-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there any consistency between games with the various noble personalities?  Just playing a long 3 year game and gotten to recognise which nobles tend to be like what and I wondered if the various characteristics are randomised when the game is generated..

Foot said:
Is there any consistency between games with the various noble personalities?  Just playing a long 3 year game and gotten to recognise which nobles tend to be like what and I wondered if the various characteristics are randomised when the game is generated..
Yes, I believe that they are randomly generated, because I always find them different when I start out a new game.

So i've kicked everyone's ass, found my own kingdom and conquered nearly all of the opposed lands.
But now I've changed my mind. I want to lose my kingdom, allow my enemy to conquer few (ideally - everything!) castles and towns, but it can't - it's to weak.

Any ways to 'abolish' my own kingdom or at least make my enemies stronk'er?

...or perhaps kick out any lords you have and remove garrisons from everywhere (but a place for you to call home!). You'd have a tough time getting people to like you again though :smile:

jacobhinds said:
You can join another kingdom, iirc.
And all my lands will become a part of it's kingdom?

If so, I will become its vassal and then be able to release myself from the oath and then found my own kingdom again, right?

negatrev said:
...or perhaps kick out any lords you have and remove garrisons from everywhere (but a place for you to call home!). You'd have a tough time getting people to like you again though :smile:
Thought about it too. But several lords have abandoned Calradia forever already. If I kick them out, they might follow their path. I don't want to end up in a Calrdia with 4 lords in total.

trueten said:
And all my lands will become a part of it's kingdom?

If so, I will become its vassal and then be able to release myself from the oath and then found my own kingdom again, right?

I doubt it. Releasing from vassalship means you lose your fiefs. Rebelling on the other hand (when you refuse to give up a fief you've captured) would make you an enemy but you'd keep everything you own.
I haven't tried this, but I assume that when you pledge to a king, you keep your fiefs, so it should work.

Foot said:
The top 8 lords of a faction are always the same, the rest are random.
That's why guys like Count Haringoth are always douches.

@trueten
If you send an emissary to become a vassal you'll still be lord of all the fiefs you currently own (those with your flag on it).
If you want to lose those castles/towns before you join a new king just empty the garrisons. Soon enough somebody will grab those fiefs.

So the easiest route is to join a new king by sending an emissary, then ask to be released of your oath by talking to your new king. You will be stripped of all of your lands.

Just be aware that you when you restart your kingdom you're actually just reviving the old one. All the decision you took at the start of your previous kingdom will still be in place when you restart it, like its name for example.

I finally conquered Calradia about a week ago. I got the golden throne achievement. Everything was good.

However, I found King Yarogleck near one of my castles. His party colour was grey (like bandits). He had a decently big army, but it was no match for me. I killed his army, but he got away. After the battle, the game told me: "Kingdom of SAUS has declared war on Commoners". The flag for the commoners was the same as my own banner (which is my kingdom's banner). I laughed and ignored it. I was emptying all the garrisons on the map so that I could take all the fiefs for myself and see how much money I get. All of the lords in the game had left the realm except for Count Nuwas, who was a prisoner in Dhirim.

Anyway, I kept getting the message "small bands of enemies spotted near Praven". I checked it out and there was nothing there. I thought the game had really broken itself this time. A while later, it said that "Praven is under siege by the King Yarogleck of Commoners". I went and checked it out. The garrison was empty, so he sieged it by himself. His party was just him. I chased him down and KOd him about 5 times before capturing him. While he was wounded, his party was invisible, it seemed, but could still signal the warning messages for me. I tried to let him capture a castle to see what would happen, but after 3 weeks of waiting, he never actually took it. I eventually caught him and dumped him into the Dhirim dungeon with Sanjar Khan, and King Ragnar.

Anyway, can anyone make anything of this? Has anyone experienced this kind of silliness before?

Similar thing happened to me but in sword of damocles , i wanted to play with imperial legion and conquer calradia , but before I joined i had a little kingdom , and after i joined Imperial legion and let them conquer everything i saw that on map everything was red except ismirala castle who was grey , and it says Centurion McCandish which is my name , and i decided to go in and i saw two guards and myself betwen them ! it was two me !

TwoSeveral unrelated questions, if anyone can help:

1.  I've seen passing reference to a bug in the newest version of WB in which all the lords leave Calradia?  Can someone clarify this?  Is it inevitable or can it be avoided?  What's the most stable version of WB to use?

2.  I've searched for this one, but have only come up with very old threads with lots of speculation and no hard facts:  When making companions into lords, what equipment are they given if you don't bother changing theirs?  Can giving them equipment with a higher AR prevent them from being assigned new equipment?  Does this extend to helmets, gloves, and boots?  What about horses?

