[B] Warband Realistic MOD for 1.113

Users who are viewing this thread

Gotta love a 'realism' mod based on the creators subjective opinion about weapons. Unless y'all are experts on medieval weaponry and fighting styles this is a complete a waste of time.

This isn't realistic at all. Archers would have carried around 10 to 20 arrows in their quiver, 100 arrows is just stupid.

This is more of an 'arcadey' kinda mod.

Familyguy1 said:
okiN said:
I'd say so, but I'll let it slide. He'd better not pull this kind of **** again, though.

Interesting, at first I thought your first post was sarcastic, but now I see.

It is sort of a douchebaggery move isnt it? For Bite Me?

LOL...  I luv the internets....  this word gets my vote for word of the year :smile:  I may start using it in preference to "asshattery"

Rad said:
**** me, another "realism" in game. Where do you take certainty what you will be presented in your mod will be real? Are you an expert at medieval weapons or fighting or history?  :???:  :razz:
and
Phoss said:
Gotta love a 'realism' mod based on the creators subjective opinion about weapons. Unless y'all are experts on medieval weaponry and fighting styles this is a complete a waste of time.
and
Sir_Hal said:
This isn't realistic at all. Archers would have carried around 10 to 20 arrows in their quiver, 100 arrows is just stupid.

This is more of an 'arcadey' kinda mod.
and that's all I'm gonna say about that.

oh yeah, and
blacklimo said:
Familyguy1 said:
douchebaggery

LOL...  I luv the internets....  this word gets my vote for word of the year :smile:  I may start using it in preference to "asshattery"

Very tough call.

Hey!

What would you think about a realistic distance of a arrow? I mean now, you can shoot over 2 miles an arrow right now in this game, what is not the case in the reality. Change it's ballistic please.

how did u work that one out, use a tape measure?

I'd estimate you can shot an arrow about 1/2 to 2/3 of the map, and the map takes about 40secs~ to travel across on horseback if flat.

this means if your saying the map is 2 miles the horse moves at roughly 160 mph.

somehow this makes me think your estimate may be a little off

going by the math the map takes 40secconds to cross, using the worlds fastest ever recorded horse, not accounting for the fact that it wouldn't be able to sustain the speed for 40secs or the fact that it doesn't account for acceleration.

1.0749 miles. is as big as the map could be. thats if your hose travels at 43.26 MPH, and immediately after starting to move is also traveling at max speed.

now lets account for acceleration and the fact hes a heavy steroid user, so lets say he can maintain maximum velocity for 80% of the time. (still this is very much on the side of impossible, considering the stats on fastest speed are taken from a 1/4 mile race)

0.8599 miles. is probably about as big as the default map can be, along perpendiculars anyways. and still this requires you to be riding sea biscuit.

as to bows.......

if anything in my opinion AI don't shoot far enough with longbows, they fire 'flat' at their targets where as they should be aimining upwards and raining down arrows.

just so you can see how long it realisticly takes for people to travel 2 miles on foot/horse as somthing to base your estimates.

a mile takes the best of us 4 minitues to run, how quicky can u cross the map on foot. (world reccord being around 3:50, are levied soldiers in armour going to be at that standard?)

British marines applicants are required to do 1.5 miles in 10 mins,

Oh sorry! I just exaggerated a bit to make clear what I mean, mister doctor in physics and Maths...

If you think the arrow shot is realistic when you shoot it in the air and never comes down, then you live in a different world then I am. It's not about the bug that the arrow disappears if you shoot too high, only the distance you can shoot with the bow and arrow.

The longest distance shot recorded -- in modern times, anyway -- is 1410.87 meters, unofficially, 6 October 1979, by Harry Drake of the USA while using a footbow. A footbow is a type of bow that is placed on the feet, and has a lot more power than "regular" bows which are held in the hand.

The current record for a "regular" target recurve bow is 485.27 meters, 5 September 2003, by Arlan Reynolds of the USA. This kind of distance-shooting archery is called "Flight Archery", and is a separate discipline in FITA Archery ("FITA" being the International Archery Federation, or "Federation Internationale de Tir l'Arc", the Olympic Archery Governing Body - they set the rules).

SPD_triangle.jpg
high school physics actually

and where did u get from my post i thought the arrows were realistic, as i complained that NPC's shoot in a straight line to the target as opposed to arching their shots.

if u reduce bow range so players cannot shoot furhter by arching it, the change also affects NPC's right now i'd say how far NPC's shoot is fine.
if u want points on realism increase the dmg, make them penetrate sheilds better and lower the speed, should be shooting around 6~ shots a minute
and my personal favorite longbows on horseback

but anyways do what ever you want. the only point i wanted to make, is made (about 2miles being a ridiculous estimate)

what your suggesting would have players be able to shoot at max 400 meters vai arching, which probably allows the bots to straight shoot maybe 100 meters, yes that wont make archers completely useless, may as well give them 2 arrows in their quivers aswell, seeing as thats all they gunna get off before they're engaged in hand to hand.

anyways I'm out, stupid discussion i'm sure the OP won't bother to consider it

wondering what battlesize u use, as when i play warband single players the bots in my battles outnumber me 1:439 so yeah who cares about bots they arent really significant.

@ Veracious1 - I ask of you to : quote me and show me that I wrote that the arrow *doesn't* arc. (You can see that i didn't edited my post recently.)

EDIT

I do not care of insults (you didn't insulted me, just explained yourself  :cool:). It remains a normal discussion

@ Veracious1

2 things...  Wall-of-Text leads to bleeding eyes, and /slap for the double post....  that's what the edit button is for....  no excuses for being a new user here, it's a standard web-forum rule in every forum I've ever used.

@ SUBS

Relax dude, and get your exaggeration detector fixed... my gods man, what would you have said if Koror had said 100 miles instead of 2?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the arrows not coming down, totally realistic I think... they're getting stuck in the fuselage of a passing 747...  they had those back then didn't they?

no excuses for being a new user here, it's a standard web-forum rule in every forum I've ever used.
What if you have never been on any other forums, I certainly had never been on any forums for more than one or two posts before now and I actually triple posted at the start because I did not think to look for edit  :razz:

Crossbow Joe said:
no excuses for being a new user here, it's a standard web-forum rule in every forum I've ever used.
What if you have never been on any other forums, I certainly had never been on any forums for more than one or two posts before now and I actually triple posted at the start because I did not think to look for edit  :razz:

Wow... I just noticed how harsh my previous post sounded....  wasn't intended to be a rant or a punch in the head or anything....  I get a bit impatient when I have a cold, and yes I know that's not a valid excuse, so my apologies if my post offended.

blacklimo said:
@ Veracious1

/slap for the double post....  that's what the edit button is for....  no excuses for being a new user here, it's a standard web-forum rule in every forum I've ever used.

Please do not double post in forums as it is considered impolite.  In the future please use the edit/modify function to add to or change your posts.  Thank you.

^
fixed

Wow... I just noticed how harsh my previous post sounded....  wasn't intended to be a rant or a punch in the head or anything....  I get a bit impatient when I have a cold, and yes I know that's not a valid excuse, so my apologies if my post offended.
Harsh enough that I intervened lol don't worry if you forgave him then he will forgive you besides its just a forum not real life

Back
Top Bottom