OSP Code Combat Deployable Pavise Shield (Multiplayer 6/6/2010)

Users who are viewing this thread

FrisianDude said:
They're certainly destroyable when held in hand, though board shields have a lot of hitpoints. Perhaps best for me to lower those a bit. I hope the props are destroyable as well.

Yes, I was talking about props.

About the abuse during multiplayer: Maybe yes, but in the open field you now have a chance to live! Instead of immediatly being killed of while reloading after your first shot.

Mulek said:
Cartread, is it destroyable?
It's very easy to make this destroyable by weapons.

However AFAIK props do not get hits from horse charge, and props can't be destroyed by one. So this will become the ultimate anticav defence wall in MP :smile:

GetAssista said:
Mulek said:
Cartread, is it destroyable?
It's very easy to make this destroyable by weapons.

However AFAIK props do not get hits from horse charge, and props can't be destroyed by one. So this will become the ultimate anticav defence wall in MP :smile:
About friggen time.  :razz:

Dumb cav are dumb.

That just means more reason for attackers (/ing cavalry) to use tactics. Also perhaps a reason to make the shields quite a spot weaker than they are now, but not too much, as I'd be surprised if horsemen didn't simply hop over them.

FrisianDude said:
That just means more reason for attackers (/ing cavalry) to use tactics. Also perhaps a reason to make the shields quite a spot weaker than they are now, but not too much, as I'd be surprised if horsemen didn't simply hop over them.
Exactly. With in turn will force the defenders to also use more tactics. Pikes behind the pavises, anyone?

However, I don't think it'll be all that earth shattering. Do remember the fence in the field by the river. Cav hop over that all the time.

It'll all come down to how much players will work together.

This is simply amazing, and you sir, you're a genious! This is a very noticeable add on to the gaming experiece, all the community is thankful to you! :smile:

Llew2 said:
FrisianDude said:
Exactly. With in turn will force the defenders to also use more tactics. Pikes behind the pavises, anyone?

This would ba awesome, joined with the spear bracing kit!

This suddently makes it an advantage to have crosbowmen insteed of archers! Uuuh., me likey..  :grin:

For multiplayer, I would only care to see them used in siege mode.  Of course, the problem with that is one can't crouch in the game and this would allow the archer on the castle walls to shoot over the pavise anyway :razz:

Skot the Sanguine said:
For multiplayer, I would only care to see them used in siege mode.  Of course, the problem with that is one can't crouch in the game and this would allow the archer on the castle walls to shoot over the pavise anyway :razz:
But still, it's a heck of a lot better than nothing at all, and if you're a crossbowman, you are bending over to reload anyway.

You sir may not understand what you have done.

For ages the people of Taleworlds have been waiting for the One, the one who could do the feature so much needed.

And now you are here, bringing us these great news of finally making the PAVISE SHIELD DEPLOYABLE!

I love you.

CARRY MY CHILDREN!

FrisianDude said:
wawawa...

HOLY ****.

I thought you were some random 'why hasn't anyone made this yet'- type of whiner, but instead, you must be one of the gods of modding, come to Earth in Mortal form to bless us thusly.

[me=Ambalon]takes deep bow.[/me]

Next step: Make NPCs deploy pavises. Although I don't think thats possible.

FrisianDude said:
They're certainly destroyable when held in hand, though board shields have a lot of hitpoints. Perhaps best for me to lower those a bit. I hope the props are destroyable as well.
They could behave the same way those ragdolls scarecrow-ish targets for training behave. Maybe increases resistance but decrease hitpoints so projectiles don't damage it, though a strong blow can crush it?

Oh god, this + destroyable + some of those new reload animations with crouching that a few people have put out = win win win.

Nice job, I hope to see this refined a bit.

Austupaio said:
Oh god, this + destroyable + some of those new reload animations with crouching that a few people have put out = win win win.

Nice job, I hope to see this refined a bit.

I believe the toughest challenge on destroyable would be to pass the damage from the shield to the prop and vice-versa, otherwise one could regen the shield/prop by simply deploying/picking it up and picking it up/deploying again.

Galtran has a good point, if your shield takes a good hit, and let's say only takes 99% damage, you can pick it up, drop it again and it'll be restored.

If you ask me, the shield should just be dropped once in multiplayer. This would be an easy fix, and for one battle, people don't need to be carrying the shield and dropping it all about.

Ah, I misread his post. Well, I'm not sure how you can fix this. Didn't the first versions of Warband (or a mod with this, I can't remember) have this problem with missiles/melee-weapons, where you'd refill when you switched to melee and back to ranged? Maybe you could have a similar workaround?

Skot the Sanguine said:
i think there's a crouch animation somewhere in the files, like if they decided to not use it.

Back
Top Bottom