Thanks in advance!

ON EDIT:  Oh, and what kinds of troops do the different companions generate as lords?  I know the obvious ones like Matheld generating Nord troops and Baheshtur generating Khergit, but what about Lezalit and Rolf?  Or Nizar, out of curiosity (I'm not making him a lord, but still)?

JosieJ said:
1.  I've seen passing reference to a bug in the newest version of WB in which all the lords leave Calradia?  Can someone clarify this?  Is it inevitable or can it be avoided?  What's the most stable version of WB to use?

Yes, it is a problem. It is not inevitable though. I played with Swadia and was 'blitzing' the map, with a few of my friends. I took stock and found there were only seven lords in Swadia, though we controlled 1/3rds of the map. I was getting offered almost every fife that came up, and when I declined they were going to either the marshal or king. I solved the problem by rebelling and it was easy to crush Swadia with only two real lords.

I have played other games as Rhodok, Khergit and Vaegir with no such problem. I think it had to do with my 'blitz' of the map and refusing the fifes. It broke something in the fife distribution system and everyone got pissed off at the king. The Swadian game was played on low difficulty, while the others were played on max difficulty.

I hear 1.143 is the most stable for single player. I play on 1.160 though, and I think it is easier to play as king yourself but harder to play as a vassal -- both in conquering the whole map. As king(or queen) I have found it is easier to persuade lords to defect, and more come calling. This may be the other side of the above 'bug' -- because I remember it was damn near impossible to recruit lords in earlier versions?

2.  I've searched for this one, but have only come up with very old threads with lots of speculation and no hard facts:  When making companions into lords, what equipment are they given if you don't bother changing theirs?  Can giving them equipment with a higher AR prevent them from being assigned new equipment?  Does this extend to helmets, gloves, and boots?  What about horses?

I have always seen them only with the armor, weapons, and mounts I have given them. Never tested it though.

ON EDIT:  Oh, and what kinds of troops do the different companions generate as lords?  I know the obvious ones like Matheld generating Nord troops and Baheshtur generating Khergit, but what about Lezalit and Rolf?  Or Nizar, out of curiosity (I'm not making him a lord, but still)?

Bash = Khergit
Fire = Swadian
Matheld = Nord
Alayen = Vaegir
Bunduk = Rhodok

Per the coding in the module system.

All the rest will raise troops depending on the fifes you give them. I think they stay with the culture of the first fife you give them, though I have never checked this.

Thanks for the answer, Ivan Khan.

Ivan Khan said:
I hear 1.143 is the most stable for single player. I play on 1.160 though, and I think it is easier to play as king yourself but harder to play as a vassal -- both in conquering the whole map. As king(or queen) I have found it is easier to persuade lords to defect, and more come calling. This may be the other side of the above 'bug' -- because I remember it was damn near impossible to recruit lords in earlier versions?

Hmm, this could be why I was having such a problem finishing up my "play as a loyal vassal" series after I had to replace my computer.  I had been playing with 1.134 (and you're right, it was very tough to persuade lords to defect), but I blew up my computer--and my hard drive with it--and I had to download a newer version of the game when I replaced it.  I think I'm on 1.158, or whatever the version right before 1.160 is.

At any rate, I'd gotten bored with the "loyal vassal" series and am now trying to conquer Calradia without ever having been a vassal at all, so maybe I can sneak away without too many problems.

Ivan Khan said:

Bash = Khergit
Fire = Swadian
Matheld = Nord
Alayen = Vaegir
Bunduk = Rhodok

Per the coding in the module system.

All the rest will raise troops depending on the fifes you give them. I think they stay with the culture of the first fife you give them, though I have never checked this.

Good to know!  Thanks!

JosieJ said:
Hmm, this could be why I was having such a problem finishing up my "play as a loyal vassal" series after I had to replace my computer.  I had been playing with 1.134 (and you're right, it was very tough to persuade lords to defect), but I blew up my computer--and my hard drive with it--and I had to download a newer version of the game when I replaced it.  I think I'm on 1.158, or whatever the version right before 1.160 is.

At any rate, I'd gotten bored with the "loyal vassal" series and am now trying to conquer Calradia without ever having been a vassal at all, so maybe I can sneak away without too many problems.

I advise picking vassals carefully. I think the change that is causing the above 'bug' is they allowed a max of -5 relations for a king giving out a fife, and reduced max benefit to +2. Disposing of fifes in the least harmful way becomes very important.

As for companions I have found made good vassals that would be Rolf, Fire & Bash. Fire was just loyal. Had a max 100 relations with him when I finished. As for Rolf and Bash, cunning lords can always be persuaded, and they have the best AI personality.

Rolf was my marshal. He did a good job of it. I would take several vassals with me to make an attack. Rolf would take those who responded to the call and would pick the most appropriate castle or town to attack. Even got to the point I could jump ahead one town or castle, and when I finished the siege he would be leading the army to take the castle or town I had bypassed. Cunning is defiantly the best personality for an AI Marshall.

As for Bash, he was cunning too. I would leave him behind guarding the realm. As he recruited Kergits he had an all cavalry army that moved fast. He was aggressive in attacking raiding parties, but smart enough to avoid being beaten.

I did not have luck with Math, Alalyn, Nazi, Bunbuk, or Lezlit. Math just stayed away, never joined a fight. Al got disgruntled. Bunduk was like Math. Lezlit betrayed me and took one of my castles over to the enemy. Les took massive relation hits every time I gave out a fife, unless he got it.

In the next game I found and hired Lezlit. I mounted him on a swatbacked stumper, put him in a pink dress, gave him a wooden stick,  and set him adrift to troll the taverns that way.  :lol:

Did not see this topic when I posted my original question thread, hopefully I will get some answers here:

So I got Warband about 3 weeks ago and have fallen in love, etc etc you've all heard that before its a great game.  Anyways, the point of  this topic is that I want to marry a particular woman, and unfortunately, I made the mistake of confessing my admiration for her before speaking to her father.  I have 43 relation points with the father but if I bring up marriage he gets irritated at me and asks me to never speak of the subject again, conferring a -1 rep point with him.  While I have continued to sneak in and meet her, (our relation is at about 25+) I would prefer to not elope, besides I am not sure of what the negative consequences of eloping is anyhow.  Is it possible to ever get her fathers support or am I screwed?  I have searched the interwebs extensively for the answer and either it isn't there or I am completely fail at internet searches.  If there has already been a topic created about this same issue feel free to link it to me instead of spending your time writing a response yourself, thanks everyone.

Dabclipers said:
Did not see this topic when I posted my original question thread, hopefully I will get some answers here:

So I got Warband about 3 weeks ago and have fallen in love, etc etc you've all heard that before its a great game.  Anyways, the point of  this topic is that I want to marry a particular woman, and unfortunately, I made the mistake of confessing my admiration for her before speaking to her father.  I have 43 relation points with the father but if I bring up marriage he gets irritated at me and asks me to never speak of the subject again, conferring a -1 rep point with him.  While I have continued to sneak in and meet her, (our relation is at about 25+) I would prefer to not elope, besides I am not sure of what the negative consequences of eloping is anyhow.  Is it possible to ever get her fathers support or am I screwed?  I have searched the interwebs extensively for the answer and either it isn't there or I am completely fail at internet searches.  If there has already been a topic created about this same issue feel free to link it to me instead of spending your time writing a response yourself, thanks everyone.

I think it is a -10 hit to relations when you elope.

It has never happened to me, but I think that a quarrelsome or debauched Lord may hold the grudge.

Also check if there is another suitor? If there is and he has higher renown the father will not approve. Fix this by getting more renown.  Or, you can wait and  he may give up (or marry her).

JosieJ said:
I'm interested to know how you would go about accomplishing this. Especially getting that first castle/town and then defending it without any help.

bonez899 said:
I'm wondering where to find the tweak that makes it so troops you recruit from villages are those of the faction that owns the village, and if necessary another tweak to make it so that the player faction has it's own custom troop tree. I am willing to create the troop tree in the troops.txt but I want the tweak to be done.

I also am looking for how to do this... I know it is possible but I have forgotten how it was to be done....

Nameless_Terror said:
bonez899 said:
I'm wondering where to find the tweak that makes it so troops you recruit from villages are those of the faction that owns the village, and if necessary another tweak to make it so that the player faction has it's own custom troop tree. I am willing to create the troop tree in the troops.txt but I want the tweak to be done.

I also am looking for how to do this... I know it is possible but I have forgotten how it was to be done....

Check out our Forge Board, if you do a search you should find how to do it there. You need to make some changes to the module_game_menus and module_scripts files. Find recruit_volunteers. You could add a second or even all six recruits, so you could hire whichever you like. Yu could also ass  (eq,"$players_kingdom","fac_kingdom_1"), to each line to only make it available to the specified faction.

Then go to scripts and put in the troops you want to recruit. This thread is a little off point but gives you the basic idea of what you need to change.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,222286.msg5331857.html

Back
Top Bottom