Translation/Localization (translator apply here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Google, Babylon, Systran, and others, cannot compete with any human translation.
Worst than me, could you imagine ?  :wink:

Yes, you're welcome Dimitris213  :smile:

@Waihti : Great 1.10 ! Just a little request that may help henceforward : would it be possible for futur release to insert a comment at the end of .csv and then the new entries (if any) ?
previous_entry
previous_entry
previous_entry

#version 1.10
new_entry
new_entry

Aeon said:

@Waihti : Great 1.10 ! Just a little request that may help henceforward : would it be possible for futur release to insert a comment at the end of .csv and then the new entries (if any) ?
previous_entry
previous_entry
previous_entry

#version 1.10
new_entry
new_entry

Sorry that's not possible, because the csv are generated automatically. The order is based on the code and I can't insert the new code behind the old code in every case. The best way to check for changes is to use WinMerge and compare the old files with the new files. You will discover the changes very fast.

Aeon said:

previous_entry
previous_entry
previous_entry

#version 1.10
new_entry
new_entry

Ok i am already finished but its kinda late tonight , i'll finish tomorrow.
Just 3 quick questions.
1) Where do i upload
2) Will M&B recognise greek characters? I tried to modify lord names and towns some months ago to greek names but M&B did show them like this : ΫϊοΔ3¨#δ ....u know what i mean..
”µ΄ΏΌ­½±...
Is this something u can fix? or Warband supports more codecs?
3) What about names and titles? Need to be translated?

Τhx

1) I don't know yet  :oops: (fast ! I didn't even finished dialogs.csv :shock: )
2) Try to save .csv with UTF-8 encoding, as mentionned in "How to". It might work good (tell us)
3) You mean chamberlan, chancellor,etc...? -as you wish- this is your translation for you and every Greeks :wink:

Im a Chinese translator.  :grin:

The Chinese translation is still at 1.8.3 version.  :oops:  Shame        Im trying to catch up the latest version.

Heres the link:http://bbs.mountblade.com.cn/viewthread.php?tid=124656&extra=page%3D1

PS:Im too lazy to tanslate it to Chinese XD, since English makes more sense to me. Im totally stick to it.

Thank u sooooo much for making this great mod. Im glad to tell u that there r hundreds of players of Diplomacy mod. They all love ur mod :smile:

Lawrie said:
Thank u sooooo much for making this great mod. Im glad to tell u that there r hundreds of players of Diplomacy mod. They all love ur mod :smile:

True i was always dreaming for a diplomacy mod for M&B

I found some problems in the vsc files in the translation folder:

After checking the files in new_languge folder, I guess some numbers are missing, for exmaple:
dlga_dplmc_chancellor_gift_select:dplmc_chancellor_gift_kingdom_ask|送 一 些 油。
dlga_dplmc_chancellor_gift_select:dplmc_chancellor_gift_kingdom_ask.1|Send some wine.{***}
dlga_dplmc_chancellor_gift_select:dplmc_chancellor_gift_kingdom_ask.2|Send some oil.{***}

in csv file these were:

dlga_dplmc_chancellor_gift_select:dplmc_chancellor_gift_kingdom_ask|送 一 些 麦 芽 酒。
dlga_dplmc_chancellor_gift_select:dplmc_chancellor_gift_kingdom_ask|送 一 些 葡 萄 酒。

dlga_companion_embassy_results:dplmc_companion_truce_pay|{s12} says that he is willing to consider a truce of forty days if you pay him {reg0} denars.
dlga_companion_embassy_results:dplmc_companion_truce_pay|{s12} says that he is willing to consider a truce of forty days if you pay him {reg0} or give him {s18}.
dlga_dplmc_companion_truce_pay:companion_rejoin_response|Pay {reg0} denars and let the truce with the {s4} be concluded
dlga_dplmc_companion_truce_pay:companion_rejoin_response|Pay {reg1} denars and give him {s18} let this truce with the {s4} be concluded
dlga_dplmc_companion_truce_pay:companion_rejoin_response|Give him {s18} let this truce with the {s4} be concluded
The option of both paying money and handing over a fief is missing

dlga_chamberlain_talk:chamberlain_overview|请 给 我 一 份 财 务 报 告。
dlga_dplmc_chamberlain_talk:dplmc_chamberlain_overview|Please give me a report about the financial affairs.{***}
Also there still some sentences to be translated which is not included in tanslation csv files
mno_lord_relations|View list of known lords by relation.{***}  e.g.

Aeon could u plz check them again? Thx a lot

Lawrie said:
I found some problems in the vsc files in the translation folder:

After checking the files in new_languge folder, I guess some numbers are missing, for exmaple:
dlga_dplmc_chancellor_gift_select:dplmc_chancellor_gift_kingdom_ask.1|Send some wine.{***}
dlga_dplmc_chancellor_gift_select:dplmc_chancellor_gift_kingdom_ask.2|Send some oil.{***}

in csv file these were:

dlga_dplmc_chancellor_gift_select:dplmc_chancellor_gift_kingdom_ask|送 一 些 麦 芽 酒。
dlga_dplmc_chancellor_gift_select:dplmc_chancellor_gift_kingdom_ask|送 一 些 葡 萄 酒。

That's an bug in the script which is automatically creating the cvs. I will fix that later today.

Lawrie said:
dlga_companion_embassy_results:dplmc_companion_truce_pay|{s12} says that he is willing to consider a truce of forty days if you pay him {reg0} denars.
dlga_companion_embassy_results:dplmc_companion_truce_pay|{s12} says that he is willing to consider a truce of forty days if you pay him {reg0} or give him {s18}.
dlga_dplmc_companion_truce_pay:companion_rejoin_response|Pay {reg0} denars and let the truce with the {s4} be concluded
dlga_dplmc_companion_truce_pay:companion_rejoin_response|Pay {reg1} denars and give him {s18} let this truce with the {s4} be concluded
dlga_dplmc_companion_truce_pay:companion_rejoin_response|Give him {s18} let this truce with the {s4} be concluded
The option of both paying money and handing over a fief is missing

I will check this, too.

Lawrie said:
dlga_dplmc_chamberlain_talk:dplmc_chamberlain_overview|Please give me a report about the financial affairs.{***}

What's the problem here? In the chineses translation there's a missing 'dplmc'

Lawrie said:
Also there still some sentences to be translated which is not included in tanslation csv files
mno_lord_relations|View list of known lords by relation.{***}  e.g.

Aeon could u plz check them again? Thx a lot

I don't think mno_lord_relations is a Diplomacy menu. But there might be some other texts missing, mostly quick_strings since I am writing them down manually. If you find any missing text. Please post them so I can add it.

Hi Lawrie, (you're added on first post)
Happy to see you updating old 1.8.3 Chinese version  :smile:

I have uploaded the updated cvs files to assembla. There are already some new dialogs from 1.10.1 inside  :razz:

The missing dlga_companion_embassy_results:dplmc_companion_truce_pay is not missing. It's dlga_companion_embassy_results:companion_truce_confirm which is the same as another dialog which was already there. I don't know if we have to append the .2 to the second dialog now, though!? You are the experts  :mrgreen:

Dimitris213 said:
Guys sorry for asking ,b ut i am not a modder or anything..So how do i check  my translations in game?

You have to merge the translated csv files with the native csv files you will find them under Mount & Blade Warband/Modules/Native/languages/{language_key}.
Since all the diplomacy dialogs are new you only have to add the translated text to the files. After you did that, please test your translations.

missing dplmc

Thats exactly whay I mean. I found some codes in the csv files different from those in the language templates created in the game.

Lawrie said:

missing dplmc

Thats exactly whay I mean. I found some codes in the csv files different from those in the language templates created in the game.

I don't know why it's missing in your version. In the new translation base files it's there. What do you mean with language templates created in game? Can you create them in game somehow?

Back
Top Bottom