-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

The riding skill  also changes how responsive to your commands the horse is, as well.  It'll start up, slow down, turn and stop more quickly, as well as reach a greater top speed.  If you know you are soon going to increase your riding skill and want to move up to a warhorse, buy a lame one (it'll cost less than one in good health), keep it in your inventory for about a week, and it'll be healed when  you are ready-
  Also note that if a spirited or champion horse is lamed in battle, it will heal as well... but it will be a normal horse when healed...

TA

Note that you have to put your lamed horse in your inventory for it to heal, and the healing chance is based on your Wound Treatment skill.

A Stubborn horse will be as fast as a regular one since that modifier does not affect the speed of the horse, it only impacts the riding skill requirement and its hit points. 
But as others have said, your riding skill impacts the actual riding speed of the horse.

I have a quest i got from a lord. "Denounce the lord privately". But i cant acces him in private. Him and another lord have stayed in the same castle for 230 days. How do i get them out? I have negative relations with him so i cant ask him to follow me either.

I'm playing the acok mod, and something happened that made me have -8 relation with all towns and villages and I can't recruit. Is there any cheat or tweak mb to allow me to recruit now? Is there a cheat that changes relations with all towns and villages? Is there a tweak that allows me to recruit despite -8 relation?

You can go to the villages and talk to village master (can't remember the name now) and ask him if he needs help, complete the quests and your relation with the village will increase. I never played acok mod but I believe this works.

PTWarrior said:
You can go to the villages and talk to village master (can't remember the name now) and ask him if he needs help, complete the quests and your relation with the village will increase. I never played acok mod but I believe this works.
I don't have the time to do that for all villages. Is there a chest to increase relations with a town/village?

In warband people only marry once. You can only marry their daughters.
About the villages, with debug mode on you can increase your relation with the lords of those villages by talking to them but that's only for lords, not villages nor their master.

Chazshepherd said:
PTWarrior said:
In warband people only marry once. You can only marry their daughters.
About the villages, with debug mode on you can increase your relation with the lords of those villages by talking to them but that's only for lords, not villages nor their master.
Ok so she can't remarry? Is there any way I can change their relation via text file or something? I need the reach on my side.

I hear this question at least 10 times a day, but no, you cannot make ladies remarry. Not even through the text files.

I am Vaegir.

My Town (Halmar) is being besieged by the bulk of the Sultanate Army. I was traveling to meet the Vaegir Marshal when the notification came through. While in the field I encountered three separate Emirs, the smallest party being 80.

As a result, my standing force is down to half its strength, and I've been shoring up shortfalls in my Vaegir army using local Khanate recruits. Halmar only has a 70 Man Garrison, but that Garrison includes 5 Swadian Knights, 10 Rhodok Sergent, and a compliment of Nord Warriors.

I'm down to 30 men, the majority of whom are very much "Walking wounded" (14 ready for battle).

My two options are thus:

Ride Halmar down in flames or gut the Garrison and flee with the choicest units to strike at the Sultanate. Halmar is going to fall regardless - the armies at my door are 200 strong. I'm just curious if there's anything else I can really do. Vaegir took in all the orphaned Khanate Noyans when they conquered their lands, so I really don't want to compete with other Boyars for lands. I expect no assistance, as my lovely Marshal is assembling our forces clear on the opposite side of the Sultanate to hit Ahmerrad in four days as opposed to the Sultanate which are hitting Halmar now.

If I flee, there's no way the revenue from Sultus and two Breweries (Assuming the one in Halmar survives the siege) can support a force of Swadian Knights, Rhodoks Sergeants, Nord Warriors, and Vaegirs Marksmen, Guards, and Knights.

Is there another option open to me that lets me keep Halmar? Can I defect to the Sultanate, perhaps? (Swadia-held Narra is between me and the Vaegir controlled Steppes, and Rhodok controls the castle beyond Halmar)

If it helps, I've only begun to cultivate relations in Vaegirs, and the King isn't too thrilled with me that I took it upon myself to end the Khanate as a governing body (Sanjar Khan was just SITTING there with ten guys and nowhere to go!).

In Hindsight, I wish I hadn't done that.

