------------------------------------------------version 1.1
*singleplayer fixed
------------------------------------------------version 1.0
Realistic MOD includes

*Realistic Weapon Damage
*Realistic Horse speed
* Stacks of Throwable Weapons Increased
*Stacks of Arrows/Bolts Increased

###################################################################################

Just copy the MOD folder to mudules folder of the game and have fun :smile:

Mod by ChronoX

Mod by ChronoX

version 1.1 Downloadlink
http://www.file-upload.net/download-2557930/WBRealistic1.1.rar.html

just delete the older mod and copy this one in. :smile:

**** me, another "realism" in game. Where do you take certainty what you will be presented in your mod will be real? Are you an expert at medieval weapons or fighting or history?  :???:  :razz:

I'm going to try this, and see if it's as realistic as is vaguely stated.

EDIT: How exciting... it crashes the moment you do start game. Am I meant to do just the custom battles? I tried a couple, and it didn't appear that different. I did hugemongous damage on a guy wearing mail, with my big sword, one handed swords and spears did 0 to 4 damage, which might be better than usual native. The warhorse didn't appear any faster, though the other horses might've been. The swinging speed is hard to judge from custom battle, but it didn't look too special. Maybe further analysis, from the SP campaign would change my mind about this mod.

okiN said:
I'd say so, but I'll let it slide. He'd better not pull this kind of **** again, though.

Interesting, at first I thought your first post was sarcastic, but now I see.

It is sort of a douchebaggery move isnt it? For Bite Me?

To be fair, Chrono did the same thing in Bite Me's thread (after Bite Me, it seems).

Either way, as far as I can tell, this mod is broken, since I can't start a new game. It might be a prank, even, since the amount of difference seemed hard to distinguish if it was there at all.

Conners said:
To be fair, Chrono did the same thing in Bite Me's thread (after Bite Me, it seems).

Either way, as far as I can tell, this mod is broken, since I can't start a new game. It might be a prank, even, since the amount of difference seemed hard to distinguish if it was there at all.

yeah he startet it.

and yes for some reason it crashes when i try it in singplayer a new game didnt testet it before.
but multiplayer it works and its alot fun. :smile:

ill fix singleplayer asap.

ChronoX

EDIT####################################

New version online with fixed singleplayer at topic start.

have fun :smile:
EDIT####################################

ChronoX said:
Bite Me said:

just tried ur mod and there is 0 realism lol same dmg same speed etc everythinks is the same ahh new maps was in there :wink:

if you guys wants a REAL realistic mod just download mine :smile:
I don't want to hijack the thread  or be an a**hole, but I do want to respond in defense of our mod

The mod is in the beginning stages. We are currently working on certain things like:
-minimum range for melee weapons (based on weapon length). This makes it so that a pike can't stab someone at arm's length
-more technical gameplay (stun is a bigger factor). This is more realistic because in real life, combat is much more technical than in the game
-more realistically balanced stats (speed, damage, etc)
-more realistic shields (lack of shield forcefields, more realistic damage stats, quite possibly a shield bash function)
-some new weapon functions

but keep in mind that we haven't really even released it. And the first release won't contain everything. Also know that the above list is quite incomplete; we aim to accomplish even more.

ares007 said:
ChronoX said:
Bite Me said:

just tried ur mod and there is 0 realism lol same dmg same speed etc everythinks is the same ahh new maps was in there :wink:

if you guys wants a REAL realistic mod just download mine :smile:
I don't want to hijack the thread  or be an a**hole, but I do want to respond in defense of our mod

The mod is in the beginning stages. We are currently working on certain things like:
-minimum range for melee weapons (based on weapon length). This makes it so that a pike can't stab someone at arm's length
-more technical gameplay (stun is a bigger factor). This is more realistic because in real life, combat is much more technical than in the game
-more realistically balanced stats (speed, damage, etc)
-more realistic shields (lack of shield forcefields, more realistic damage stats, quite possibly a shield bash function)
-some new weapon functions

but keep in mind that we haven't really even released it. And the first release won't contain everything. Also know that the above list is quite incomplete; we aim to accomplish even more.
Hey did you guys fixed the weapon reach based on the weapon length solely or did you take in consideration the animations?
I haven't played WarBand a lot but I'm pretty sure that some animations look much less reachy than others. Does the game covers that?
I have no idea how the reach works in WB or vanilla. Does weapons have hitboxes or something?

Yes, the actual range of the attack depends on the animation. I plan on working on the animations to look more natural, give more reach, and fix another problem or two.

But I really don't think we should be using this thread for this kind of discussion. We have our own thread for that.

Well, he was asked.

I reviewed the mod, and I do see there are changes.

Bows and crossbows function similarly to bazookas now.
Damage among swords has been more assimilated it seems.
Axes are roughly the same damage as swords, maybe even a bit less.
All thrusting attacks are still Piercing damage.
Unless I'm mistaken and it's only the starting-equipment set, most/all arrow/bolt items are filled with 99 ammo... that's a lot.
Horses are faster and more agile now, which is good.
Armour seems largely unchanged.
Weapon speeds and reaches look about the same.
Throwing weapons also work like bazookas.
Thrown rocks are still similarly useless.
The module.ini is completely unchanged.

Needs work, I'd say. Should check out the RCM for mount and blade, it has some great stuff to base your work on. Ron might help you if you ask, too.

Removed my First post as it started aggro.

Human error, I was annoyed at the fact Me and Ares's realism mod thread had been up for a long time, and someone makes up a thread with almost exactly the same name and ideals. That is bad form. I didnt even recieve a PM, the reason me and Ares joined up would be so that there is only one Realism mod running for warband, to make it easier for everybody involved, and increase the quality of the mod overall.
I wont be coming back to this thread again.

Doesn't seem to be much potential for this mod either way. Could change, but I doubt they'll do well with the competition. Won't post here any further, to see how it does without me pushing it to the first page.

You're still being asses. He isn't obliged to PM you for making a similar mod, nor do you need to slam his mod in his own (or any) thread. Competition? I'm sorry, but this community is (or used to be) a little better than that.

Back
Top Bottom