World Map Revisited: Armagan's Dream? Or Just Mine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Make the World Map Dynamic:

* Seasons: Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall all of which affect graphics, travel, combat

* Terrain Effects: Examples - forest bandits have movement/combat bonus in forests, river pirates plus near rivers, steppe bandits plus near desert, etc.

* Roads: negate terrain, make vulnerable to ambush(?)

*Random Events: examples - a column of smoke marking a village being raided, circling buzzards indicating battle sites, campfires revealing enemy outposts, etcs

* Day/Night Effects: spotting reduced; speed slowed.

These suggestions have already been made probably - I would be surprised if they hadn't - but nevertheless, suggestions can be overlooked or buried within threads, so my pardon, consider it as an attempt to make your idea heard again. :smile:

JohnathanStrange said:
* Day/Night Effects: spotting reduced; speed slowed.

This(the spotting part) is already in the game. I've been following enemies, which I lost from sight because night fell

I'd like to see less movement/combat at night. Generally armies don't fight at night because A) Sleep, and B) Too dark, end up killing your own men. It'd be cool to see armies camping. You're wandering around in the dark and all of a sudden you come across a Swadian War Party Camp(indicated by a campfire and/or a tent). It'd also be cool if attacking a camped party would automatically use a special map designed with a camp in it, rather than the normal generated map.

Good idea Howzer.

Make it an option to set up camp yourself, ofcourse it shouldn't mather what time of the day it is. Just make it work like the tavern. Maybe have an added tactical disadvantage when you get attacked during your camping.

Maybe added to that you could set an ambush-camp, where you don't actually sleep, but are lying in wait for the enemy. this could give a tactical advantage when you get attacked.

Darkness falls, not only can you not see as far but also your movement speed slows down, especially over rough ground, after all if a horse breaks its leg its as good as dead.

If a party camps they get a fire radius, a glow effect that not only keeps em warm and happy but makes them spottable from a much greater distance. Obviously the larger the party the greater the number of fires and so the bigger the glow, equally a party that is using a running status could cold camp - for a morale penalty. You could also have night movement using torches, more speed but you'll stand out for miles.

Lack of sleep could be moddled as the rate at which you consume food, go for 24 hours without sleep, fine but if its been 5 days since your boys last had a nap your supplies will run out pretty quick.

Roads would gain an added advantage, full speed night travel, this would also make an ambushing aspect of the game easier to believe and give smaller parties an advantage.

Back
Top Bottom