AGE Of CHANGE II : DESCRIPTION, TEAM, CREDITS

Users who are viewing this thread

ok thats fine by me. sorry bout asking, but im not the patient type  :oops: ill be able to help with map and sceneing as soon as I work some stuff out with my new laptop.

Ma zezam se , napravio sam neki signature a on doso tu da se pravi pametan ... pricao neke stvari ...

Hello there. I have been eyeing this mod for a while now, but there is one very clear reason why I can't bring myself to play it.

I just cannot bring myself to play a mod where the almost cartoonish, unrealistic(though not in a bad way) factions get historical equipment. It just feels wrong., especially if fantasy factions of the vanilla game are introduced to new, historical ones. It's the very same reason I never tried floris.

Any chance you'll be completely remaking the vanilla warband factions into something authentic?

YourStepDad said:
Any chance you'll be completely remaking the vanilla warband factions into something authentic?
Yes  :mrgreen:.

Our factions have nothing to do with Warband ones, we only left original factions names (to keep action in Caladria),  there is no vanilla faction troop or piece of equipment left.

Keeping action in Caladria allows us few important things like: interesting fantasy map (instead big, flat and boring historic accurate one :wink:) no geographic limits (we can pass on some less interesting/redundant nations and add some fun ones :smile:) or very long time period.

All the factions are accurate and based on historic nations,  but as we keep action in Caladria it would be very unnatural to use authentic nation names, so we used the old ones and added few new in similar (or almost similar :razz:) naming convention .

The above is one of the very best things about the mod in my opinion. There's a couple of fantasy mods sure, but they're high fantasy with fireballs, undead and all those tolkienesque stables. And then there's tons and tons of realistic time period mods set in our world. This is something else, it's very low fantasy. It's real world aesthetics set in a fantasy world without a mystical or magical element. And that's extremely enjoyable, because it gives enough freedom to have camel gunners taking on mongolian horsemen in the alps, without having to worry about dragons swooping in to ruin your good time.

Alternatively, you could look at it as an alternate timeline that just happens to share some similarities with our own, but where the world and its kingdoms went in whole other directions. And that's a really big charm factor of this mod. I'm very glad the team decided to keep AoC2 close to it's predecessor in that aspect, and I hope it stays that way.

If there was anything at all which I would add personally, which is not in a part of this world, it would be a whole new Chinese Empire-inspired faction with a very specific look to it. This is one of the few mods which, due to the above, has the room for such things. Aah, perhaps it'll be considered for an expansion. One can dream  :smile:

I see the point you two have made, and I see the appeal in it, but...you said you WILL be remaking the nations into something different?  It doesn't have to be authentic at all, it just has to differ from Calradia(faction names, lords and their names, villages, possibly the map...)

So how does it differ from Calradia at this stage, and what are the plans for the future development in that aspect?

Thanks in advance. :smile:

YourStepDad said:
I see the point you two have made, and I see the appeal in it, but...you said you WILL be remaking the nations into something different?  It doesn't have to be authentic at all, it just has to differ from Calradia(faction names, lords and their names, villages, possibly the map...)
The map is entirely new, factions and centers have new placement, there are all old centers and plenty of new ones, names of new centers are random, ATM there is place on map left for 1-2 future factions (Japan, maybe China, not decided yet).
The faction names you can see at start of the topic, faction are based on authentic ones, lords names are historic accurate.
YourStepDad said:
So how does it differ from Calradia at this stage, and what are the plans for the future development in that aspect?
It's still Calradia in theory, geography changed but old factions are there, its new world that evolved from old one  :razz:.

About factions: just imagine historic accurate mod, with giant map of all Eurasia and part of Africa, with hundreds of different authentic factions, then take 20 of most interesting factions, rename them to something random and put on custom map, it's the general idea behind AOCII.

Just to ask, how would you explain the sudden change of geography in Calradia?  :razz: (Not criticizing or something, just curious)

Back
Top Bottom