[Suggestion Box] - The discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

corkbob said:
Possut said:
We just have to add Waihti's Diplomacy mod to AoC. It would make the whole game even bigger.

I'd also like to see hessuu's Recruiter mod. A simple but awesome mod that enables you to hire a recruiter in castles/cities.

That would make life so much easier! I hate having to circulate around all the villages to rebuild my army after a campaign!

Ye, the only downside is that you'll have tons of recruits in the castles/cities and not upgraded troops ready for battle. But that shouldn't be a problem if you got Lezalit in the party with his maxed out trainer skill. Though having trainer skill on your own char is always good, since he'll level up those troops that will get higher level than Lezalit.

Well I usually get trainer to atleast 4 because I generally lose a lot of troops in battles due to my bloodthirsty nature lol.... I just think it would be great to be able to pop back to your castle now and then - grab those few more recruits and hopefully you will still have your solid base of trained men and you got htose extra ones to train up.

corkbob said:
Well I usually get trainer to atleast 4 because I generally lose a lot of troops in battles due to my bloodthirsty nature lol.... I just think it would be great to be able to pop back to your castle now and then - grab those few more recruits and hopefully you will still have your solid base of trained men and you got htose extra ones to train up.

Exactly, and you'll always need fodder troops (bloodthirsty you said  :cool: )

dam right! I feel bad sometimes but I thought it would be funny to send my 30 recruits into the attack when I was sieging - that was fun :razz: they got mowed down by musket fire...

corkbob said:
dam right! I feel bad sometimes but I thought it would be funny to send my 30 recruits into the attack when I was sieging - that was fun :razz: they got mowed down by musket fire...

Hehe but really, why need fodder when you got Teutonic knights in the front, killing everything they get close to :razz:

well I found when I attacked a castle I would get raped completely simply due to the guns.

But I use a tactic where I pull all my troops back and let me gunners shoot the defenders - this eventually draws the defenders out (if they can move down the ramp) then I charge them with my infantry

If they cant move out I just try and thin out their archers and gunners

corkbob said:
well I found when I attacked a castle I would get raped completely simply due to the guns.

But I use a tactic where I pull all my troops back and let me gunners shoot the defenders - this eventually draws the defenders out (if they can move down the ramp) then I charge them with my infantry

If they cant move out I just try and thin out their archers and gunners

I guess I've been lucky not getting mowed down by enemy gunners that much. Nords gunners are not that good I believe. But the Mounted Huscarls are a nightmare to get down.

I like the idea of siege engines - maybe some cannon? (I understand if thats tricky to make!) but ive seen siege rams etc used could be cool to see some

Lachion said:
I have a few suggestions (By the way, This mod is AWSOME!!):
-Sea travelling and battling + pirates.
-Some hidden caves/tunnels/ruins/cities wich are smilliar to bandits hideouts but they have some elite troops in them wich cannot be found elsewhere, or maybe a boss enemy in them and if you win, you can loot some special rare items.
-Hunting can be great.
-Siege machines.

Thats all I can think of.

- Sea traveling (I guess you mean by boat) would be very hard to implement, I think. Though a pirate faction and fighting on islands might be possible, but only if we could extend Calradia with a decent map editor, which there is none of.
- I thnk you are getting carried away when thinking about loot games with bosses and so. But still, its a valid idea and might fit in.
- Please define hunting.
spijdie said:
Lachion said:
-Siege machines.

like catapults or rams

- This we have seen before. Would be a nice implementation indeed.

NaimaR said:
How about some troop-trees, and possibly description/stats of the troops? :smile:

- Troop trees and descriptions are on their way.

Tuckles said:
So is your coder adding the ability to buy guns yet?

We have no pure coder. Zimke is a great texturer, but has just begun to learn about modding with Python. So it would be awesome if someone could join him and do some heavy modding.

Very solid ideas all of them. Keep it up.

Here's My suggestion. hope you'll take these in mind btw KICK ASS MOD
1.Spear bracing
2. remove companions bickering about each other
3.patrol party's for the kingdoms
4.More bandits and maybe add a bandit fraction?

am sure I will come up with a bit more but This is all i can think of. XP

dorpiano said:
Here's My suggestion. hope you'll take these in mind btw KICK ASS MOD
1.Spear bracing
2. remove companions bickering about each other
3.patrol party's for the kingdoms
4.More bandits and maybe add a bandit fraction?

am sure I will come up with a bit more but This is all i can think of. XP

Nice ideas. But I've always wondered what people mean with spear bracing? :razz: Please explain it for a stupid guy like me :wink:

Spear bracing is basically a wall of pointed spears to counter act mounted units.
war pony's charge. troops with spears line up to the front and point it at them and well..... Just imagine your self smacking head on into a spiked wall.

dorpiano said:
Spear bracing is basically a wall of pointed spears to counter act mounted units.
war pony's charge. troops with spears line up to the front and point it at them and well..... Just imagine your self smacking head on into a spiked wall.

