Screenshot Thread: Post all your Screenies Here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Thought I'd share a couple of screenshots of my playthrough in the newest version.

Seeing some brigands outside around Toulouse, Sieur Guillame starts his charge:
fHNi9TY.jpg

Not having enough time to couch his lance (I ended up forgetting to press x in time in order to get the screenshot and a couple ended up getting some good hits on me), he tramples some under his horse Marron:
2nuFDUz.jpg

Some began to run away:
Bnc9VGB.jpg

Readying the lance:
S9UCMw9.jpg

And a kill! (but the lance broke right after I took the picture):
wOFcSjh.jpg

Finishing with the sword:
4POFM4j.jpg

Three things come to my mind, when watching these screenshots:
1. We need a mod feature where it's easier to take a screenshot (currently, it's Ctrl+Insert, try doing that when you are in the midst of a battle)
2. ThegnAnsgar, if you want a really awesome screenshot, always turn off the battle casualty reports, experience reports and all these other popups that are showing in the lower-left corner of your screen
3. You need new shoes, man :razz:

MihailoSRB said:
Three things come to my mind, when watching these screenshots:
1. We need a mod feature where it's easier to take a screenshot (currently, it's Ctrl+Insert, try doing that when you are in the midst of a battle)
2. ThegnAnsgar, if you want a really awesome screenshot, always turn off the battle casualty reports, experience reports and all these other popups that are showing in the lower-left corner of your screen
3. You need new shoes, man :razz:

1. I just use Steam's f12, and because I have a Razer Naga, I just programmed one of the side buttons as f12. Makes taking a screenshot a little easier.
2. I'll keep that in mind for next time, although I play "Dead is dead", and delete the save when a character "dies" in battle, and Guillame might not make it for the next round...
3. But I like those Rus shoes that Narf made.  :grin:

ThegnAnsgar said:
1. I just use Steam's f12, and because I have a Razer Naga, I just programmed one of the side buttons as f12. Makes taking a screenshot a little easier.
Razer-what?
How do you do that?
I want it too (although I have no Steam).

although I play "Dead is dead", and delete the save when a character "dies" in battle, and Guillame might not make it for the next round...
Very interesting and brave of you.
However, can't you give yourself at least a little ''help''?
For example, if you get defeated in a battle, why does your character need to die?
Can't he be injured?
You know what would be cool?
Play the battle, and if you get knocked out, you throw the dice.
1-3 = You die.
4-6 = You are wounded, and you can continue.

Also, do you always start with a level 1 character or do you have a preexisting high-level character, like most people (including myself) do?

MihailoSRB said:
ThegnAnsgar said:
Razer-what?
How do you do that?

Razer Naga. It's a gaming mouse designed for MMOs so that you can use the skills on the number keys easily, because it has number keys from 1-12 on the left side of the mouse. But I've found it's incredibly useful in other games that use the numbers to switch things (like in shooters), and in Mount and Blade I use it for the F keys (you can have multiple programmable variations which you can switch to on the mouse). I don't always use it for that though and just mainly use it for taking screenshots.

You would be able to program it to take ctrl+insert though.

Here's a link to their website: http://www.razerzone.com/ca-en/gaming-mice/razer-naga/

although I play "Dead is dead", and delete the save when a character "dies" in battle, and Guillame might not make it for the next round...
Very interesting and brave of you.
However, can't you give yourself at least a little ''help''?
For example, if you get defeated in a battle, why does your character need to die?
Can't he be injured?
You know what would be cool?
Play the battle, and if you get knocked out, you throw the dice.
1-3 = You die.
4-6 = You are wounded, and you can continue.

Sometimes I do that. It generally depends on how I'm feeling and how it happens in the battle. If I get a spear impaled through my chest or an axe to the face, I generally consider that to be dead. If I lose all HP from some other kind of attack I'll just decide I'm injured. Never really decided it with a dice roll though. Might be a thing to try out instead (although I might weight it along with the type of attack just so that if I do take a huge axe swing to the head I don't get entirely too lucky with a dice roll).

Also, do you always start with a level 1 character or do you have a preexisting high-level character, like most people (including myself) do?

That depends on what character build I want to do for that particular time I want to play. I do have a high-level character, but I rarely play with him these days. Usually if I'm going to re-use a character, it's only one that's at around level 15 or so, just to give a little bit of a boost to start.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/902133459548008399/1B65AE383C49C3B3149E76063C55EB8D32965B89/
Naval battle.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903259972518071579/C3AC78FDD0004B2252F694C69A4E786B0FA40A5B/
After the battle me and my best friend.

Chronicles of William (of Estonia)
[game is on normal difficulty.][
(I´m not a very big storyteller :neutral: )
William was a smith in Lindanise, however he failed to finish an order of an Axe  from a russian warrior and his employer has thrown him out of the workshop and since he didnt have any source of income he has lost his hut in Lindanise now aswell.

Being a smithy, he has trained with the swords and axes he has made over the year, and is quite skilled with them. after he was kicked out of his home, he immediately went to speak with the Great Elder of Lindanise. However, infront of the Great Hall  , two guarding warriors told him that a commoner can not enter the Hall. William left Lindanise, and started to ride (with a Horse that he had managed to get from a Swedish merchant for the sword he made) and started looking for men who wanted to start their career as a warrior. in a few days he managed to get some good 30 men under his hand, who now started to kill bandits.
l5b1.jpg

8i88.jpg

4zj1.jpg

on the third day William heard some farmers in the vilage of Viljandi that there is a feast in Lindanise. William knew, that with feasts comes tournaments and pitfights, where the best warriors compete for honour and renown. William went to Lindanise with his men. William, knowing his skill with weaponry, made bets on himself. William won the tournament, getting a sum of 3500 ducats thanks to his bets.
william knew, that being the pitfight winner, he can join with the feast. Ofcourse that is what he did, the guards welcomed her. and William entered the Hall, he saw about 8 Elders, including Pokshyaka. William went to him.

To be continued...

What happened then?

MihailoSRB said:
Razer-what?
How do you do that?

It's actually possible to make the Steam overlay (a very nifty tool that allows you to browse the internet while playing games as well as enabling the F12 screenshot which can be assigned to any other key you'd like as well) recognize a non-Steam Warband.

Just open Steam, click Games at the top, Add a Non-Steam Game to my Library, and then browse to and select the mb_warband.exe and then it's added.

It's what I did for my 1.153 version of Warband amd it works great.

ThegnAnsgar said:
Sieur Guillame de Evreux
king of europe said:
William (of Estonia)

There sure are a lot of people playing with a variant of the name William. Heck, even my French character is named Count Guillaume Longardeaux and my Norwegian character is Jarl Vilhelm Vilhelmsen

NikeBG said:
How the heck did that happen? :grin:

Oh the bandit had Ridden up to the top of the steps....When I shot him(with horse) down, that's how they ended up.

I said to myself...I gotta take a selfie.  Arghhh...I'm disgusted with myself for even typing that word.  But I guess it's appropriate.  haha

I like the background music - By The Beautiful Blue Danube.
It is ironic (in a good way) to have that music playing while you watch people slaughtering each other.

Although, it would have looked more cinematic if you turned the annotations off.
It's weird to see things like this in a trailer:
Archer killed by Veteran Footman
Banneret killed by Player

You dealt 67 damage
You gained 24 experience

(I know, I know, every few weeks I mention how I don't like casualty reports - I'm sorry) :razz:

Yeah, it would be much better if those were not there.  I had to edit these out of bigger videos, so you'll have to excuse the kill feed. Hope you enjoyed it. Could be so much better, but hey, it's my first one. I might also post some screenshots as well (expect kill feed).

Back
Top Bottom