where is my fault?!? (scabbards)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi!

I'm currently porting some really nice modells made by modders of the "TES IV: Oblivion"-modderscene.
The weapons work perfectly! (And look awsome!)

But I have a problem with the scabbards...

I'm using OpenBRF for making the vertex animations.

I import the obj-files in Blender, cut the blade off, so only scabbard and hilt remains, export this, scale the hilt down and
hide it in the scabbard and export this as a second file.

In OpenBRF I import a static mesh (the scabbard with hilt), then it asks, if I want to import the modell as pieces, or its group joined - I import the both objects (hilt&scabbard) joined, then I copy the first frame, go to
this frame and import a vertex animation frame, the scabbard with the hidden hilt.
Then I set the times for frame 0 and 1 to 0 and the time of frame 2, which is the one with hidden hilt, to 10.

I also added the flag "30000" to weapon and scabbard (because all native weapons have it... but I think it's for LoDs?!?).

The weapon and the scabbard are already in the itemslist and in the equipment of some looters.

So... Ingame the looters have the weapon and the scabbard, but if they draw their weapon, the hilt still remains on the scabbard...

What am I doing wrong?!?

Thanks for help!

P.S.:
If this problem gets solved quick, I can finish my work tomorrow (maybe even today) and release a lot of high-quality-weapon-modells
for OSP!

I would also like to know.  Somebody has suggested that for Warband, we should not save the files using "Warband brf" but instead use the older version, but I haven't tested that yet- otherwise it seems like assemblage of these animations doesn't work most of the time...

Which shader are you using for the scabbard?....be wary of using a shader with "no_skin" in its name since it wont have any vertex tranformations.

i really haven't tyred scabbard's for warband but for MB it was quite simple
vertex animation require that every frame has the same number of faces vertex and lines
so the best way to do is ensure that you export in obj file not 2 objects but single one and triangulated

when you import vertex frames in openbrf you must take an alternative weapon "for example:sword_norman_scabbard" and put frame`s same as it has with same time of frames
so if you did everything good you must see in openbrf everything with no error

so next step is go and find "sword_norman " in module_items.py" or in item_kinds.txt
then copy it paste and edit as you want to
if i am not wrong remember some scabbard's has different number of frames

by the way just remembered (uvmap in every frame must be the same )

Back
Top Bottom