-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

Acrell said:
What happens when you conquer everything? i never got to that point because i get bored with my game and start a new one
Once you've conqeured the whole map and thus whole calradia you will get a message everyday that your kingdom is the only one standing.

It's a bit of a let down, But you aren't playing for the rewards afterwards. Its the trip to the top that matters!

Remedius said:
A real quick simple question : I am looking for a blunt prisoner harvesting weapon that can be swung from horseback. I thought I had it in the long handled mace but when I ride out it just thrusts. Switching weapon modes is no good either. I have to revert to the iron mace which is good but doesn't have the potential reach I need.
You can always try and use a knobbel long shafted mace ( I beliece thats what its called) It looks a lot like the knobbed mace but then a lot longer. You can use it as a polearm to inflict blunt damage.

besides that there aren't that many long blunt weapons.

Remedius said:
A real quick simple question : I am looking for a blunt prisoner harvesting weapon that can be swung from horseback. I thought I had it in the long handled mace but when I ride out it just thrusts. Switching weapon modes is no good either. I have to revert to the iron mace which is good but doesn't have the potential reach I need.

If you're looking to harvest prisoners, look no further than the Jousting Lance. Hell, I use that anyway, because with a Length of 240 it's the biggest, baddest polearm in the game. And with decent skill in Polearms and speed, the relatively low damage (17 I believe) doesn't really get in the way, as you'll be knocking people out in one hit with couched damage anyway.

Thanks Seal and KB - hadn't thought of a lance as an option. Btw weapon category governs how it's used so does that mean 2h is not available on horseback  or is it polearm that allows swingage? All i know is I use x button in battle and suddenly I can do things but I use heavy great long axe and it seems to do everything ( include toothpick )

1 small tip for persuading lords to join your "noble" cause
What lords love even above their ancient rights or right for the simple man is..
Land! offer them fiefs and they will flock to join you. :mrgreen:

Remedius said:
Thanks Seal and KB - hadn't thought of a lance as an option. Btw weapon category governs how it's used so does that mean 2h is not available on horseback  or is it polearm that allows swingage? All i know is I use x button in battle and suddenly I can do things but I use heavy great long axe and it seems to do everything ( include toothpick )

Two-handed weapons may be used on horseback, although they are swung with one hand and do not allow shield use. Not sure if they do reduced damage due to the one-handedness, I would assume they do. Some polearms can be swung, others (lances) cannot. General rule of thumb is if "Lance" is in the name, it's just a pointy stick; I think the double-sided lance is an exception but I've never used it. You can check by mousing over and seeing if there are separate damages listed for "Swing" and "Thrust." Great Long Axe can be swung and thrusted.

Also be aware that 1/2H weapons (Bastard Swords, Morningstars, Spiked Clubs) are ALWAYS considered one-handed while mounted, so there is no disadvantage to using a shield with them while riding. On foot, they can be used without a shield to do more damage and attack faster. I'm not sure whether the stats listed are for the one- or two-handed mode.

BHunterSEAL said:
Remedius said:

Two-handed weapons may be used on horseback, although they are swung with one hand and do not allow shield use. Not sure if they do reduced damage due to the one-handedness, I would assume they do. Some polearms can be swung, others (lances) cannot. General rule of thumb is if "Lance" is in the name, it's just a pointy stick; I think the double-sided lance is an exception but I've never used it. You can check by mousing over and seeing if there are separate damages listed for "Swing" and "Thrust." Great Long Axe can be swung and thrusted.

Also be aware that 1/2H weapons (Bastard Swords, Morningstars, Spiked Clubs) are ALWAYS considered one-handed while mounted, so there is no disadvantage to using a shield with them while riding. On foot, they can be used without a shield to do more damage and attack faster. I'm not sure whether the stats listed are for the one- or two-handed mode.

All bastard weapons suffer a 35% penalty to speed and damage when used on horseback. With or without shield. The listed stats are for two-handed use.

My question is: such weapons as the heavy long axe are polearm/two-handed, but when exactly are they using the polearm proficiency and when the two-handed proficiency?

Quick question threads have been my savior in many games.

So, I've been wooing this girl, but some of the lords/bards said she's got high standards, which I think means she wants me to have a high honour rating.  How can I go about increasing it?  I'm at -4 right now, so am I completely screwed?  Should I go for a less picky lady?  I foolishly tried did some spy work and also tried to badmouth one of the other lords, so I think that's how I got so low.

Also, what's the best way to go about starting a war?  The Sultan's too peacenik, never starts any wars.  Will attacking caravans drop my honour even further?

If your lady likes honour there are several ways to get it though in my games the best way is to do save village from bandit quests refusing the reward and also letting captured enemy lords go free after battles - honour gets honour too - you may find a lend healer to enemy quest when you get honourable and this gives you even more.

Jhoosier said:
Quick question threads have been my savior in many games.

So, I've been wooing this girl, but some of the lords/bards said she's got high standards, which I think means she wants me to have a high honour rating.  How can I go about increasing it?  I'm at -4 right now, so am I completely screwed?  Should I go for a less picky lady?  I foolishly tried did some spy work and also tried to badmouth one of the other lords, so I think that's how I got so low.

Also, what's the best way to go about starting a war?  The Sultan's too peacenik, never starts any wars.  Will attacking caravans drop my honour even further?
A way to raise your honor is by looking for villages who are invested by bandits and then refusing a reward, You can also get more honor by not taking a lord prisoner or do other ways to reject a reward when doing something good.

After you raised the honor make sure to have a good relationship with either her brother or father. Then start working on a relationship with her otherwise the dad/brother will get really pissed and won't allow you two to marry. Marrying her anyway thus making them even more pissed will result in some lose of honor.

You can start a war by looking for lords with high controversy those are the "evil" lords who will do anything for money&Power even if it means making war. They are the most likely to give the "Make war" quest. If you randomly start attacking caravans the enemy faction might refuse a war but still tries to hunt you down + The sultan does not approve of you making war.

Finishing the "Make war" quest will increase your relationship with high controversy lords and decreasing your relationship with lords with high honor.

Starting a war and trying to woo a honor wishing lady does not really go hand in hand.
Go for the lady first THEN start a war.

killer-blead said:
After you raised the honor make sure to have a good relationship with either her brother or father. Then start working on a relationship with her otherwise the dad/brother will get really pissed and won't allow you two to marry. Marrying her anyway thus making them even more pissed will result in some lose of honor.

OK, that must be it.  I keep taking all the villagers' food  :evil:  And the slippery lords keep escaping.  Thanks for the help.  AND, we're at war again with the Rhodoks, which is the only faction we seem to war with.  Odd, that.

Your welcome.  :smile:

Yes it heavily depends on gamble in some games you'll have eternal war with all factions struggeling to survive while fending of eachtother. While in a then games it seems to be way to peacefull with only Bandits making the world a bit less safe. Yet in some cases you will have factions always teaming together or all on one trying to get rid of 1 single faction.

Two questions:

1. I joined to defend a city against Swadians with Sultan Hakim and a few other Sarranid lords. I was able to command ALL forces during the battle. Even Sultan Hakim himself. Why is this? I am not the marshall.

2. Such weapons as the heavy long axe are polearm/two-handed, but when exactly are they using the polearm proficiency and when the two-handed proficiency?

I just noticed the thing you had with the army. I am king so i dont know if it has something to do with that. The Long axes and such only use polearm proficency.(If you play in multiplay, it shows you with spear icon)

Rare horses?
I just found a charger at the horse merchant in Praven. Day 420. I've never seen a charger in any other city, or anywhere. I didn't know they existed :X. Seems much better than my old war horse, and I'm getting tired of my Courser dieing halfway through a battle and then having to one-man 20 sea raiders or deserters on foot :X. (Although lancing on the Courser is much more fun :razz:).

Anyways, my question is... If this is the first time I've seen this type of horse... Are there any other types of rare+super awesome horses out there? A horse faster than the courser? Or an armoured courser?

Ilwuen said:
Two questions:

1. I joined to defend a city against Swadians with Sultan Hakim and a few other Sarranid lords. I was able to command ALL forces during the battle. Even Sultan Hakim himself. Why is this? I am not the marshall.

2. Such weapons as the heavy long axe are polearm/two-handed, but when exactly are they using the polearm proficiency and when the two-handed proficiency?
1. I think, And this is but a mere thought. They don't need 2 diffrent teams on the same side deffending or attacking a fief since there is only a 1 way path and having a lord commanding all archers to form a line with infantry behind it while attacking or deffending it sounds like a really bad idea. Thus the Dev's implemented it so that the player commands the entire army as a whole instead of loose shards.

2. Weapons like the heavy long axe and other polearm/twohanders use proficiency depending on which mode you use them. You can change the mod with the 'X' button and you can usually tell which mode you are using by the way your character is holding the weapon. If he holds the axe straight up he is using it as a twohander if you is slightly tilting it to the front he is using it as a polearm.

They mostly have this modes because some of the weapons, Like the heavy long axe are so long that they should be able to trust a incoming cavalry instead of swinging it which can often miss or you do not have the space to swing it. But since the thrust of a long axe is not very powerfull because of a lack of sharp point you can switch it to twohander nice and easy to finish the stopped cavalry with a good ol' swing in the ribs.

levache said:
Rare horses?
I just found a charger at the horse merchant in Praven. Day 420. I've never seen a charger in any other city, or anywhere. I didn't know they existed :X. Seems much better than my old war horse, and I'm getting tired of my Courser dieing halfway through a battle and then having to one-man 20 sea raiders or deserters on foot :X. (Although lancing on the Courser is much more fun :razz:).

Anyways, my question is... If this is the first time I've seen this type of horse... Are there any other types of rare+super awesome horses out there? A horse faster than the courser? Or an armoured courser?

Here you can find a list of all the horses available in warband
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mount%26Blade:_Warband/Horses

Ilwuen said:
Thanks for the answer killer. Btw, those are not the only horses in warband. Warband has added desert horses and sarranid horses as well :smile:.
Oops I see it too, The guide is a bit outdated but still useable.

Trying to find some more usefull information with the troop editor but thus far I'm unable to find anything about them. I did made some ingame screenshots of the stats:

BTW; About the return price, I bought it to take the picture but since I haven't left the store I can still return it for the full price so the price you see here is the actual price.
naamlooshjo.png

naamloos1u.png

It bears mentioning that some horses can only be found in certain towns. I've never seen a Steppe Horse outside of Khergit lands, Sarranid or Desert Horses outside of that territory, or Chargers outside of Swadia. That could explain why you think they're exceedingly rare, haha--I don't think any units have Chargers by default, some Lords may but I'm not sure. I love those things, by the time I have Riding 4 I can usually afford to buy them instead of the inferior-in-every-way Warhorses anyway. They make great bowling balls :smile:

Actually it is steppe horses - Khergit and Vaegir
Desert horses - Khergit and Sarranid
Sarranid horses - Sarranid
Charger - Swadia and Rhodok
All other horses everywhere
Also this goes by current faction instead of original faction and so if say the Nords conquered all of Swadia and Rhodok then there would be no more chargers.
If the Rhodoks conquered the Sarranids eventually the Sarranid horses would disappear from those towns but chargers would start appearing.

BHunterSEAL said:
It bears mentioning that some horses can only be found in certain towns. I've never seen a Steppe Horse outside of Khergit lands, Sarranid or Desert Horses outside of that territory, or Chargers outside of Swadia. That could explain why you think they're exceedingly rare, haha--I don't think any units have Chargers by default, some Lords may but I'm not sure. I love those things, by the time I have Riding 4 I can usually afford to buy them instead of the inferior-in-every-way Warhorses anyway. They make great bowling balls :smile:
I think you'll find chargers later in the game because its level dependable. Also I found those horses at Yalen but your right it is heavily dependable on towns.

Back
Top Bottom