-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello Everyone,

New to the site and my Warband will be here in a couple days.
I've searched for answers and can't find them but here's what I'd like to know...

1) I want the game system to be perfect for me from the beginning as I am not one who replays single player games over again...Will the vanilla game be that game or should I consider a mod from the get go?  If so which one?

2) Are the mods for this game like running whole new games (or adventures) so that perhaps my first concern is no big deal?  If it's like old school pen and paper that way, I am more thrilled than I already was (Chivalry&Sorcery anyone?)

3) Even if the mods make like new games, a system only mod which adds realism or better mechanics would be nice from the start

ANY help or suggestions are appreciated

I think you should just stick with the vanilla M&B Warband in my opinion.  Warband really is pretty much a polished version of the old mods for M&B from what I hear. 

As for mods they are mostly the same as the normal game ATM, (same factions same map just different troops types mostly). Really play basic game and have a look at the mods (you can switch between mods and standard WB really easy just a matter of picking which you want)

Ozinator said:
Hello Everyone,

I've searched for answers and can't find them but here's what I'd like to know...

1) I want the game system to be perfect for me from the beginning as I am not one who replays single player games over again...Will the vanilla game be that game or should I consider a mod from the get go?  If so which one?

2) Are the mods for this game like running whole new games (or adventures) so that perhaps my first concern is no big deal?  If it's like old school pen and paper that way, I am more thrilled than I already was (Chivalry&Sorcery anyone?)

3) Even if the mods make like new games, a system only mod which adds realism or better mechanics would be nice from the start

Everything on this list is compatible with eachother. So in the end you have a very epic game!

Battle Size Changer
Arena Overhaul mod
More Horses
More Warhorses
Better Banners Mod
Reworked Armors Mini Mod
Historic Castles Project - the British Isles
Diplomacy 1.10beta
Epic Heraldry Mini-mod for Warband 0.65
More Metal Sound Mod V2.1

For more mods go to Warband Mod List (updated 21.02.10)

Here's a quick question:

Who's Sergeants are considered to be "better" Rhodoks or Swadians? I would assume Rhodoks. Also, if you'd like to include their skill and proficiency numbers, all the better.

I know I could use search, but isn't the point of this to be a kind of "anti-search" thread? In addition, I'm on my mobile, and you all know that search is a pain in the ass at the best of times.

Lord Barrett said:
Here's a quick question:

Who's Sergeants are considered to be "better" Rhodoks or Swadians? I would assume Rhodoks. Also, if you'd like to include their skill and proficiency numbers, all the better.

I know I could use search, but isn't the point of this to be a kind of "anti-search" thread? In addition, I'm on my mobile, and you all know that search is a pain in the ass at the best of times.

Like this:                              LVL  SH    DH    PL        CB          ARC        Throw
Swadians
Sergeant                              25    155    135  145        -              -              -          Ironflesh 3; Powerstrike 4; Shield 3; Athletics 4
Rhodoks
Sergeant                              24  130  130    130        130        130        130      Ironflesh 7; Powerstrike 5; Shield 5; Athletics 5

Lord Barrett said:
Here's a quick question:

Here is what I could find in short:
I'm actually quite suprised over the lack of cleavers, Which Rhodok troop actually uses them?

Swadian Sergeant
Lvl    1h      2h    Pole    Archery    X-bow    Throw    Skills
25    155    135  145        -              -              -          Ironflesh 3; Powerstrike 4; Shield 3; Athletics 4

Equipement:
Coat_of_plates
Mail_with_Surcoat
Mail_Chausses
Iron_Greaves
Guard_Helmet
Bascinet
Helmet_with_Neckguard
Leather_Gloves
Weapons:
Awlpike
Heavy_Bastard_Sword
Morningstar
Arming_sword
Shields:
Heavy_Heather_Shield

Rhodok Sergeant
Lvl    1h      2h    Pole    Archery    X-bow    Throw    Skills
24  130  130    130        130        130        130      Ironflesh 7; Powerstrike 5; Shield 5; Athletics 5

Equipement:
Kettle_Hat
Bascinet_with_Nose_Guard
Bascinet_With_Aventail
Surcoat_over_Mail
Banded_Armor
Nomad_boots
Weapons:
Glaive
Militairy_Hammer
War_Spear
Sword
Shields:
Heavy_Board_Shield

Can I change difficulty in-game or do I have to wait until I start a new one for Campaign AI settings to take effect? I really like my current progress but I'm tired of seeing parties of 25 Swadian Knights (out of like 55 soldiers, it's absurd)? Same thing goes for other changes (damage modifiers, Battle AI, etc.), although I assume that, since they only affect battles, they can be changed and take effect in the next battle.