Ahh, I know what you mean. And yes, that would increase the need of spear units needed against cavalry.

What he means by hunting is you see a herd of deer, buffalo, etc. on the world map and engage them. It goes to battle mode and you basically ride down the animal and kill it, salvaging meat as loot when finished. 1866 mod uses it.

I can't remember the mod, but in it you could buy your troops drinks in the tavern to raise morale, which is handy with a large army. That's my suggestion. Also, a couple or few more companions.

Also, another mod lets you build a barracks in villages, supplying troops to nearby castles. Maybe it's Calradia At War or Litus. I don't remember.

Another thing. The 1866 mod has "grenades" that explode fairly effectively.

Yet another thing. The Dark Knights invasion was always pretty cool and threw a nice monkey wrench into the game. That or something like it might be alright.

Would like to see more buildings...

esp a building to replenish arrows/bullets/bolts in castle and towns :grin:

coz i find myself run out of arrows very fast in seiges :razz:

Mindfodder said:
What he means by hunting is you see a herd of deer, buffalo, etc. on the world map and engage them. It goes to battle mode and you basically ride down the animal and kill it, salvaging meat as loot when finished. 1866 mod uses it.

I can't remember the mod, but in it you could buy your troops drinks in the tavern to raise morale, which is handy with a large army. That's my suggestion. Also, a couple or few more companions.

Also, another mod lets you build a barracks in villages, supplying troops to nearby castles. Maybe it's Calradia At War or Litus. I don't remember.

Yet another thing. The Dark Knights invasion was always pretty cool and threw a nice monkey wrench into the game. That or something like it might be alright.

These suggestions are really good. Especially barracks, drinks in taverns and hunting.

AoC got grenades, but just for one troop unit for now, the Naffatun in the Khergit troop line. They are sick!

[EDIT] Since we intend to implement Diplomacy mod in AoC which includes a recruiter (recruits fresh recruits from nearby villages from factions of your choice and brings them to where you hired the recruiter), a barrack maybe can train and upgrade those recruits once they come to the castle/city.

Possut said:
Mindfodder said:

These suggestions are really good. Especially barracks, drinks in taverns and hunting.

AoC got grenades, but just for one troop unit for now, the Naffatun in the Khergit troop line. They are sick!

[EDIT] Since we intend to implement Diplomacy mod in AoC which includes a recruiter (recruits fresh recruits from nearby villages from factions of your choice and brings them to where you hired the recruiter), a barrack maybe can train and upgrade those recruits once they come to the castle/city.

grenades...why...?
are you aiming for a more... gun powder age theme? I think its already enough that you have guns in there. But if you are aiming to implement content that isn't in all the other mods or is rare to find then so be it.

& as for the barracks;
if you intend to build the barracks in a village the recruits should be upgraded 1up, but is far less costly.
if you intend to build the barracks in a castle the recruits that came from the village should be randomly upgraded to iether an ranged or a melee unit or perhaps give the player the option to choose what type of unit he wants the recruits to be upgraded to & (this is optional) the barracks should offer the skill effect "training" so every day troops gain exp.

But that sounds challenging.

James380 said:
grenades...why...?
are you aiming for a more... gun powder age theme? I think its already enough that you have guns in there. But if you are aiming to implement content that isn't in all the other mods or is rare to find then so be it.

& as for the barracks;
if you intend to build the barracks in a village the recruits should be upgraded 1up, but is far less costly.
if you intend to build the barracks in a castle the recruits that came from the village should be randomly upgraded to iether an ranged or a melee unit or perhaps give the player the option to choose what type of unit he wants the recruits to be upgraded to & (this is optional) the barracks should offer the skill effect "training" so every day troops gain exp.

But that sounds challenging.

I think grenades makes it too much gunpowdery. We shouldn't make more gun units than there is now, and at most one grenade type for each faction, or maybe only have late tier mercenaries wielding grenades.

About barracks, I was thinking about having them in castle and having them randomly upgraded (that would be the downside for not upgrading them yourself).

What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom