Post items you would like in AOC II (screenshots of items in progress)

Users who are viewing this thread

Nodscouter said:
How 'bout some double-edged axes?

Are those actually historical correct? I mean can't imagine them being very practical, but none the less, would not be a bad idea.

Panzerdraco said:
I'll tell you what I don't want to see: 10 different variants of a single item to describe it in different levels of "broken". The amount of adjectives that TaleWorlds went through astounded me. One for "damaged" and one for "above average" is enough.

I would, however, like to see some more asian and middle-eastern inspired weaponry, like shurikens, falchions, daos & miao daos, scimitars, odachis, kukris, kama, scythes, tonfas, naginatas, chakrams...

Along the lines of firearms, I believe that later in the cycle of the flintlock rifle, some were experimenting with firearms where the entire paper cartridge, bullet and powder were inserted into a breach on the weapon, and the paper cartridge was incinerated upon firing, removing the need to push the powder and bullet down the barrel manually and greatly hastening reload time. While it did cause some barrel fouling, you can imagine it being cleaned between battles instead of after every single shot.
will need some chosen ones pics for daos & miao daos, odachis, kukris, kama, tonfas, chakrams

Kraven said:
Nodscouter said:

Are those actually historical correct? I mean can't imagine them being very practical, but none the less, would not be a bad idea.

Of course they aren't historical, but they are frickin' awesum! Besides, we aren't 1257 AD or something. THIS IS AGE OF CHANGE

Kraven said:
Nodscouter said:

Yes it is rarely used by ancient greeks (labris) and some other tribes(sagaris and labris), but they were small axes not a giant ones like everyone imagine it and not from middle ages. Thou there have been some wood chopping double axes, for the purpose if you needed a sharp axe there is other side if one goes blunt.

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
Kraven said:
Nodscouter said:

Yes it is rarely used by ancient greeks (labris) and some other tribes(sagaris and labris), but they were small axes not a giant ones like everyone imagine it and not from middle ages. Thou there have been some wood chopping double axes, for the purpose if you needed a sharp axe there is other side if one goes blunt.

Guess I learned something new today xD but yes, the whole fantasy two handed middle ages axes were pretty impractical had they been used in real, however, I guess one could justify them by calling them woodsman axes and give them some serious punching power and quite slow.

James380 said:
Panzerdraco said:
I'll tell you what I don't want to see: 10 different variants of a single item to describe it in different levels of "broken". The amount of adjectives that TaleWorlds went through astounded me. One for "damaged" and one for "above average" is enough.

I would, however, like to see some more asian and middle-eastern inspired weaponry, like shurikens, falchions, daos & miao daos, scimitars, odachis, kukris, kama, scythes, tonfas, naginatas, chakrams...

Along the lines of firearms, I believe that later in the cycle of the flintlock rifle, some were experimenting with firearms where the entire paper cartridge, bullet and powder were inserted into a breach on the weapon, and the paper cartridge was incinerated upon firing, removing the need to push the powder and bullet down the barrel manually and greatly hastening reload time. While it did cause some barrel fouling, you can imagine it being cleaned between battles instead of after every single shot.

Thats so true with the " 10 different variants of a single item to describe it in different levels of "broken"."
As for shurikens; they were only ever used to injure or distract opponents, back in the days they couldnt kill a man or atleast weren't used in that way. Youve been watching too many movies lol.
I ask myself all the time, why is everyone soo fascinated by azn sh*t, almost half the posts in this forum talk about azn stuff. god dam -_-...ohh god, now im talking about it >.<

So what do we have throwing knives for in Mount & Blade? Rocks? They're pretty much the same thing. Might as well expand that line of "small, useless things you throw."
As for "azn ****", Mount & Blade is pretty much all western and middle eastern oriented, it makes sense that people would want to expand that to asian culture as well.

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
Panzerdraco said:

will need some chosen ones pics for daos & miao daos, odachis, kukris, kama, tonfas, chakrams

Dao
Bagua-Dao-b.jpg

Miao Dao
Miaodau2.JPG

Odachi (Essentially a massive katana with a long grip)
swords-samurai-swords-steel-blade-a-black-odachi.jpg

Kukri
kukri_india_revolution_naxalism_maoism_cpi_maoist.jpg

Kama
Kamas.jpg

Tonfa (Used as a bludgeoning and defensive weapon)
martill9.jpg

Chakram (These are actually thrown like a frisbee)
callisto_dArc_PDVD_391.jpg

Not really an Item but new skins would be cool, like the Rus skins a good cover of ethnic groups would be awsome! And also maybe some make shift shields from scrap wood and rag clothes would be cool with the historical cloth tied strategically, peasantry look.

SirKail said:
Not really an Item but new skins would be cool, like the Rus skins a good cover of ethnic groups would be awsome! And also maybe some make shift shields from scrap wood and rag clothes would be cool with the historical cloth tied strategically, peasantry look.
Yeah that sounds good.
:smile:

SirKail said:
A picture of the shield would be nice ,so I have a reference to work with. As about skins I'll see what can be done  :wink:

SirKail said:

Well, there is the fur/hide covered shields. I get what you're saying though, and it's a good idea.

I would like see some matchlock and wheellock firearms (at least matchlock arquebusses and wheellock pistols) . For me the flintlock ones are no really historic accurate for the period,  and should be available only to player and npcs.

Waldzios said:
I would like see some matchlock and wheellock firearms (at least matchlock arquebusses and wheellock pistols) . For me the flintlock ones are no really historic accurate for the period,  and should be available only to player and npcs.
I know, flintlocks appeared in 1600, wheellocks and matchlocks are allready prepared  :wink:

Id like to see some new ammo types for the muskets and some new bows would be nice too

Maybe a recurve bow or somthing along those lines,

Armour wise i'd like to see a wider variety of gauntlets and maybe some kite shields

Achille's Armor & Shield from the movie.
http://www.bible-archaeology.info/images/troy_achilles_brad_pitt.jpg

And his sword
http://www.hellenic-art.com/armour/sw2880.jpg

Back
Top Bottom