Lord Barrett said:
Here's a quick question:

Using the search function is always preferable :smile:.

BHunterSEAL said:
Can I change difficulty in-game or do I have to wait until I start a new one for Campaign AI settings to take effect? I really like my current progress but I'm tired of seeing parties of 25 Swadian Knights (out of like 55 soldiers, it's absurd)? Same thing goes for other changes (damage modifiers, Battle AI, etc.), although I assume that, since they only affect battles, they can be changed and take effect in the next battle.

Changes in difficulty level take effect immediately. Though I'm not sure whether you have to visit another area first.

Ilwuen said:
BHunterSEAL said:

Changes in difficulty level take effect immediately. Though I'm not sure whether you have to visit another area first.

Even changes to the campaign AI? Are we totally sure about this?

BHunterSEAL said:
Ilwuen said:
BHunterSEAL said:

Even changes to the campaign AI? Are we totally sure about this?

They do and they don't.
Effective immediately reinforcements going forward will change, tax inefficiency will change, and whatever else campaign ai changes will be changed.
It is not however going to kill off the already existing hordes of tier 4 and 5 troops.

Sweet! Thanks. Hopefully the hordes of Knights, Lancers, and Mamelukes will kill each other off without my involvement. I'm currently trying a wholly-independent playthrough where I don't sign on with a faction--it's pretty tough getting by just slaughtering Sea Raiders all the time. Hopefully it'll mean there's less of a likelihood of a mass all-faction gang-up on me if/when I start a new kingdom, which I've never actually tried before.

killer-blead said:
Ozinator said:
Hello Everyone,

Everything on this list is compatible with eachother. So in the end you have a very epic game!

Battle Size Changer
Arena Overhaul mod
More Horses
More Warhorses
Better Banners Mod
Reworked Armors Mini Mod
Diplomacy 1.10beta

Thanks Mate, I really appreciate it...I looked them over and like all except the Epic Heraldry (I think friendly fire must have been pretty common and like the idea of not even having identifiers above heads...maybe I'll change my mind after getting slaughtered too much...heheh)

I am a mod idiot and not very computer savvy anyways so if I could trouble you for one more question?  After installing warband  out of box and doing whatever update they do online, do i just go down the list you gave me and install with no worries?  I don't understand saving files separately or putting things here or there

Another quicky, I suppose.

I remember seeing somewhere that Rhodok top tier troops (Sergeants and Sharpshooters) are the  most likely to have, and use blunt weapons up close. Is this confirmed?

I'm interested because I love having lots of prisoners, and it sucks ordering your troops to use blunt weapons and half of them just use their fists. :cry:

So are they the faction that uses blunt most often with top tier troops? Also, just to make sure, both Sharpshooters and Sergeants use Military Hammers, correct?

Lord Barrett said:
Another quicky, I suppose.

I remember seeing somewhere that Rhodok top tier troops (Sergeants and Sharpshooters) are the  most likely to have, and use blunt weapons up close. Is this confirmed?

I'm interested because I love having lots of prisoners, and it sucks ordering your troops to use blunt weapons and half of them just use their fists. :cry:

So are they the faction that uses blunt most often with top tier troops? Also, just to make sure, both Sharpshooters and Sergeants use Military Hammers, correct?

Yup, yup. They both get the awesome uber military hammer. Sharpshooter gets the awesome uber military pick too.

Ozinator said:
killer-blead said:
Ozinator said:
Hello Everyone,

Battle Size Changer
Arena Overhaul mod
More Horses
More Warhorses
Better Banners Mod
Reworked Armors Mini Mod
Diplomacy 1.10beta

Thanks Mate, I really appreciate it...I looked them over and like all except the Epic Heraldry (I think friendly fire must have been pretty common and like the idea of not even having identifiers above heads...maybe I'll change my mind after getting slaughtered too much...heheh)

I am a mod idiot and not very computer savvy anyways so if I could trouble you for one more question?  After installing warband  out of box and doing whatever update they do online, do i just go down the list you gave me and install with no worries?  I don't understand saving files separately or putting things here or there
Yeah you can just install them and put them together in the vanilla mod, I took the list of the stuff that Monnikje uses for his AAR and he doesn't have any trouble with them.

What happens when you conquer everything? i never got to that point because i get bored with my game and start a new one

A real quick simple question : I am looking for a blunt prisoner harvesting weapon that can be swung from horseback. I thought I had it in the long handled mace but when I ride out it just thrusts. Switching weapon modes is no good either. I have to revert to the iron mace which is good but doesn't have the potential reach I need.

Back
Top Bottom