Post items you would like in AOC II (screenshots of items in progress)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm looking forward to the release of this so hard I feel like I have to pee. 

Also, I dug through the vast majority of this thread, but I can't find anything on it;
Are there going to be cannons?
I know proper cannons were exceedingly rare until the later 15th century (at least in Europe), although if I'm not mistaken hand cannons had made a few appearances as early as the 1300's.

I apologize if this has been covered already.

VoltairyanMystopia said:
Are there going to be cannons?
I know proper cannons were exceedingly rare until the later 15th century (at least in Europe), although if I'm not mistaken hand cannons had made a few appearances as early as the 1300's.
I agree that cannons are historically correct for AOCII period, but not necessary for M&B battle scale, 150-200 men armies with cannons are not very realistic.
There will be bunch of early firearms (handgonnes, harquebuses, culverins etc), but we are generally trying to avoid troops with area effect weapons, there is no good (or performance friendly) way for AI to use it without mass suicide.

We consider using cannons as stationary siege weapons, but this requires bunch of new siege scenes (much bigger, cannon friendly ones). We decided to add cannons only if we have full set of new scenes available. Unfortunately the amount of work is so massive it may not be finished before first release version.

German two-handed swords(or Zweihänders/Bidenhänder) acquired as 'Vortragschwerter' (processional swords) , about 1.7-1.9 m
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

101_0093.jpg

101_0084.jpg

http://www.antikportal24.de/cms/?Lippe-Detmold%3A_Uniformen%2C_Bewaffnung_-_Milit%26auml%3Br_und_Zivil:Zivile_und_andere_Blankwaffen:Bidenh%26auml%3Bnder_aus_Horn
http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15290&page=5&pp=30

I'll second that ^ I've always though that Zweihanders are the coolest swords ever, and that fit perfectly into the time frame of this mod.

Hey guys, its nice to see this mod is still recieving attention.
Just a quick question, did you by any chance model a polish hussar sabre? i know the armor has been done long ago

Keep up the good work Zimke

Just two weapons from the far north:

The norwegian battle axe
ABoks.jpg

A strange deisign, but it has a purpose. With it, one can make a sliding cut with the force of a straight handle.

Tessak
tessakklinger11.jpg

A "farmers sword" so to speak. I am no expert in swords and with so many different handles and blades, it seems strange to call all of the swords tessaks. Regardless, their origin lies in the "bondevæpningen", where the king armed the farmers with weapons so that they could help defend the land. Didn't work out so well, but still. A nice weapon for low tier troops.

Pictures are from http://norskevaapen.no/. There are many weapons there that were used by norway. Mostly from later than the timeframe you have set for the mod, but some fit.

Back
Top Bottom