-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

Ahhh thanks guys.

Figures it would be region dependent. I'd spent the first 400 days almost exclusively in Vaegir/Nord lands, with a few trips through the Khanate and up to the edge of the Sarranids. I found the charger at my first stop in Praven on my way back from a mission to Yalen.... Only one Charger in the store too, so I figured it was rare even for there :smile:.

Too bad they are slow... I wish there was a horse as fast as the courser that wouldn't die to a pair of javelins. (The charger is ridiculous... I've had it take so many arrows/javelins it looks like a hedgehog and it still keeps going :razz:).

Yeah I like how the horses are completely diffrent and perfect for certain kinds of battles. When fighting small groups of enemy's or when your trying to fight other fast cavarly or just need it for transportation you definitly need to pick the courser.

The hunter on the other hand is great for cav vs cav fights while fending of small groups of infantry since it has a decent speed and a good charge.

The warhorse and hunter are really for long battle's because they are really hard to kill and their charge is something to fear for all infantry.

killer-blead said:
-Bump for notice-

Bump for notice what?

While I'm at it, I'll note that I entirely disagree with the concept of an "Ask Questions Thread". We've got a whole forum board for that, and it's not exactly empty or merely comprised of discussions. How the heck would you imagine all that could fit into one single thread?

Secondly, as someone able or inclined to answer questions, seeing how I can hardly be arsed to read one such, in the OP of a thread, if it's hidden in the midst of a poorly worded wall of text already, all the less am I inclined to wade through countless pages of text in search of the needle of a question that someone might have overlooked.

Thirdly and most importantly, have you ever thought about the people coming here looking for answers? Do you imagine they will want to wade through what by now are slightly over sixty posts, looking for answers to their question? I know I wouldn't want to. Furthermore, we often point people to the search function, IMO rightly so. Have you ever stopped to think how a thread such as this one would work with the search function?

It's already difficult enough to find a specific information in a thread dedicated to one single question, but what about this one then?!

It's already difficult enough to know what a thread is about if it doesn't have well chosen enough a subject -- this here is just bull****.

tyrannicide said:
killer-blead said:
-Bump for notice-

Bump for notice what?

While I'm at it, I'll note that I entirely disagree with the concept of an "Ask Questions Thread". We've got a whole forum board for that, and it's not exactly empty or merely comprised of discussions. How the heck would you imagine all that could fit into one single thread?

Secondly, as someone able or inclined to answer questions, seeing how I can hardly be arsed to read one such, in the OP of a thread, if it's hidden in the midst of a poorly worded wall of text already, all the less am I inclined to wade through countless pages of text in search of the needle of a question that someone might have overlooked.

Thirdly and most importantly, have you ever thought about the people coming here looking for answers? Do you imagine they will want to wade through what by now are slightly over sixty posts, looking for answers to their question? I know I wouldn't want to. Furthermore, we often point people to the search function, IMO rightly so. Have you ever stopped to think how a thread such as this one would work with the search function?

It's already difficult enough to find a specific information in a thread dedicated to one single question, but what about this one then?!

It's already difficult enough to know what a thread is about if it doesn't have well chosen enough a subject -- this here is just bull****.

What an ignorant statement. The whole purpose of this thread is for people to be able to ask quick questions without having to start a new thread and thus spare others from having to see the first page of the forum filled with questions like "Where are the manhunters?". This is not supposed to work with the search function as people can always ask questions that are already answered earlier incurring little extra trouble.

This thread is not trying to provide a repository of reference for every possible question. The whole point is that the discussion is mainly between the asker and the answerer and others need not care if the question doesn't interest them. In various other game forums these kind of threads have quickly grown to be over 100 pages. The point is that only the last page is always relevant. These threads have proved highly useful and this particular one has already helped many.

New Question:

Is there a way to replace any vassals? I made Ymira into a vassal by accident and I'd rather replace her with Rolf.

Also, how high does my RTR need to be that kingdoms ally me (Trade/etc) My RTR is around 51.

thx!

editL another one,

How can you recruit other lords in preexisting factions to join you? I already have a high relation to them, but the option doesn't come up. Do I have to be at war with the faction?

Ilwuen said:
What an ignorant statement. The whole purpose of this thread is for people to be able to ask quick questions without having to start a new thread and thus spare others from having to see the first page of the forum filled with questions like "Where are the manhunters?". This is not supposed to work with the search function as people can always ask questions that are already answered earlier incurring little extra trouble.

