MP Antiquity [WB] Romanorum Pugna

Would you like to test this mod when a playable version comes about?

• Yes

Votes: 59 86.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 13.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Ross

Veteran
titlelogoromanorum2.png

This mod has been discontinued

Romanorum Pugna is a multiplayer mod being developed for Mount & Blade: Warband by myself and Ruud.
We are known in game as:

GoS_Ross
GoS_Rudovich

The name is not stuck yet, we may change it, but it translates to 'Roman Battles'.
This mod will basically add many new weapons, armour, shields etc, to simulate an environment to
that of the period, 235 AD to 395 AD
To start with, we plan to implement the following factions:

-Roman Empire
We have so far decided to include the following troops:
-Equite
-Legionaires
-Sagittarii
-Lancearii
-Praetorians

-Parthia
Troops undecided

-Celts
Troops undecided

-Barbaric Tribes/Huns
Troops undecided

We currently do not have much visual material for you too look at, but rest assured we are working on this mod.
We are currently working on the Roman shields, weapons, and environmental objects.

Images (Work in Progress)
bowfliptexture.JPG

This bow will have flicks on the ends in the finished item
pilum.JPG

The spear (Pilum) has been updated, this may not be the final item[/u]

Update/Modification Log

*UPDATED* - 10:46PM  07/06/10
Added a few pictures. These are not final, just mockups.

*UPDATED* - 9:24AM  08/06/10
Updated the Roman spear, now using the correct term of 'Pilum'.

I will be making 3 shields for both Praetorian and Legionnaire, A fast light one(can be worn on Horseback), a Heavy strong one and a large one.
Here is a picture of the fast light shield for Legionnaires :razz:. And though you cannot see it in this picture, it is smaller and more round than the other two.
shieldpreview.jpg

A Roman Legionnaire Helmet, not finished yet and could use alot of polishing... I know :razz:. sorry for having both face and helmet the same colour, I hope you can see what belongs where.

Romanhelmetpreview.jpg

WHOO finished the roman armor today for a big part, another thing that needs polishing but I take my time :razz:

romanarmorpreview.jpg
Ignore the weird shadows.. got them removed by now but will only add a new picture as soon as I got it a texture.

Thats great, the helmet we could use, and re-texture, however, I see no download link for the pack?

Good luck. Check out Hegemony and Song of Taliesin for suitable armors. If the owners let you use them, of course.

thank you Temuzu for your reply on scening for us :grin: and we would be happily to accept any scene you or others make for this mod.

And verbeek, thank you for the tip though I will first try to make everything myself :razz:.

Hey, not much in updates on the thread, but were both working hard behind the scenes!
Ruud has been working hard of various armour pieces, and testing them in game.
Ive created some environment props, and worked on textures for some of the in-game items such as the shield, which Ive posted below.

The following image is in JPG format to ease upload, original file is a PNG and is over 10,000 kbs in size.

WARNING, HIGH RESOLUTION - 2000x3870
romanshieldtexturePROOF.jpg
Alternatively, view it here : http://filesmelt.com/dl/romanshieldtexturePROOF.jpg

hey man i think you should look up the roman multiplayer mod
its in beta stage but the makers already have a full roman legionarre level equipment
gladius, spatha, pilums every shield, horses, legionare segmentata, praetorian segmentata, helmets ranging from auxiliary to centurion
theyre already done just look it up
its called roman multiplayer mod
everythings done as far as roman stuff goes so look it up i think the makers said anyone can use it but ya it cud save u alot of trouble

o ya heres the link
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,123765.0.html

This do look awesome. By the way, are the factions all set? Because otherwise maybe you could add Greeks. I know, I know, they were all subjugated by that time, but if you think about the Greeks did rebel several times, the most famous ones the two led by Mithridates.

Nodscouter said:
This do look awesome. By the way, are the factions all set? Because otherwise maybe you could add Greeks. I know, I know, they were all subjugated by that time, but if you think about the Greeks did rebel several times, the most famous ones the two led by Mithridates.

By 235 A.D, I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom