AGE Of CHANGE II : DESCRIPTION, TEAM, CREDITS

Users who are viewing this thread

This has probably been discussed already and its not really a game mechanic additon, but is one that I feel is probably worth it.

Simply put, better support for running the game in DX-9 mode. All the mods I've played so far have had issues with DX-9 which cause them to become highly unstable and crash constantly. This is a massive shame, because the game looks amazing in DX-9 with the graphics settings turned up, especially with the new gear and weapons. So, thats what I want, better support for high end graphics.

Also, a small picky I guess with the choice of firearms used in AOC-1, that they were all flintlocks. Really, in the period we're talkin about the really should be matchlocks, since the flintlock hadn't been invented yet. That said, the wheel-lock had been invented and this could be used for high end expensive firearms used by lords or elite troops.

Also, looking at the shield discussion above... Would it be possible to incorporate a 'Sheild Bash' move? Possibly replacing the kick button when a shield is equipped and doing damage based on the level of the sheild skill and the sheild type?

Cameron Winter said:
Also, a small picky I guess with the choice of firearms used in AOC-1, that they were all flintlocks. Really, in the period we're talkin about the really should be matchlocks, since the flintlock hadn't been invented yet. That said, the wheel-lock had been invented and this could be used for high end expensive firearms used by lords or elite troops.
Im not sure about AOC-1, but in Age of Change II the age in focus will be 1450-1620.

The matchlock appeared in Europe in the mid-15th century.

The invention of the wheel-lock can be placed between about 1510 and 1520.

Early forms of flintlock:
The snaplock first appeared in the late 1540s.
The snaphance first appeared in the late 1550s.
The miquelet lock first appeared in the middle 1570s.

The  true flintlock appeared in the early 1610s.

So in period we talking, all the firing mechanism form matchlock to flintlock were available :smile:.

Waldzios said:
Cameron Winter said:
Im not sure about AOC-1, but in Age of Change II the age in focus will be 1450-1620.

The matchlock appeared in Europe in the mid-15th century.

The invention of the wheel-lock can be placed between about 1510 and 1520.

Early forms of flintlock:
The snaplock first appeared in the late 1540s.
The snaphance first appeared in the late 1550s.
The miquelet lock first appeared in the middle 1570s.

The  true flintlock appeared in the early 1610s.

So in period we talking, all the firing mechanism form matchlock to flintlock were available :smile:.
I think you get a cookiee for that :smile:
you are right on.
And you can't forget a mix of the last samurai.
Not goign to lie. That is what really excites me. a Mix of samurai supported by musket fire.
mmm baby

i Would be Greatful if you could implent a "upgrade all" Button when your Troops level up, this way when you have 500 troops that ready to upgrade, you can click "upgrade all" and it upgrades them all instantly, So you can not Waste 10 - 20 mins trying to upgrade them one by one :???:

How about having byzantine cataphract or persian cataphract as mercenary units for example like in AOC 1 you could hire  eastern gunners it would be also good if you can hire them as well because their is no byzantine or persian faction in AOC 2 and sarrinds are based on the arabs not the persians or the byzantines.

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
I did some investigation and it's impossible to add elephant mounts so we will have to wait for this untill someone find out how to do it, as for heroes when we start doing them I'll consider throwing in one Salladin companion , but that's  not a priority at the moment.
in TPW lynores had ppl on elephants. or it might have been hegemony.....one of those roman-greco mods had them.

chimera_t said:
ummmmmmmmmmmm..... when is that?

Patience my young grasshopper good things come in time.

I know it has been in development for what six months? but you must realize in that time at least one coder has possibly ditched us, and has not left code nor anything to continue making me have to restart the whole coding aspect of the project from scratch (Yay for OSP making it go by faster).

So it will be some time yet.

Back
Top Bottom