This thread is not trying to provide a repository of reference for every possible question. The whole point is that the discussion is mainly between the asker and the answerer and others need not care if the question doesn't interest them. In various other game forums these kind of threads have quickly grown to be over 100 pages. The point is that only the last page is always relevant. These threads have proved highly useful and this particular one has already helped many.

How original. IRC in a forum.  :roll:

tyrannicide said:
killer-blead said:
-Bump for notice-

Bump for notice what?

It's not to fit all questions just the minor once which you want answers of real quick. Its also for the people who do not want to start a new thread they can just ask there questions here. We have never told people to stop making threads and post on this thread solely.

Mind spotting the difference between wading 1 thread for a question and the entire forum/board with the search option?

This is not a library where everything is stored. It's just asking a question even if it might be answered before people will get a answer (at least from me) here. It's no more diffrent then starting a new thread about the same question instead of making a thread all you have to do is make a post.

The search function is often hard to figure out for newcomers this can be a easy alternative. This is not meant to replace the search button as you can use it when ever you want. I won't stop you from using it.

Just ask a question and you'll get a answer it doesn't matter if it has been asked before.

The end of your sentence is a personal opinion which I will not be talking back to since I will be unable to convince you otherwise. How ever opinions may be diffrent we I will still be here answering the question to people who do not mind posting here.
On a side note:
This is just a Ask and Answer thread it doesn't need a specific subject.

Edit to answer question without double posting.

PikKirby said:
New Question:

Is there a way to replace any vassals? I made Ymira into a vassal by accident and I'd rather replace her with Rolf.

Also, how high does my RTR need to be that kingdoms ally me (Trade/etc) My RTR is around 51.

thx!

edit another one,

How can you recruit other lords in preexisting factions to join you? I already have a high relation to them, but the option doesn't come up. Do I have to be at war with the faction?
After promoting a companion to a noble you are unable to turn it back. You can how ever if you want to get rid of her indicate her for treason and banish her from your faction.

If you want to take her back to your party.. well there is not really a way to do that unless you got a saved version of your game from before you turned her into a noble.

If you mean by trade the caravans that are travelling from town to town that happens automatically but if the faction is at war with you then they will attack your caravans so they tend to go to which ever faction your not at war with.

Trade is not a matter of RtR but of peace.

I, personally, find these threads quite useful.  They're useful in that they specifically relate to questions about the game, not the intricacies of mods, or any of the other things people post on this whole forum for.  So, if I have a question about something like honour rating and how to increase it, I can simply search this thread for that, knowing that if I do I won't find what I did before I posted here, a bunch of mod threads that have the word 'honour' in it..

As for other games, Dwarf Fortress has one that was 60ish pages - not posts - last I checked (a while ago), and I find it useful to peruse because sometimes people ask questions I wouldn't have thought of asking.

And on top of all that, it means that people asking silly/pointless questions (but ignorant of its silliness) will ask it here, instead of having 30 threads asking how to find companions.  It's a win-win and if you don't like it, don't read it - it's one thread rather than dozens.

Jhoosier said:
As for other games, Dwarf Fortress has one that was 60ish pages - not posts - last I checked (a while ago), and I find it useful to peruse because sometimes people ask questions I wouldn't have thought of asking.

Don't EVEN get me started on Dwarf Fortress. I want to badly to like that game but... Jesus. It's SO hard to get into, even with the tutorials people have made. I'm not a graphics whore by any stretch of the imagination but... when I first read about DF over at SA I was really excited to play it, but I just can't get into that game at all. In the end, it was simple: BHunterSEAL cancels play; interrupted by bug.

On-topic: this thread is great because it keeps the forum from getting filled up with single-question threads, and can help provide new (or even experienced) players with answers to questions very limited in scope. No sense in complaining about it.

I have a general strategy question: What do you guys do for money/EXP/Renown in early-midgame? You know, once you've got a decent  party that still can't take on Lords, but can crush any bandit party that comes your way. I find it very difficult to move beyond this stage and get to a point where I can take out Lords one-on-one, and even harder to move on from being able to do that to being able to take castles. Even since the original my only option has really been to tag along with allied lords or go on campaign, but that can be extremely unreliable.

BHunterSEAL said:
Jhoosier said:

Don't EVEN get me started on Dwarf Fortress. I want to badly to like that game but... Jesus. It's SO hard to get into, even with the tutorials people have made. I'm not a graphics whore by any stretch of the imagination but... when I first read about DF over at SA I was really excited to play it, but I just can't get into that game at all. In the end, it was simple: BHunterSEAL cancels play; interrupted by bug.

