=================================
CONTENTS:

1. How to use Diplomacy in your own mods
2. How to merge Diplomacy with other mods
3. Tools

=================================

[anchor=ownmods]1. How to use Diplomacy in your own mods[/anchor]

Download the sources here.

If you are planning to integrate Diplomacy into your own mod and you have any questions or problems this is the right place for you.

If you're going to use Diplomacy in your mod, give credit and include a link leading to About Diplomacy:mrgreen: In addition it would be nice if you tell me so I can add your mod to the list of mods using Diplomacy.

Diplomacy may not be used in a commercial mod without authorisation!

Diplomacy is build with the module system. Inside the folder "Diplomacy_v1.xbeta", there is a "sources" folder which contains the .py files for modders. In each source file added or changed code is enclosed between

Code:
##diplomacy begin 
##diplomacy end

All Diplomacy code elements have the common prefix
Code:
dplmc

Changed files (2.5)

module_constants.py
module_dialogs.py
module_game_menus.py
module_info.py
module_party_templates.py
module_presentations.py
module_scripts.py
module_simple_triggers.py
module_string.py
module_triggers.py
module_troops.py
module_items.py
module_meshes.py

Details about troops.txt, party_templates.txt and items_kind1.txt (2.5)

troops.txt:
Added 'trp_dplmc_chamberlain', 'trp_dplmc_constable', 'trp_dplmc_chancellor', 'trp_dplmc_messenger', 'trp_dplmc_recruiter'

party_templates.txt:
Added 'pt_dplmc_spouse', 'pt_dplmc_gift_caravan', 'pt_dplmc_recruiter'

items_kinds1.txt:
Added 'itm_dplmc_coat_of_plates_red_constable'

[anchor=othermods]2. How to merge Diplomacy with other mods[/anchor]

If you were able to merge Diplomacy with another mod, please post your solution here, so I can add it to this post and other players can follow it.

[anchor=tools]3. Tools[/anchor]

WinMerge for merging

Possut said:
Do you have hessuu's Recruiter mod implemented? If so, that's awesome

Yes it's implemented in 1.9beta (with minor changes) and accessible via the constable.

does this works with eagle and the radiant cross ?? if yes should i backup my original TETARC file ?? which file should I backup ??

sorry too many question
cheers :grin:

skullknight said:
does this works with eagle and the radiant cross ?? if yes should i backup my original TETARC file ?? which file should I backup ??

sorry too many question

Eagle and the radiant cross is a mount&blade mod, right? This is a mount&blade warband mod, so it won't work.

Waihti said:
skullknight said:

sorry too many question

Eagle and the radiant cross is a mount&blade mod, right? This is a mount&blade warband mod, so it won't work.

yes, but there's warband version and i'm using that and I'm playing warband not M&B

skullknight said:
Waihti said:
skullknight said:

sorry too many question

yes, but there's warband version and i'm using that and I'm playing warband not M&B

Ok. Since the mod seems to change code beside troops and items you will have to merge the sources which won't easy for someone without experience. And I don't know what a TETARC file is.

Waihti said:
skullknight said:
Waihti said:
skullknight said:

sorry too many question

Ok. Since the mod seems to change code beside troops and items you will have to merge the sources which won't easy for someone without experience. And I don't know what a TETARC file is.

which file should I backup & merge with TETARC file??

skullknight said:
Waihti said:

Did you read my answer? I don't know what a TETARC file is! Since I don't know anything about Eagle and the radiant cross you better ask the makers of the mod.

I use the mod 81 New Units ( http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,106125.0.html ) and i want to know how do i add the 'trp_chamberlain', 'trp_constable' and the 'trp_recruiter' because i'm not really a modder  :???: ? Did i just put it like this at the end of troops.txt?

Delaurn said:
I use the mod 81 New Units ( http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,106125.0.html ) and i want to know how do i add the 'trp_chamberlain', 'trp_constable' and the 'trp_recruiter' because i'm not really a modder  :???: ? Did i just put it like this at the end of troops.txt?

You also have to increment the counter at the top of the troops.txt. Other than that it should work. You can't use the optional simple trigger though.

Delaurn said:
Can you tell me how do i do this?

Edit troops.txt with your text editor. Add the missing diplomacy troops (currently: 'trp_chamberlain', 'trp_constable', 'trp_recruiter'
). After that go to the second line in the file and add the number of added diplomacy troops (currently 3) to the number you see in that line.

Waihti said:
skullknight said:
Waihti said:

Did you read my answer? I don't know what a TETARC file is! Since I don't know anything about Eagle and the radiant cross you better ask the makers of the mod.

well, it should be TEATRC which is just the abbreviation for 'the Eagle and the Radiant Cross', if that's what caused some of confusion, so the TEATRC file should refer to the actual files in the /modules/TEATRC folder and i think the answer to that should be the files listed in the first post. TEATRC comes as an .exe and without proper programming experience you can't merge the above files into it.

I'm currently implementing Diplomacy in AoC. I'm in the module_game_menus.py and I just found a ##Diplomacy end without a ##Diplomacy begin.

Since I'm a newb at this, I have no clue how to proceed. Help would be awesome

Possut said:
I'm currently implementing Diplomacy in AoC. I'm in the module_game_menus.py and I just found a ##Diplomacy end without a ##Diplomacy begin.

Since I'm a newb at this, I have no clue how to proceed. Help would be awesome

Checked the file can't find a 'end' without begin. What's the line number?

Waihti said:
Possut said:
Hehe I simply use notepad. If you got suggestion on what to use, please tell me =)

Merging is quite easy with  WinMerge, so I would suggest that one.

Ye, nice tool for this. Thanks...

I know why I didn't find that ##Diplomacy I was looking for... I searched with capital D, so it didn't find the ##diplomacy, with a lower d...

Back
Top Bottom