OSP Medieval 3D Art Narf's Transitional Armour Pack (Updated 07/19/10)

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, I may someday get back to the western European stuff, but for now I'm going to produce a few more eastern items.  When I have a few more things, I'll release a pack. 

Spongly said:
Narf, if it would be acceptable, I think the mod Brytenwalda would be glad to have a beautiful Coppergate helm like that, and it would perfectly fit the timescale...

You'll need to get permission from the vikingr team (or Rath0s).  I may release that at some later time, but for the time being it's theirs.

And another Rus helm- the 'Tagancha' helm, based off a reconstruction by Thorkil:

Narf of Picklestink said:
And another Rus helm- the 'Tagancha' helm, based off a reconstruction by Thorkil:
Nice helmet Narf! I'm looking forward to your next release. :grin:

I've been playing XIII Century: Blood of Europe lately, and I think the game does a pretty damn fine job at portraying the equipment of various soldiers - especially Lituanians and Russians. That's why I'm posting some screens of the game to show off some of the soldiers:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Note the heavy Varangian lamellar armour on the Russian cavalry - a piece of armour I've always wanted to see in Warband. :eek:

Rath0s said:
Yes it's called mirror, krug, zertsalo, whatever you prefer,
MS_Ottoman_armour_B.jpg
KrugRus17thc.jpg
I think it's allready disscused some pages ago??

Meh, if you want russian theme, Kuyak is way to go (to be fair, i've seen armor like this mostly on european soldiers, if i remember correctly it was closely linked with Normans from italy. I don't know Rus armor history well, but you can make educated guess they used this kind of armor, so go for it) .

Semi decent link is http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/Armor/armordef.html

@Zimke: why not bechter ? It's also nice type of armor.

Kuyak ?
Kuyak_tn.jpg

Metal plates riveted to leather or canvas ? In native terminology it fit both Rhodoks and Vaegirs, and is cool looking cheap armor with padding, and decent mid tier with mail. If i remember right there was sleeveless version too, but i have to check it out.

Yea I second the wolfs' fur idea.
Narf of Picklestink said:
Yeah, I was considering doing one of these maybe:
INT-RA11-14-3.jpg
russkii_dospeh_14vek.jpg

The first being a kuyak.
Nice selection! The second one looks like some sort of kuyak but i may be mistaking, I tried to do something simmilar like second pic, aiming to do kuyak of course, it didn't ended to good unfortunately:
kuyak.png

PS: I admire your work, you are officially a role model to look upon.

Thank's, but I'm not good at hand painting so I use a lot of Narfs parts of textures for metal and mail parts, image manipulation is my style of work, a lot of faster(lazy) way with some drawback coming by it of course.

I guess some of you might have expected me to do this one eventually.  It's pretty much a must-have for any pack containing Rus items, I think.

Still ironing out some of the finer details, but overall it's about done.  And I think now maybe I'll actually start on an armour, if I can finally decide which one to do. 

Back
Top Bottom