were about 20 matches which i won 2. The tournaments lasted for about a week. Then king Graveth needed to collect some taxes from Jelkala. Took me days to collect them. When i met him on the outskirts of Jelkala, he wanted to make me his vassal and fight for him.
mb53.jpg

I gladly accepted and we went in Jelkala to declare me as a count. He also gave me the fief of Dirigsene.

**Gameplay Notes**
Became a count

Character Page:
mb57.jpg
Inventory Page (With all items showed):
mb59.jpg
Skills Page:
mb55.jpg
Party Page:
mb56.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.