Į have a minister my wife in my first conquered town but she don't have that option to make my kingdom one vasal of my to marshal. I also tried to chanche my wife into one of my companion but they also don't have that option. So i forgot to mention i married my wife than i was another faction vassal but than i decided to creat my own kingdom she traveled from my sultanate fief halmar to my new kingdom first town ichamur so i don't know maybe she don't have that option after going to another town .i don't know what to do is there a bug or something becouse after my wife traveled to ichamur she also can't to do a fiest i buy a lot of food to storehouse and fiest going 2 hours and no one lord come but i don't need to pay for fiest and after 2 hour (game time hours not in real life) i gain 90 renown for nothing maybe there is a glich?
Plz help me about these two questions :?:

hi,

I bought this game in the steam sale...and what can I say, I'm blown away. Amazing game, it seems to combine all my favourite game types into one.

I've been looking for answers to my many questions on the mount and blade wiki. And found alot of good information.

But I still can't find answers to certain things.  Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

First I should point out that I'm playing at poor Ai level. And I'm using the Floris enhanced mod.

1 If I choose to plan my battle I get taken to a tactics page - is there an explanation somewhere about how this page works? I can't see how any of that effects what actually happens during the battle. In the battle I give orders via the function keys...but the strange presets on the tactics page don't make much sense to me.

2 is it possible to pause a battle and give orders (like in TW) is it always real time? Is there a mod for it?

3 l read somewhere that it is possible to set a unit way points in a battle. Is it, and if so how?

4. Is there a limit to the number of units that are allowed on a battle field. I have a base army of 50. Sometimes I'm fairly sure that they're all on the field before the battle begins - other times some of them appear later (usually when I'm joining somebody in a battle). I find this particularly annoying,  I'd be much more effective tactically if I got all my troops at once and could set them up properly at the start. And not suddenly receive reinforcements

5. Do your cavalry troops not appear at all in sieges ? Not even dismounted? Mine didn't seem to appear (or was that because of a limit to troop numbers?)

6. Something funny seems to be going on with my stats. For instance, l was able to take 20 prisoners a couple of weeks ago. Suddenly it seems to have dropped to 15. l dont understand why it has dropped? Whats affecting the number of prisoners l can take? l thought it depended on my personal skill level. My skill level is 3 -so that's logically 15. So did I have a boost from something that is no longer boosting?

7. My riding stat skill number is a red colour - I think I have full health? Why is it red, what does it mean? Am I carrying an injury?

8. is there a "pick up all" button for your inventory. l know heroes pick up everything but is there a shortcut for the player to do it?

6. how to get your income to be stable? So l have built a dye works in various cities. When the kingdom I am a vassal of is at war with the kingdoms which own the cities l lose the dye income. I've been trying to spread them about, but it's still pretty unstable. ONe month my income might be 2000, next week it could drop to 1000.
Is there nothing I can do about this, short of not being a vassal?
When I go for my own kingdom I guess I have to make sure l only fight one kingdom at a time? Or is there another way of securing a regular income?

7. What size of army do l should I have before l make my  move for glory? (I realise it sort of depends on troop type and level- but say with top level troops -at poor AI)

8 Do l really need nobles and why? l Find the political shenanigans with them the least enjoyable part of the game. I read that having good relations with a couple will help me when I set up my kingdom - why? And do I have to go to all that conversation interaction stuff, "Let's support each other"? It bores me

9.If I repeatedly annoy one of my heroes- by repeatedly doing something they don't like - how does it effect my party? Is the only bad side that the hero might leave? Or is there more to it?

Thanks in advance for your help. Awesome game. I just wish I understand more of the details than I do.

2. Nope, all realtime
3. Nope
4. Limit due to the fact that no computer yet built can handle warband combat. Increase the limit by pumping up your tactics skill (better ratio) or turning up the battle size limit in the options menu.
5. They appear dismounted.
7. Floris has an injury system iirc.
8. Not in native. Can't remember about floris though.
(Then you go back to 6 for some reason)
6. Income is never stable. The worldwide economy fluctuates quite a bit depending on how much destruction and/or banditry there is.
7. When your army is larger than a lord, you have no excuse not to beat him if you use even rudimentary tactics. Anything more than 100 and you're an unstoppable pain train in most mods.
8. I'm guessing you're not a fan of crusader kings :razz: but seriously being onside with at least some lords is essential in late game.
9. He can leave, that's about it.

jacobhinds said:
8. I'm guessing you're not a fan of crusader kings :razz: but seriously being onside with at least some lords is essential in late game.
:grin: Nope, my least favourite game. Sigh, I'll guess I'll have to suck it up for the fun of everything else in the game.

Thanks for taking the time to write answers.

ONe thing you didn't answer was my question about my fluctuating prisoner limit - it might be something due to Floris. Can my prisoner limit be boosted above the skill level limit in native?