On-topic: this thread is great because it keeps the forum from getting filled up with single-question threads, and can help provide new (or even experienced) players with answers to questions very limited in scope. No sense in complaining about it.

I have a general strategy question: What do you guys do for money/EXP/Renown in early-midgame? You know, once you've got a decent  party that still can't take on Lords, but can crush any bandit party that comes your way. I find it very difficult to move beyond this stage and get to a point where I can take out Lords one-on-one, and even harder to move on from being able to do that to being able to take castles. Even since the original my only option has really been to tag along with allied lords or go on campaign, but that can be extremely unreliable.
I never liked dwarvenfortress either. I'm not easily complaining about graphics but I do have some standards.

About your question:
You can try keeping a small and mobile army. Keep some elite troops preferable cavalry because that will increase your speed on the worldmap. Go around trading, raiding caravans or have tournaments for money and some renown. And if you see a lord battling another try to help out.

You might not be able to beat a lord party singlehanded but that should not stop you from joining the faction you like. Just keep out of the wars and watch out for warparty's. It can be very handy to join a faction as you can keep track of party's to increase you renown. You can also (in times of war) ask the lord for a task, If he says he does not have a task he will sometimes reply "But if the spoils of war is what you seek you should go to [villagename] enemy warparty's has been sighted there" that way you can avoid those places or look for lords battling there to help them out.

Ilwuen said:
What is a Dwarf Fortress :grin:?

And btw, killer, without guys like you, these kind of threads would never work. Thanks!

Dwarf Fortress (DF) is a bit hard to describe to people that have never played it. Basically, it's a Roguelike (aka PERMADEATH)/adventure sim that is basically (if not absolutely) impossible to beat. It is also a completely free game, available from the developers' website. You have to command your dwarves to do everything they need to do to survive, i.e. excavate, farm, sleep, eat, fight, chop wood, etc. As far as I know, no one has ever "won". You simply try to survive for as long as possible. In addition, it is extremely difficult to newcomers as it has an INSANELY DIFFICULT learning curve, as well as only ASCII graphics.

I would not recommend even trying this game unless you are an extreme hardcore gamer, or into masochistic behavior.

Seriously, don't do it. Or, if you do, don't say I didn't warn you.

I play a lot of roguelikes and other retardedly difficult games like DF. That's why M&B seems easy to me.  :cool:

I'm only half joking.  :mrgreen:

Ilwuen said:
What is a Dwarf Fortress :grin:?

And btw, killer, without guys like you, these kind of threads would never work. Thanks!
I still need to learn a lot but I'm happy to share every information that I find/know.

Other people are ofcourse also very welcome to answer questions or correct me when you have a better answer.

Thank you for the compliment, KB

How do I use a manor?

I built it, but it doesn't show up anywhere in my village controls

Thanks in advance.

Mikaleon

Mikaleon said:
How do I use a manor?

I built it, but it doesn't show up anywhere in my village controls

Thanks in advance.

Mikaleon
When you've built a manor it will not show up when entering the town, However you will get the option enabled to "wait some time" in the village this will also reduce the wage you pay for your party just like when your waiting in a castle or town.

Waiting in a village will cost you nothing as it is your own village.

Ilwuen said:
Mikaleon said:
ah thanks

Don't build it, its useless :grin:

Well, it's not completely useless if you don't have a castle or town as you don't have to pay to stay there, which isn't that much anyway, but doesn't a manor also allow you to pay your soldiers half-pay when you're staying there?  I'm too lazy to time it even had I built a manor.  So I guess it's mostly useless, probably not worth building.

Here's my next question:  As marshall of the realm I tried to collect my forces to take a nearby castle.  I started the gather forces messages when I was at the border, and even after waiting a few days only the two nearest lords had shown up.  Is there a range for this?  Because of this lackluster turnout, I resigned the marshallship and about a week later the new marshal had most of the lords of the realm following him.  I really don't want to wait 2 weeks for every lazy lord to get off his duff and turn up.

Also, is there a way to modify how long the marshal's summons last?  4 days isn't long enough for me to hunt down the marshal, and sometimes he's had his forces reduced from fighting and he runs faster than I can.

From Monnikje's AAR I understand that he's going around telling the lords to follow how and he does that every few times so they don't go astray. You can try this, From what I've heared it's working.

Back
Top Bottom