CALRADIAN REALMS - M&B: Warband Clan Listing

Users who are viewing this thread

Kittenhuffer

Sergeant Knight at Arms

What is Calradian Realms?
Calradian Realms is a clan listing website for M&B: Warband multiplayer. It is since early May (2010) being developed by myself and Sovereignity, and we're happy to now be able to present it to the public.

Our primary goal with this website is to provide a comprehensive and user-friendly way for clans to keep in touch with the community, and for the community to keep in touch with the clans. We aim to create a complete, lasting, up-to-date and easy way of keeping track of what's going on in the community, and to interact with other members of it.

Why?
We felt there was a slight lack of coordination between clans in the community, and that it was hard to get a comprehensive overview of the clan landscape. We feel that such a comprehensive overview is one of the most important factors that create a successful and tight-knit community - and therefore set out to attempt to create an arena where this could be accomplished.

How?
Clan leaders and confidantes will be able to register and update their clans on a fully independent basis, with no need for bureaucratic involvement or arduous waiting periods. By registering your clan in our warband listing along with a password of your choice, you will be able to access your entry via its very own admin panel - where you can update member information, warband information, server information, and even upload your own banner or declare your level of relation with other warbands.

When?
Now! We have been working on this project for quite some time, and now feel it is presentable enough to be released to the public. This does not, however, imply that we're done. Far from it - we have a long list of features planned for the future. We plan to continuously expand the usefulness of this website to its userbase, adding new features, improving old ones and implementing new innovations at a steady pace. All this, of course, with the help of the rest of the community.

In closing...
We hope that you will find our service useful, and if you have any questions, comments, suggestions or complaints - you're most welcome to voice them in this topic or in our support forum. Whenever we have something new to announce, this will be done both at the news section of the website as well as in this thread.

Quick clarification: We do not add clans to the website and keep them updated. Leaders and trustees of the leaders do.

Disclaimer: If a warband registers and does not add any members within a three day period of time, it will be deleted.

Feel like donating...?
I've had a few people ask me what our PayPal is, but to tell you the truth; we haven't got one. We never expected that people would want to donate money, but now when we've gotten the offer, I'd just like to take this opportunity to say thanks but no thanks. We're content with the simple fact that you use and like the website, but if you really feel like expressing your gratitude then do so by donating whatever you were planning on donating to us to PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) instead, by clicking this link.

What would you like to see next on the website?
Improved relations & alliances. - 24 votes (19.4%)
Applications & recruitment. - 29 votes (23.4%)
A new, improved user system for players. - 9 votes (7.3%)
Tournaments, leagues & ladders. - 53 votes (42.7%)
Something else. - 9 votes (7.3%)

Would be helpful to know if clans are accepting scrims / matches and such :wink:

Just a thought..

Found it. You need to click on the link to see if they are Comp.. But would be helpful to do it on the summary page though.. That way i dont have to click through every clan to see if they will scrim..

Also, can members sign up to a clan? Or does the admin have to do it?

Styo said:
[...] But would be helpful to do it on the summary page though.. [...]
Added.

And yes, the clan admin(s) (in other words, the ones the clan administration trust with the password to the clan entry) have to add the members themselves. We contemplated giving all players their own account but then figured it'd be much cleaner and easier if everything could be found in the clan's admin panel. Might be something for the future, though!

Thanks, already have my clan up, a few things need straightening out, but overall my clan is up already.  Also there should be an option on the server thing that it is always up or not always up or something like that as our server would not always be up and I would like to say that.

Ah, you mean like if it's a dedicated server that's up 24/7 or one that you host on your computer from time to time? I'll get to it as soon as possible, most likely tomorrow since it's getting late here... For now though you could add a note in the description stating that it's not always up.

EDIT: Please forgive my ignorance, but I saw someone fill out the Steam field with both account and nickname. I haven't used Steam in a long time, so I don't really remember how it works. Is it possible to find someone by let's say, just their Steam name? Or do you need the account name to find them? Or both? I assumed the nickname was enough, but now I'm having second doubts. Maybe someone using Steam could answer that question, thanks.

Nice work on the site.  :smile:

Any chance you could add an "Officer" rank in please for the memberlist.

LEADERS
DEPUTIES
OFFICERS
MEMBERS
TRIAL MEMBERS

Edit: Oh,  could you also add a place for a clan motto under the name or something. :razz:

Hey, thought you might like to know: While the site still accepts updates it seems, clan names with apostraphes ' return an error when updated.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds  to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's  Merchant Caravan (7) - IP: 68.102.3.189, TIME: 2010-05-30 09:34:02 -  Updated w' at line 4

Orion: Ah, thanks, missed that one. Fixed now.

ProjectAngel: You're right, an extra rank wouldn't hurt. It'd be good to distinguish veteran members from other members. And the motto sounds good too, I'll add them as soon as I've finished studying today. :mad:

Hey, could you add a sort of 'guilds' type thing? The difference between a warband and a guild being mainly that the latter is more casual and players in warbands or other guilds can join. Because I'm semi-running one and I don't want to give off the impression that it's a competitive clan type thing.

Also, great work.

socks said:
Hey, could you add a sort of 'guilds' type thing? The difference between a warband and a guild being mainly that the latter is more casual and players in warbands or other guilds can join. Because I'm semi-running one and I don't want to give off the impression that it's a competitive clan type thing.

Also, great work.
We're planning on adding additional types of entries in the future, but until then I suggest you set your entry to "competitive: no", and make a clarifying note in your description area.

Added star players.

(From the FAQ:smile:
Q: What are star players?

A: A star player (
star.png
) is someone who's particularly important to the clan, be it because of their raw skills at playing the game and ability to slay (almost) each and every foe they encounter, or because of their expertise in tactics and valuable advise during wars... or something else. This does not, however, mean that star players can only exist in competitive clans. If the warband admin considers a player important to the clan, they're able to show that by giving them the title of "Star player." A clan can only have a maximum of three star players.

Nicenice guys. Gold sparkly star stickers for everyone!!!

Sticky this please!
*thelface*

The index page only lists the last 5 updated clans.

Here is the full list.

And here is the Defenders of Faith page. Use the password you entered when you registered to log in to the admin panel (the login box is located under the clan information to the right.)

The sort by amount of members link was bugged... or rather, I had forgotten to implement it. So if your clan has more members than another one that's higher up on the list than yours, then it's because you haven't added/edited a member. The total amount of members will be updated as soon as you do. There's no need to actually change anything, by the way. Just click on a member, and press update.

I'm going to put some other fonts for the clan name for clan admins to choose from, because I've noticed that the Old English Style is really horrible if your clan name is using a lot of HOBOCAPS. Am I doing it right?

Back
Top Bottom