Screenshot Thread: Post all your Screenies Here!

Users who are viewing this thread

And if you're too lazy - yes, there is a Serbian faction which naturally has Serbian troops. So definitely check the M&B version out and wait impatiently for the WB port. :wink:
Also, this is the screenshot thread, not discussions and questions one.

Besieging an Almohad fortification in southern Spain.

knyaznezhtsvo3.png

Great screenshot. Besides, the castle is historically accurate for muslim Spain, except the two tall towers with roofs.
But, has your character a two handed sword ?  :???:

That means there were absolutely no two handed swords in the are at the time? I know that Asians were using them, which could've spread to the Mongols, and by extension, Europe. Not widespread, but possibly there.

Feragorn said:
That means there were absolutely no two handed swords in the are at the time? I know that Asians were using them, which could've spread to the Mongols, and by extension, Europe. Not widespread, but possibly there.

And, by extension, Nubia, the Songhays and South Africa? That's not a valid argument.

Besides, two handed Chinese weapons were not anything like Western two-handed swords. Two-handed swords were not deveolped in the Christian West around 1200, but we left them for the character to play "I can buy the most advances war technology of the time". I'm not really against it...

Cèsar de Quart said:
Feragorn said:

And, by extension, Nubia, the Songhays and South Africa? That's not a valid argument.

Besides, two handed Chinese weapons were not anything like Western two-handed swords. Two-handed swords were not deveolped in the Christian West around 1200, but we left them for the character to play "I can buy the most advances war technology of the time". I'm not really against it...

Im not saying that they were everywhere in the world, but that there was continuous military contact with the areas I described.

Feragorn said:
Cèsar de Quart said:
Feragorn said:

Im not saying that they were everywhere in the world, but that there was continuous military contact with the areas I described.

The Mongols weren't even in Crimea, Khwarezm or Persia in 1200. This contact you say existed, but it didn't work that way. If so, military equipment, traditions, techniques and weaponry would be much more uniform in Eurasia, and as you know, it was even amazingly different in France compared to the Empire of the Romans.

Take care!

Thats just stupid. That would make us able to make guns as well, China had gunpowder in 1200 as you know.

Besides, Mongols were nowhere near Europe in 1200.

EDIT: I see Cèsar beat me in speed.

ken i haz rockets? they wur in mediaval total war and dats realy akurate cuz ppl cud travl so id like rockts dat shoot dawn walls and maybe we cud do a bazooka but it wud cost really much cuz its like super hard 2 make! like 3.000 goldz?

dat wud be awesom also id like plate armor 4 lords cuz dey cud afford teh best thank u!

Cruger said:
Thats just stupid. That would make us able to make guns as well, China had gunpowder in 1200 as you know.

Besides, Mongols were nowhere near Europe in 1200.

EDIT: I see Cèsar beat me in speed.
don't want to thunder this discussion (also it's funny to read^^), but i have to correct your statement in one point... guns and gunpowder are two completely different things =)

Guns were not invented in Asia nor in this time.

Maybe you're right, the term "gun" as we understand today (in CS or any shooting game you played), weren't invented in China in 1200. But if we understand the "gun" as a device that can shoot projectiles by using gunpowder, then it has long been developed in Asia.

More accurately, if you insist, proto-gun or proto-arquebus devices had been invented in China since the Han dynasty, which exist until the 5th century AD. And, you know that the Song dynasty has firelance and thunder-bomber (it look like modern grenade, but the method is much more like field mines), and more important the fire cannon, which was a tube made oif bamboo filled with gunpowder which, when fired, threw a flaming missile towards the enemy.

Well, I'm an Asian, so I might be an expert in their history.

Khergiter said:
Well, I'm an Asian, so I might be an expert in their history.

I really hope that's just poorly constructed English, if not, it means that according to your logic, all our resident serbians are experts on serbian history :razz:

Do you mean that you are asian AND an expert on asian history, or that being asian makes you an expert on asian history?

Also, do you have any sources for these devices you talk about? If so i'd love to see them, not being a **** i'm just genuinely curious.

Back
Top Bottom