[Suggestion Box] - The discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Possut said:
James380 said:
grenades...why...?
are you aiming for a more... gun powder age theme? I think its already enough that you have guns in there. But if you are aiming to implement content that isn't in all the other mods or is rare to find then so be it.

& as for the barracks;
if you intend to build the barracks in a village the recruits should be upgraded 1up, but is far less costly.
if you intend to build the barracks in a castle the recruits that came from the village should be randomly upgraded to iether an ranged or a melee unit or perhaps give the player the option to choose what type of unit he wants the recruits to be upgraded to & (this is optional) the barracks should offer the skill effect "training" so every day troops gain exp.

But that sounds challenging.

I think grenades makes it too much gunpowdery. We shouldn't make more gun units than there is now, and at most one grenade type for each faction, or maybe only have late tier mercenaries wielding grenades.

About barracks, I was thinking about having them in castle and having them randomly upgraded (that would be the downside for not upgrading them yourself).

What do you think?

Yes you are right.
If they get upgraded randomly it would prevent the player from spamming the same unit type & recruting it into his army.
random is good  :wink:

1 crazy idea  :mrgreen:

Can we turn those castles on the mountain paths to blockades? (Eg. nelag and sugetchu)

Meaning that when wars occurred (E.g Khergits vs Vaegirs), Vaegirs are not allowed to use these shortcut to go to Ichamur.

They have to take these castles before they can use it...

Coz it perks me sometimes that when i was guarding them, the khergits ignored them and attack khudan directly :???:

baijiazi said:

Can we turn those castles on the mountain paths to blockades? (Eg. nelag and sugetchu)

Meaning that when wars occurred (E.g Khergits vs Vaegirs), Vaegirs are not allowed to use these shortcut to go to Ichamur.

Coz it perks me sometimes that when i was guarding them, the khergits ignored them and attack khudan directly :???:

I think that makes perfect sense, but in my point of view (noob modder though) hard to implement.

Possut said:
baijiazi said:

I think that makes perfect sense, but in my point of view (noob modder though) hard to implement.

I like the idea.
But perhaps a way of implementing it would be;
You know when villages get over runned by bandits & when you enter the village you emmidiately fight the bandits.
Why not change the appearance of the castles on the hill side to...something that looks more like a blockade rather than a castle (if possible) & try to implement a large amount of bandits in the blockade/s, so that you have to defete them to get past.

I'd like to say its possible with a certain level of modding skill.

James380 said:
Possut said:
baijiazi said:

I like the idea.
You know when villages get over runned by bandits & when you enter the village you emmidiately fight the bandits.
Why not change the appearance of the castles on the hill side to...something that looks more like a blockade rather than a castle (if possible) & try to implement a large amount of bandits in the blockade/s, so that you have to defete them to get past.

Your suggestion on how to do it makes perfect sense. Though atm, we have no skilled modder in the team. Zimke and I are slowly learning, so it would be nice to have a learned modder in the team.

Possut said:
James380 said:
Possut said:
baijiazi said:

I like the idea.

Your suggestion on how to do it makes perfect sense. Though atm, we have no skilled modder in the team. Zimke and I are slowly learning, so it would be nice to have a learned modder in the team.

Glad to hear you like it :smile:.
Sorry i cant help atm. In about...3-4 weeks time i will be on holidays so, ill brush up my modding skills & try to give you a hand :wink:.

James380 said:
Glad to hear you like it :smile:.
Sorry i cant help atm. In about...3-4 weeks time i will be on holidays so, ill brush up my modding skills & try to give you a hand :wink:.

Sounds awesome =D

NaimaR said:
Any news on making that revolver? :grin:
I could make it and add it in some chest, but in game,well no.
Curently I have a lot of work with AOC II so a revolver wont be coming out soon, when I make it I'll PM you one personaly with instructions on how to install it.
Stay well :wink:

First of all, congrats! 'tis a great mod!
Now, some suggestions:
1. Would it be possible to add racial consistency to troops and population?

(i.e. Kherjits should look like mongolians, Sarranids should look like arabs etc)

2. Firearms & grenades training in the training fields.

If someone wants to give me the facial codes for what they should look like... Then hell yes! Otherwise, I'm not going to take all the time to make 'races.' Being the only modder on the project, I have other things to do. But if someone were to provide me with the code I'll implement it.(zimmky wants this, so it'll probably get done)

2. We are looking into it, and I hope to at least have firearms included - we are still unsure if we are going to implement grenades or not, and if we do I am going to make sure they suck :grin:
haha jk

Hope that answers youur question

Since you will be implementing Sea battles/travel into the mod i was thinking you should implement fishermens ships which you can rob & also have the ability to fish  (make it a skill. I don't know how but i think it can be done).
eh?
& as another extra...what about hunting?
Instead of having just forest bandits, copy them, replace their model on the map with a model of a boar or bear with a montion ofcourse. Copy the model of the horses & modify them to resemble some sort of aggressive animal (bear, boar, wolf ect.) and give them the ability to jump and attack you or charge you eg: a bear can charge through your army like a heavy plated horse, but stops when it runs into a pike, it can swing its arm ect. When you won the battle you get pelts, meat, horns ect that you can sell/ use.
It sounds big, but i can give modeling the animals a go on the holidays as a hand.

Edit...whoops the hunting suggestion is already in the suggestions that are to be implemented lol. Well anyways, that my Idea of doing it. :smile:

As of now, I am not going to include the sea travel in the intiail release(we origionall wanted to have two seperate continents and a pirate faction)
BUT with that being said, it was just not practical with Warband and getting the AI to use the boats. And i have thus far been able to find a solution that makes it worth putting in game.
And yes I will be including the hunting mod :smile: But thank you for the suggestion- if it weren't already was a topic to go in it would have been a wonderful suggestion :smile:
haha

Sorry for the bad news about the sea travel- but I just can't get it to work decently :sad:

doc82nd said:
Sorry for the bad news about the sea travel- but I just can't get it to work decently :sad:

Ohh thats fine.
After all, who needs ships when you have all this luscious land to ride & spill blood apon :smile:

Im getting abit off my head  :oops: :oops:

So... you can treat it as you never read this  :lol: :lol:

Possible to code some ambush parties in the map? Maybe if u killed sea raiders too much... they will hatch a plan to take revenge by gathering all their mates....

A 1 shot 100-500 ambush party? depending on how many troops the player have currently...

Or a plan where u could only use a certain amt of troops against their numbers...

:twisted: :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom