[SoT] Terms of using models and textures

Users who are viewing this thread

Kolba

Because there were few mods, which were using work done by our team without permission I have to set few rules.

1. We are lending models and textures only for mods, which are based on historical events set between around 200 AD - 1066 AD (late antiquity and early medieval period). So forget about any models and textures if you are making mod with trolls and zombies or set in Victorian England.
2. We are not lending any music, sound effects, concept arts and scripts.
3. If you meet above rules, please send me PM and write what exactly do you want to borrow. I will likely let you use most stuff (with some exceptions if model is copyrighted) and give you a list of authors which need to be copied into your mod credits.
4. If you borrow anything without my permission and release it, please remove that element from your mod or I will report that to moderator.
5. After you'll get my permission, don't forget to update your mod credits!

That's all. If you have any questions, PM me.

Is there anyone from the original team able to take requests to utilize work from the mod, namely some of the great late antiquity helmets your contributors did? If so, could they message me? I'm collaborating with Dresden over at Total War Center on a mod of the Constantine civil wars period. I can jury-rig suitable material from Rome 2 models for body armor, to a lesser extent weaponry, but on helmets I'm plum out of options. And the amazing models you guys have done are spot on for the role.

I can't PM Kolba and as far as I can tell the senior members of the mod are gone (save for Narf, but he's been gone a few months), I'm hoping it'll be okay to start to work on integrating the material into Rome 2 - and giving you guys 100% due credit. Specifically the ridge helmet, Pannonian hat, dux ridge helmet, briton_helm, rbhelm and possibly some of the weapons. If anyone who did those returns and would not like us to use the material, I'll be happy to remove them. Likewise I'm happy to do a quid-pro-quo and share some of the scale armor patterns I've done or share some of the textures I've done for M&B:W a year or so ago.

I hope this isn't a problem, and appreciate all your hard work.

Back
Top Bottom