I don't know, i must've played floris for about a week before the technicolour grass and insane scene loading times put me off. But I'd assume it's some sort of modifier that goes after a period of time. Bear in mind though that some skills (the ones marked "party skill") stack up to a maximum of 14 if you have companions with you. Never any need to go that scarily far, however. With tactics 14, wound treatment 14, pathfinding 14 and surgery 14, you're practically the final boss of the game.

Greasy Dave said:
ONe thing you didn't answer was my question about my fluctuating prisoner limit - it might be something due to Floris. Can my prisoner limit be boosted above the skill level limit in native?
Floris has a system where having certain troops give you a boost to specific skills. Check their Floris wiki for the details.

If I remember it right having Manhunters (or any troops in that line) will increase your Prisoner Management skill. And it's the number of healthy troops, so sometimes you get fluctuations due to injured troops.

3. You can set a position by holding F1, a flag will appear, and troops will hold at the designated spot. But you can't give waypoints in the sense of a path to follow.

4. The Battle Size in the options sets the overall limit of troops on the battlefield. The remaining troops appear in waves of reinforcements after the side has suffered enough casualties in the battle.
If your computer can handle it you can increase that to over the 150 limit, but going too high will make sieges scene overcrowded. Around 300 is a nice upper limit.

8. Having friendly lords is pretty crucial when you want to have your own faction since they make for better vassals. But you don't need to get too involved, just talk to them after big battles and sieges so that you can get the increase in relations.
The fun really starts after you become king.

It is possible to pause the battle but impossible to give comands while paused.
Open the game and before clicking in 'Play Mount&Blade' click in 'Configure' and then 'Enable cheats'. Later when you're in a battle what you need to do is click in CTRL and F11 at the same time and the battle will pause. You can also put it in slowmotion with CTRL+F9. To back to normal just need to do the same.

PTWarrior said:
It is possible to pause the battle but impossible to give comands while paused.
Open the game and before clicking in 'Play Mount&Blade' click in 'Configure' and then 'Enable cheats'. Later when you're in a battle what you need to do is click in CTRL and F11 at the same time and the battle will pause. You can also put it in slowmotion with CTRL+F9. To back to normal just need to do the same.

Thanks I might try that.

Is there a preview screen where I can see details about the number of troops the AI will bring into a battle and how many troops in each wave?

Before my battles it tells me I have x soldiers vs y Ai soldiers...but I've been caught out a number of times by the number and timing of AI reinforcement waves. I might know I can expect 60 soldiers against me, but I don't know if they're going to come in 3 groups of 20 or 2 groups of 30. If you see what I mean. Is there a screen where this information is given?

I found a screen where I think I was able to change the number of my own troops on the battlefield at a single time - though playing with it, I haven't seen much of a difference, so I'm not sure if I have increased them.

A couple of questions.

THe marshal is besieging a town. He asks me to get some cattle. I can turn him down, sure. But when I accept, and steal some cattle from a village, how am I supposed to get them back to him. I tried slaughtering them and talking to the marshal but the quest wouldn't complete itself.

I was only given the option, I'm still working on it, or I can't do it. I'm not seriously supposed to drive those stupid things across the map am I? I gave it a try and gave up after they wandered off towards the enemy king's army :smile:

The other thing is, allegedly, the marshal's army is besieging the town. I'd like to speed things up and start the assault but when I talk to the marshall I can't find the option, about letting me lead an assault.

Is the marshal bugged? It's the second time he set me a quest and I couldn't finish it (the first was scouting some villages)

2. recently I had was offered a few thousand gold pieces for a noble I was holding prisoner. It wrote that the gold went to the treasury. My treasury? Or the king's? Because the gold never showed up in my accounts.

3. My fief was captured by the enemy. I got a message that it would cost me 4000 gold and the money would be taken from my treasury. But I didn't lose any money? Is that a bug-  was it a message meant for the king? I didn't actually hold the castle, just the village attached to it.

1 - If it is like native the cattle will run away from you so you must try to get it near the marshall driving it from behind until you get near him.
You can't lead the attack, you must wait until the army enters the castle. You can press and hold CTRL+space while in the world map to speed time.
And no, the marshall isn't bugged.

2 - I never played Floris but I've seen on youtube some videos of the mod and I believe the treasury is like something where you put your gold (or where it goes) without carrying it while traveling and I think you can only access it from you castle's chest (or maybe somewhere else, I don't know). Oh, and the treasury is always yours.

3 - It was only taken from your "chests", not from the money you're carrying along with you. It's not a bug, it's because of the mod you're playing.

Back
Top Bottom