[Suggestion Box] - The discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

I was actually about putting a script to spawn more powerful bandits after X amount of days...
But im not sure yet

Well i did notice that lords and spawns increases as days pass by....

now minimum grp of sea raiders for me are 30+ while kings have around 300

ha...
Those are the starting party numbers as of right now in my lovely internal beta.
Its been interesting and challenging to say the least. But I think we are going to have a starting quest to give you a little bit of boost so you aren't spending your first two hours grinding to get into the real fun gameplay.

At least thats what Im going to push for, but we as a team have yet to decide how we are going to implement it. But overall we want bigger parties/battles so expect to see really big numbers.

Custom banners for the companions when they became lord would be good....

I saw my 1st companion having the same flag as king ragnar...  :cry:

baijiazi said:
Im getting abit off my head  :oops: :oops:

So... you can treat it as you never read this  :lol: :lol:

Possible to code some ambush parties in the map? Maybe if u killed sea raiders too much... they will hatch a plan to take revenge by gathering all their mates....

A 1 shot 100-500 ambush party? depending on how many troops the player have currently...

Or a plan where u could only use a certain amt of troops against their numbers...

:twisted: :twisted:
There is one option, to put large numbers of bandits in their lairs.

doc82nd said:
I was actually about putting a script to spawn more powerful bandits after X amount of days...
But im not sure yet

There are pros & cons to that.
Pros:
more fun & challenging
better loot?

Cons:
If the person is playing the game using the "realistic mode" then when his army gets defeated after the X amount of days it will be hard for that person to raise a new army because there would be more powerfull enemies roaming & chasing the person on the map...the way i see it.

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
baijiazi said:
Im getting abit off my head  :oops: :oops:

So... you can treat it as you never read this  :lol: :lol:

Possible to code some ambush parties in the map? Maybe if u killed sea raiders too much... they will hatch a plan to take revenge by gathering all their mates....

A 1 shot 100-500 ambush party? depending on how many troops the player have currently...

Or a plan where u could only use a certain amt of troops against their numbers...

:twisted: :twisted:
There is one option, to put large numbers of bandits in their lairs.

Yeah i preffer what you said Zimke Zlovoljni.
& to be honest destroying lairs are really boring ebcause of the small battles.
I think larger battles when destroying lairs sounds good.

James380 said:
doc82nd said:
But im not sure yet

Pros:
more fun & challenging
better loot?

Cons:
If the person is playing the game using the "realistic mode" then when his army gets defeated after the X amount of days it will be hard for that person to raise a new army because there would be more powerfull enemies roaming & chasing the person on the map...the way i see it.

What i'm trying to do, is make it a little bit easier to get a at lest a larger than normal army. So that the game goes straight to the stuff we all love, not moving vilalge to village avoiding enemies just to get 30men - that's boring. I'm really trying to remove a lot of the grind of  normal M&B and get you straight into kingdom management(if you so choose) and big battles. At least that as a coder is what i'm aiming for. So far it's working out really well, I just may have to include recruitment at cities. As of now, unless you are a king you cannot recruit from cities or castles(or a vassal) So i may change that so you can at least recruit cheap mercs from the tavern. What do you all think?

doc82nd said:
James380 said:
doc82nd said:
But im not sure yet

Pros:
more fun & challenging
better loot?

Cons:

What i'm trying to do, is make it a little bit easier to get a at lest a larger than normal army. So that the game goes straight to the stuff we all love, not moving vilalge to village avoiding enemies just to get 30men - that's boring. I'm really trying to remove a lot of the grind of  normal M&B and get you straight into kingdom management(if you so choose) and big battles. At least that as a coder is what i'm aiming for. So far it's working out really well, I just may have to include recruitment at cities. As of now, unless you are a king you cannot recruit from cities or castles(or a vassal) So i may change that so you can at least recruit cheap mercs from the tavern. What do you all think?

I never opposed that idea. I like it!
I was just thinking about the good & the bad

Possut said:
corkbob said:
Possut said:
We just have to add Waihti's Diplomacy mod to AoC. It would make the whole game even bigger.

I'd also like to see hessuu's Recruiter mod. A simple but awesome mod that enables you to hire a recruiter in castles/cities.

That would make life so much easier! I hate having to circulate around all the villages to rebuild my army after a campaign!

Ye, the only downside is that you'll have tons of recruits in the castles/cities and not upgraded troops ready for battle. But that shouldn't be a problem if you got Lezalit in the party with his maxed out trainer skill. Though having trainer skill on your own char is always good, since he'll level up those troops that will get higher level than Lezalit.

The diplomacy mod allows you to train them, could you obtain permission to use some of their work

Back
Top Bottom