AGE Of CHANGE II : DESCRIPTION, TEAM, CREDITS

Users who are viewing this thread

Possut

Veteran
59508479.png

Our idea is to make a mod where story and plot is integrated more in the new factions and new Calradian continent.

*The age in focus will be 1450-1620, the transition periods just at the end of the medieval ages, into late Renaissance, along with some interesting factions from earlier periods that will further increase the gameplay fun.

*Troops are organized to follow the development from earlier periods to the mod focus period, making the game much more challenging!
This give us the possibility to have firearm units, while still keeping infantry, archery and cavalry based on real historic factions placed in the new Calradian continent in mind.

*Our factions have nothing to do with Warband ones, we only left original factions names (to keep action in Caladria),  there is no vanilla faction troop or piece of equipment left.

*Keeping action in Caladria allows us few important things like: interesting fantasy map, no geographic limits  or very long time period.
All the factions are accurate and based on historic nations,  but as we keep action in Caladria it would be very unnatural to use authentic nation names, so we used the old ones and added few new in similar (or almost similar ) naming convention .

*AOC II is a very low fantasy mod (if we can really call it fantasy), it's more of a real world aesthetics set in a fantasy world without a mystical or magical element.

*19 factions based on real historical ones, with all of the troops having unique and historically accurate equipment, that you will encounter and enjoy fighting for or against, in Age Of Change II are:

*Swadia

*Vaegirs

*Khergits

*Nords

*Rhodoks

*Sarranids

*Sarmatia

*High Porte

*Vikings

*Ardena

*Iberia

*Albion

*Gaels

*Franks

*Romeians

*Templars

*Hospitalers

*Teutons

*Draconists

New generic, bandit, mercenary, manhunter, guilds concepts that will bring the gameplay to a more challenging level,
along with sea battles,
new trading system,
custom troops and kingdom management,
mysterious places on a huge strategically well thought map,
completely new arms and armor in a quality and number that will make you enjoy every single item,
ton of coding goodies which you will slowly discover while playing

...and much more interesting things that we won't discover for your surprise and pleasure, will give all the Age of Change fans something to look forward to and support us.

Remember, we do this because of you guys!  :wink:

Staff and developers

Zimke Zlovoljni  - team leader, texturer, modeler
Waldzios            - historian, troop trees, coder, map maker, main force behind the mod!
Runico              - modeler
Nordous            - scener
bpopa27            - scener
Ex Staff

Doc82nd - coder
Billath    - coder
Possut    -coder

Tchersky - scener
Greuf    - modeler and texturer
Additional Help, many thanks to this fine lads :smile: 
Xenorgh                -performance/modeling and texturing advices.
Narf of Picklestink  -permission to re-model/re-texture his works, excellent advices with texturing.
Rgcotl                    -advices, tips and tricks with texturing, help with many things on some models ,like rigging and tweaking of Hussar Armor.
Bayard-X              -overall support, help with models and sharing tricks.
Geredis                -historian
leandrojas            -first map maker

Iggorbb                -modeler, he has been part of our team for a long time <3
Comrade Temuzu  -made some lovely scenes
Credits
Narf of Picklestink 's
Narf's Rus Armour Pack
Narf's Plate Armour Pack
Narf's Transitional Armour Pack
and a special kudos for being a great guy!

Lord Samuel's
NE Sieges & Scenes Pack

Dejawolf's
Medieval helmet pack
Viking model pack

Shredzorz's
15th century weapons

Llew's
Flintlock firearms

Caba`drin's
Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment

STARik
Pegleg

Mandible
Set of lovely Hoods

Yamabusi
Highlanders models
Battlefield Priest

cmpxchg8b
Warband Script Enhancer

Havoc

Havocafied Bows

Iboltax
Face Improvements Project
skvor
Loadscreen. We are proud to say that our mod content have been enriched with his beautiful commissioned artwork!

faradon
Loadscreen 2. Yes, we have the artwork of another great artist!

Al Mansur
Many thanks for the French castle keep and the released osp props.

Sunnetci Dede
A set of Ottoman helmets and hats.
we did not forget all of the contributors so the list will be updated as soon the item is added, and of course there is no particular order in the list.
We are on Mod DB  too ! :wink:

Seems awesome. Love the existing mod, and I'm offering help with beta testing, should you need it :smile:

This looks to be very promising indeed and I look forward to its completion. Along with brody, I'm willing to assist in any testing assistance you need  :smile:

Can't wait! Can i make a tiny suggestion? How about faction troops that's more specialized? Seems kinda weird that Rhodok has well armoured knights. And it'll be fun to unite the whole kingdom by building balanced army from different faction. Kinda like how Alexander the Great does it :grin:

That has nothing to do with Age of Change, and all to do with the limitations of the game. :smile:
If you do a bit of searching, I'm sure you can find a couple of 70+ page topics discussing dual wielding.

Edit, it is currently 298 pages: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,1223.0.html

doc82nd said:
I'm about to add like 6 more factions so there wasn't any point messing with it until then :wink:

Any spoilers about the new factions?

Possut said:
We have also decided to add four new factions, namely the four Monastery orders, Teutonic, Templar, Hospitaller and Dragon.

I like the idea of adding knight orders, but afraid that there may be lack of natural enemies for them.
In native game there are only two heretic-like nations (saranids, khergits)  against four European based, adding four orders as nations may increase the disproportion to much.
There is another question, all of mentioned orders can be described primarly by enemies they fought against, for me there is no place for Teutonic order without some equivalent of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Draconists  and Hospitallers (Siege of Malta (1565) made them legendary) without Ottomans, only Templars will be happy fighting Sarrainds :smile:.

You can make order "Hashishiyyin" eastern secret organization. That will help saranids and khergits. And remove one of Teutonic, Templar, Hospitaller or Dragon..

Waldzios said:
Any spoilers about the new factions?

I like the idea of adding knight orders, but afraid that there may be lack of natural enemies for them.
In native game there are only two heretic-like nations (saranids, khergits)  against four European based, adding four orders as nations may increase the disproportion to much.
There is another question, all of mentioned orders can be described primarly by enemies they fought against, for me there is no place for Teutonic order without some equivalent of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Draconists  and Hospitallers (Siege of Malta (1565) made them legendary) without Ottomans, only Templars will be happy fighting Sarrainds :smile:.

As for the orders, what we are thinking is initially alligning each order with the major factions, but make it rough enough to where they might end up at war with each other.
We are planning on making it possible for the orders to become full blown super powers :smile: of course... very unlikely but if it happens... Awesome.
And I think I am going to make it possible to pick them as a culture. But nothing has been decided on... Anything you guys would like to see may influence what I code in next week.

hey, if this is in the renaissance then how about creating a whole new continent (doesn't have to be separated) with native american factions, resembling the Aztec, Cherokee, Incan, and Lakota (Suix).

SaintTemplar said:
hey, if this is in the renaissance then how about creating a whole new continent (doesn't have to be separated) with native american factions, resembling the Aztec, Cherokee, Incan, and Lakota (Suix).

The map is brand new. And we didnt' feel like messing with water travel so its just one big ass continent seperated by a couple lakes. And mountain ranges.
We are keeping it fantasy but I think we are going to push for each faction to replicate a major country from the era. Unfortunately, there are no plans to represent native americans at the time - but It could easily be a feature we could include. I'll see what the team thinks about it

Back
Top Bottom